Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Legit] Woke up from a coma after WoD Garrosh progression, what did I miss?

After our guild leadership decided to disband the guild raiding scene, I was involved in a bad car accident. I ended up in a coma in the hospital until the past week.

Curious to what I missed in the WoW scene or IRL scene.

I saw that the current expansion {legion] is ending but that is about it. Did I miss much by not playing it? is it even worth buying and playing at this point?

Feelsbadman.jpg all over tbh. ;(

Welcome back!
    You haven't missed much in the WoW scene.
    Just the usual gear treadmill and fuckups.

Not sure if you're actually refering to MoP, since Garrosh is the boss in Siege of Orgrimar, or a boss in WoD that you accidently put the wrong name in for.

Btw congrats on finally getting better!
    Twitter @dorjemonk

Deleted
    Trumps president, this threads awesome.

People are still complaining about WoW while paying their $15 a month.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I mean since WoD.
    Mythics dungeons are kind of a big deal, very fun very challengeing.
    raiding is the same as always. not much have changed.
    Lore wise some good story have happend in Legion.
    pvp now scales only slightly with gear, which i like so yoi dont get the a guy can 3 times over oneshot you cus you just made a new alt, gear matters slighly but we are talking maybe 20-40% at most compared to 200% like previues expations.

If you return they have just changed leveling to scaleing which is very nice for new or returning players.

Given Garrosh wasn't a progression boss in WoD I doubt the legititude of this thread.

Congrats on waking up and being alive, hope everything's okay.

Legion still has ~7 months left and if you're still interested in the game it's worth playing through.

WoD was a very rushed expansion which primarily expanded on a lot of the game's systems and assets (new player models, flexible raiding etc etc etc, made WoW look like a modern game at the cost of a half-expansion).

Legion launched really well, there wasn't any queues or frequent lag/DCs so Blizzard fixed that off the bat.
    The zones are pretty neat the first time you do them, but imo have much worse replayability than other expansions.
    Special to Legion is the first max level proper quest zone, Suramar. A full quest line, longer and more rewarding than any of the other Legion zones which is definitely worth playing through.
    The Mythic+ system for dungeons is fairly successful in freshening up the end game experience, offering new gear pathways and I feel it's a good addition to the game.
    Not sure about PvP, but PvP talents seem neat.
    Other than Emerald Nightmare, every raid in this expansion had a cutscene at the end which was a plus.
    The story of Legion has ups and downs, it depends what you like most about WoWcraft's story telling. If you like strong worldbuilding, then a lot of Legion will fall flat on your ears, but if you prefer character arcs and big events then you might enjoy it a lot more.

tldr: If you have any interest in WoW after all you've been through, I'd say it's worth it before BfA hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on pulling through. If you're still interested in WoW, it is worth getting the current expansion because it will let you do quests to unlock four new races that have some fairly interesting abilities. Playing the new race through to 110 unlocks new cosmetic armor sets. That's sort of the bait we've been offered to fill in time at the end of the expansion and to get us to pre-order. With new characters to level, they've also revisited leveling. Things are slower and you have more choices in how you level -- for example you could skip TBC content and go straight to WotLK.

No new race for the current expansion, but we finally did get Demon Hunters as a class and they seem fairly popular. The MoP farms grew into a kind of side game that will let you keep some things running even when you don't have much time to log on. In MoP you got a farm that made gathering resources less tedious, in WoD you gained followers that could be sent out on missions, and in Legion you still have missions that can bring you gold or start quests.

@Soeroah If you check his post history https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=55311512
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri
    As of 4/30/15 we have made the decision to stop raiding.
    The account goes quiet a couple of months later, and the only post that doesn't follow his explanation was a one liner in a give away that could have been his wife or friend. I'm willing to cut some slack and say a guy who has been in a coma may have some things mixed up.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    After our guild leadership decided to disband the guild raiding scene, I was involved in a bad car accident. I ended up in a coma in the hospital until the past week.

Curious to what I missed in the WoW scene or IRL scene.

I saw that the current expansion {legion] is ending but that is about it. Did I miss much by not playing it? is it even worth buying and playing at this point?

Feelsbadman.jpg all over tbh. ;(
    Did you invest in crypto currency before you ended up in a coma?
    If you did, you're probably dirty rich now.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Congratulations on pulling through. If you're still interested in WoW, it is worth getting the current expansion because it will let you do quests to unlock four new races that have some fairly interesting abilities. Playing the new race through to 110 unlocks new cosmetic armor sets. That's sort of the bait we've been offered to fill in time at the end of the expansion and to get us to pre-order. With new characters to level, they've also revisited leveling. Things are slower and you have more choices in how you level -- for example you could skip TBC content and go straight to WotLK.

No new race for the current expansion, but we finally did get Demon Hunters as a class and they seem fairly popular. The MoP farms grew into a kind of side game that will let you keep some things running even when you don't have much time to log on. In MoP you got a farm that made gathering resources less tedious, in WoD you gained followers that could be sent out on missions, and in Legion you still have missions that can bring you gold or start quests.

@Soeroah If you check his post history https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=55311512

The account goes quiet a couple of months later, and the only post that doesn't follow his explanation was a one liner in a give away that could have been his wife or friend. I'm willing to cut some slack and say a guy who has been in a coma may have some things mixed up.
    I'm getting an error message with that link, but I also got a weird response when I clicked on my mentions, so something must be going wonky with the site.

I'll take it at face value, though. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, this title just sounds like a meme.

If you haven't played since WoD, Legion is probably one of the best, densest expansions in terms of lore, and if you care about the story at all I'd suggest playing through it on as many classes as you can. Though some classes (Death Knight) have better class stories than others (Hunters).

Deleted
    Trump is now Warchief and Hilary turned out to be a dreadlord.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean MoP?

Trump is US president. UK voted yes to Brexit.
    If you have some cryptocoin you might be rich.

If you care about Sports you missed a lot.
    Leicester won the EPL with 5000/1 odds, Real Madrid won the CL twice in a row for the first time, Cubs won the World Series, Cavs with LeBron came back from 3-1 in the NBA finals against the Warriors who broke the regular season win record (73-9). The Pats won the SB after being down 28-3 against the Falcons last year. This year the Eagles won it over the Pats.

Celebrity deaths you've missed: David Bowie, George Michael, Prince, the Linken Park singer, Muhammad Ali, Hugh Hefner, Carrie Fisher, Roger Moore...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Celebrity deaths you've missed: David Bowie, George Michael, Prince, the Linken Park singer, Muhammad Ali, Hugh Hefner, Carrie Fisher, Roger Moore...
    How could you forget Adam West...

Take your nerd card and tare it up right now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ask if they can put you back under until September.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How could you forget Adam West...

Take your nerd card and tare it up right now.
    He died in June 2017?? I thought that happened years earlier.

I didn't look any names up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah
    this title just sounds like a meme.
    Only enough so that I checked post history?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg
    Trump is US president.
    That's probably confusing. They mean Ivanka Trump.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Damn dude you're like a time traveler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue
    Damn dude you're like a time traveler.
    Mellow greetings, Taftvalue. It is incumbent on you to explain the use of the three seashells now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Trumps president
    Damnit you beat me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.