Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm nowhere near 100% but I will close to 75% by the end of February.

I will skip healer challenges for Druid, Shaman and Monk. Fuck that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I'm nowhere near 100% but I will close to 75% by the end of February.

I will skip healer challenges for Druid, Shaman and Monk. Fuck that one.
    I have done Holy Priest, Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin - and from my experience, Shaman was the easiest. Mastery helps to get target with low HP to a decent level, and aoe stun with totem is very useful in P1.

Holy Paladin was OK, I did not have recommended legendaries, only healing shoulders + Sephuz, and I did not bother much with archer CC (because I already have an item level of about 928 on my paladin, though no tier set and bad trinkets), only stunned the mage to get stacks resettet. Paladin has a good set for spot healing and with 2 beacons, you have your group covered well. Probably, this had also a good synergy with shoulders, at least in P1. Later, their effect was more of a stat stick, and only effective again in the last phase.

Practicing druid at the moment, but will probably need more tries and some change in the talent setup, since I only have 2 healing legendaries from 7 recommended... And pray that I get at least one useful healing legendary for my monk in the next weeks. While doing DPS challenge with the monk without DPS legendaries was not much of a problem, because it was more a question of mechanics than DPS, I surely will need some more throughput in the healer challenge.

Also, did Guardian challenge without Luffa / Ekowraith (got only talent ring + tank feet), with an item level of 927 (using heirloom trinket) and gear with some pieces tending towards dps and some towards survivability. Could not DPS inquisitor outside the D&D area, so I had to work the strategy of other tanks, and spam moonfire in the mean time. Also used the moonkin form as an opener until the first cast of life drain, which I then interrupted in bear form. What's very annoying with guardian: You interrupt is tied to a charge. So, bear tartare and guttural roar talent have been also quite useful. Had to practice a bit more than with other tanks, and did a full Antorus LFR run inbetween, hoping to replace some bad gear pieces (got indeed 2 useful upgrades, but no tier items). My successful try was one where I managed to avoid being kicked down, and had 2 orbs after transition in P2. Also, infernals have been on CD and I could use my Guardian of Ursoc CD for the first spawn of netherhorror adds. Anyway, was the hardest tank encounter for me.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-01-29 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I used StM right away on pull, but delayed Voidform until I got to the benchmark of about 75%. If you can stay in Voidform longer, you get more stacks for damage on Raest, but you risk falling out of it too soon and die before Raest dies. If you enter it too late, then you probably lack damage to kill Raest before P2 is over. I used a couple of tries to get to the right point, and then another couple of tries to get enough lucky crits. Just as I posted, I am not exactly a good shadow priest.
    Raest is dead! Thanks again for all your advice!

It took me seven attempts to find the right time to pop my Power Infusion / Shadowfiend / Potion / Drums macro, and before I knew it, he fell over.

My priest is very happy today all thanks to you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Raest is dead! Thanks again for all your advice!

It took me seven attempts to find the right time to pop my Power Infusion / Shadowfiend / Potion / Drums macro, and before I knew it, he fell over.

My priest is very happy today all thanks to you!
    Congratulations!

Update: After getting Prydaz and the healing belt and some item levels more (sitting comfortable at about 930 item level), I god the resto druid challenge done in 2 attempts after practicing without the 2 legendaries. Swapped Velens instead of Prydaz for the last 2 stages. Panicked a bit inbetween, so the item level was definitively saving me. This was also my best attempt in management health and room space by far. Had still some clean floor left when the boss died.

Now, the only challenge left is Mistweaver monk. I am curious if I can do this one with healer and tank ring legendaries (because I only have 1 healer legendary, and the other ring is one of my worst slots) and an item level shortly before 930. Monk toolkit is not bad with paralysis being instant and also a talented aoe stun on top.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-07 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    So... now I am done. Did Mistweaver with healer and tank ring legendaries equipped, and an item level of 930. Had a hard time getting through P1, but afterwards, I oneshot this challenge. Glad I am done, healer challenges are streneous.

Deleted
    There is no in-game achievement for it. You get some weapon skin that looks decent on a few classes/specs so that is something I guess.

