Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    To the people saying the Zandalari don't have access to the light: where is the outrage over them being priests? Ironically, our ONLY examples of the Zandalari in game use the Light and Shamanism, but never the Void or Fel magic (not saying the lore doesn't exist for it, just that we haven't ever seen it in game).

To me, based on what a paladin is, it doesn't make a ton of sense for races that have access to both priest and warrior to not be able to be paladins. But even if you put that aside, Zandalari paladins have been suggested since vanilla.

Blizz gone did fuck up.
    Yup...

If they're worried about to many classes then take away Warlock and give them Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    we will stop when the alliance stop taking way the horde iconic class too, stop being hypocrite

also, of course we are upset, since the lore support and would help to dismiss the number of blood elves in this game
    Alliance isn't getting any shamans with allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Where in my post did I say Moira was a Dark Iron Dwarf? They're LED by Moira. Good job turning an innocent reply into a passive aggressive argument for no reason
    That would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It's got to just be unfinished state. Of course dark iron dwarves can be priests.. Like duuhh, they're led by a damn priest. Moira's been a priest order hall questgiver the last year and a half.
    You not only implied that because their leader is a priest, that Dark Iron Dwarves can be priests, you outright stated it. However, Moira is NOT a Dark Iron Dwarf. So there is literally no correlation between Moira being a priest and Dark Iron Dwarves being able to be priests. That said, there are a LOT of DI Dwarves who are priests. All I said was that if you're going to try to make a case, use facts which support it. You're getting shirty with me because I called you out for sloppy fact reporting.

In general, I agree with you - Dark Irons should absolutely be able to be priests. I feel this way because there are lots of examples of actual Dark Iron Dwarves having priest powers and explicitly being called priests.

There was absolutely nothing passive-aggressive about my response. I outright called you out on sloppy fact reporting - not because I'm aggressive or because I'm trying to denigrate you, but because I support your stance and want it clear that your stance has basis in lore. When you introduce false facts into an argument, you do more harm for your stance than the opposition can. I know, it's foolish to worry about such things in regards to WoW lore (with which its own creators play fast and loose) or on a forum (where fallacious arguments are a way of life) - but since I do care about seeing that each race gets the correct classes, and that some of the more stifled classes get some love, well... *shrug* I want to make certain that someone else can't come along and rebut your argument by claiming that you gave a false example and thus all of your arguments are suspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    New race shamans means new totems, and that means extra work. Might be the main reason Horde isn't getting Zandalins (not that I care too much about it, Trolls are ugly and amor looks terrible on them, straight back or not).

7+ Year Old Account
    they already have more shaman options than horde have paladin options

and they should get dark iron shaman as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    theres nelf paladin npcs yet they cant be paladins lol
    Not to mention, the whole reasoning for the creation of one of the most ridiculus class-race combos in wow (cow paladins) was that they took inspiration from the night elves and their devotion to Elune.
    And yet they have paladins, and the NEs don't.

Why are the horde so upset at not having Zandalari Paladins? Stop taking away the Alliance's iconic class. Bad enough There's Blood Elves and Tauren running around.
    Because FOR ONCE it'd actually fit the race.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's another missed opportunity. A dark iron shaman would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah I was so excited to see trolls running around in Gold plate armor and with the Ashbringer... and this totally fits their artstyle and all, because umm, muh Loa

/s
    I also love Arms Troll Warriors running around with the thing that causes other trolls literally piss their pants, that's how scary it is to them.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah I was so excited to see trolls running around in Gold plate armor and with the Ashbringer... and this totally fits their artstyle and all, because umm, muh Loa

/s
    Afterall humans, its the race a paladin class fits the most. Especially with their golden, regal looking armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    you think that all zandalari are fighters? like human, civilian zandalari are weak and the fighter caste(?) fight for them.
    and anyway the discriminant for being paladin isnt being a mary sue but an enbodiment for his light aligned religion
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=139223/judgment-of-the-loa
    is exatly this.
    they have clearly a connection with light thanks some loa
    What about this spell says they have a connection to the Light? Anyone can cast judgement on someone by calling upon some form of magic or a powerful being, it doesn't have to be the Holy Light... Loa magic isn't Light magic, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    To the people saying the Zandalari don't have access to the light: where is the outrage over them being priests? Ironically, our ONLY examples of the Zandalari in game use the Light and Shamanism, but never the Void or Fel magic (not saying the lore doesn't exist for it, just that we haven't ever seen it in game).

To me, based on what a paladin is, it doesn't make a ton of sense for races that have access to both priest and warrior to not be able to be paladins. But even if you put that aside, Zandalari paladins have been suggested since vanilla.

Blizz gone did fuck up.
    Because troll priests don't use the Light, they use Loa and voodoo magic, that's why. Just like undead priests don't use the Light and night elf priests use Elune. Priest spells have always been wayyyyy more vague as to their power source: Heal, Greater Heal, Mend, Renew, Prayer of Healing, whereas paladins leave no doubt: Flash of Light, Holy Light, Light of Dawn, Judgement of Light, Aegis of Light

Paladins always use the Light, priests use something befitting their culture
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-12 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    What about this spell says they have a connection to the Light? Anyone can cast judgement on someone by calling upon some form of magic or a powerful being, it doesn't have to be the Holy Light... Loa magic isn't Light magic, sorry.

Because troll priests don't use the Light, they use Loa and voodoo magic, that's why. Just like undead priests don't use the Light and night elf priests use Elune. Priest spells have always been wayyyyy more vague as to their power source: Heal, Greater Heal, Mend, Renew, Prayer of Healing, whereas paladins leave no doubt: Flash of Light, Holy Light, Light of Dawn, Judgement of Light, Aegis of Light
    Loa cult is animistic in nature. Why couldn't a loa be actually a source of light?

I'll accept not getting Dark Iron shaman if it means Horde don't get Zandalari Paladins.

I'll accept not getting Dark Iron shaman if it means Horde don't get Zandalari Paladins.
    Everybody loses

Horde shamans: 7 races
    Alliance shamans: 3 (4 with dark iron?) races

Alliance paladins: 5 races
    Horde paladins: 2 races

Horde druids: 4
    Alliance druids: 2

Someone tell me why alliance getting another shaman race is unfair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    how the fuck light of the loa is not light magic? jesus christ

Because troll priests don't use the Light, they use Loa and voodoo magic, that's why. Just like undead priests don't use the Light and night elf priests use Elune. Priest
    ok, fine, you don't want trolls ruin your (wrong) fantasy paladins, i understand all the selfishness, but you just need to drop your headcanon right there.

Trolls DO use the light, you don't need to worship the light itself, or directly drawn from a source of light magic like sucking from a naaru, its already stated many times that you only need faith in something, and will power to use and control the light.

Also forsakens also use the light, they feel pain, but they use it

there is no such thing of "night elves use elune" lmao, they just have faith in elune, and the faith grant then power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ikee View Post
    Horde shamans: 7 races
    Alliance shamans: 3 (4 with dark iron?) races

Alliance paladins: 5 races
    Horde paladins: 2 races

Horde druids: 4
    Alliance druids: 2

Someone tell me why alliance getting another shaman race is unfair.
    i don't think any one here said it would be

i don't think any one here said it would be
    Mayto pretty much said so.

Why are the horde so upset at not having Zandalari Paladins? Stop taking away the Alliance's iconic class. Bad enough There's Blood Elves and Tauren running around.
    This pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    This pretty much.
    Yeah? Well I like my voodoo troll holy priests. I don't want other races to share my darkspears priest's belief. It's ruining my personal view of how I see priests. Humans shouldn't be priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Loa cult is animistic in nature. Why couldn't a loa be actually a source of light?
    If Blizzard creates a Loa of Light, why not? I'm not sure if it would really fit, seeing as most Loa are animalistic in nature or simply spirits of the powerful departed. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time Blizz bends lore to accomodate gameplay. As it stands however, a Light Loa does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Yeah? Well I like my voodoo troll holy priests. I don't want other races to share my darkspears priest's belief. It's ruining my personal view of how I see priests. Humans shouldn't be priests
    Priests have never been culturally-shackled like paladins were however. Like I mentioned earlier, priest spells are vague in name and their power source is not mentioned. Hell, in Classic each race had special spells as a priest; night elves had Starfall, dwarves had Fear Ward, Forsaken had Devouring Plague

how the fuck light of the loa is not light magic? jesus christ

ok, fine, you don't want trolls ruin your (wrong) fantasy paladins, i understand all the selfishness, but you just need to drop your headcanon right there.

Trolls DO use the light, you don't need to worship the light itself, or directly drawn from a source of light magic like sucking from a naaru, its already stated many times that you only need faith in something, and will power to use and control the light.

Also forsakens also use the light, they feel pain, but they use it

there is no such thing of "night elves use elune" lmao, they just have faith in elune, and the faith grant then power.
    Because ''light'' can simply mean ''guidance'' or something. Light =/= light. When an orc shaman says ''may the elements light your path'', he isn't talking about the Light. You just desperately want to see it as something even though there is no proof for it.
    Gotta love you accusing me of headcanon when you've yet to show me actual evidence of trolls using the Holy Light beyond one word in one spell of non-playable Thunderking Zandalari

You can't worship what you don't know. Zandalari don't know the Light.

Lmao talk about headcannon, Forsaken do absolutely NOT use the Light, as it causes them to burn alive, smell their rotting flesh, feel the maggots burrowing in their dessicated bodies. Basically ALL Forsaken priests are members of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.

I suggest you read up on lore beyond trolls, because there is such a thing as the Sisterhood of Elune... They are night elf priests who call upon Elune for smiting and healing, hence why nelf priests in Classic had the Starfall ability. Player nelf priests are part of this organisation.

And my vision of the paladin fantasy is most definitely not wrong, seeing as Blizz decided to not give Zandalari paladins
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-02-12 at 12:56 PM.

I don't normally get all butt-hurt about the class combinations they do or do not pursue.

This one however was a real kick in the nuts and considering that Zandalari have had paladins in their lore for so long doubles down on that kick.