Overall not worth the time imo. Not really fun content for the reward you get.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I have done Holy Priest, Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin - and from my experience, Shaman was the easiest. Mastery helps to get target with low HP to a decent level, and aoe stun with totem is very useful in P1.

Practicing druid at the moment, but will probably need more tries and some change in the talent setup, since I only have 2 healing legendaries from 7 recommended... And pray that I get at least one useful healing legendary for my monk in the next weeks. While doing DPS challenge with the monk without DPS legendaries was not much of a problem, because it was more a question of mechanics than DPS, I surely will need some more throughput in the healer challenge.
    I always find it interesting what other players' experiences are. For me, resto druid was the easiest. I did it in under 30 attempts at 895 iLevel, Prydaz, and the Lifebloom belt. But I thought resto shaman was incredibly hard, and it took me over 50 attempts at 931 iLevel. Phase 1, wave 5 was quite challenging for me, and I kept blowing up Jarod and Co. in the final phase.

Edit: I just have three more classes to go: Rogue, Warrior, and Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    I always find it interesting what other players' experiences are. For me, resto druid was the easiest. I did it in under 30 attempts at 895 iLevel, Prydaz, and the Lifebloom belt. But I thought resto shaman was incredibly hard, and it took me over 50 attempts at 931 iLevel. Phase 1, wave 5 was quite challenging for me, and I kept blowing up Jarod and Co. in the final phase.

Edit: I just have three more classes to go: Rogue, Warrior, and Paladin.
    Good luck with the remaining classes!

Well, since I don't have raid gear (not even LFR tier set because honestly, I don't enjoy LFR much and rather do world bosses), I have to compensate with higher item level. Though after getting Prydaz and the belt, things went pretty smoothly, something about 5-10 tries. These 2 legendaries have been gamechanging for me.

Funny thing is, I play Resto Druid on and off since TBC, have not been healing raids much, but all harder dungeon content in TBC and Wrath. I only play Resto Shaman since MoP. Have not been healing much harder dungeons lately, though. Shaman with Prydaz and roots just don't need to worry about self-healing at all, Druid only has Prydaz in this regard, so being focussed by 2 melee was definitively a reason to go running and use Vortex, and not just stand there and toss out some heals on myself. But all this pales in comparison to MW Monk without Prydaz. Boy, this is a squishy healer.

Deleted
    Specs I've done it on so far:

Arms (during ToS)
    Fury (during ToS)
    Ele (during ToS)
    Enh (953)
    BM (930)
    Ret (930 1 leggo)
    Feral (923 1 leggo)
    Outlaw (922 1 leggo)

Ones I have left and want to do:
    Unholy
    Havoc
    Prot Warr
    Guardian

The rest I'll see later on.

So far, Outlaw was defo the hardest (without command center buff). Garbage spec and annoying to deal with the adds, defo the hardest incarnation of Agatha imo.
    Easiest was probably Elemental with like 920 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    [SNIP]
    So far, Outlaw was defo the hardest (without command center buff). Garbage spec and annoying to deal with the adds, defo the hardest incarnation of Agatha imo.
    Easiest was probably Elemental with like 920 ilvl.
    I did Outlaw without command center buffs and before Argus came out, so I could not use some of the OP consumables available now, and it was painful. Tried with MfD and RtB first, could not stand stupid RNG shit and went S&D. This was much better. Completed fire mage also without Command Center way before Argus. With other classes, I had it easier, because I just tackled the encounter with command center and all consumables. Needed about a dozen tries per character, even with specs I literally have not played before, but with benefits of knowing the encounter. For me, the easiest challenges have been Sigryn and Tugar, because they are mostly about mechanics and the DPS checks are not that hard to meet if you overgear the encounter by 10-20 item levels (though with Enhancement and Retribution, I was well in the usual range of about 905 item level, hence my judgement about Sigryn). Also, Twins with Moonkin has been quite easy.

Unholy was one of the encounters I did with Command Center, was a good thing since I mostly play Blood spec. For Havoc, I even did talent swapping between phases, and also switched legendaries. Prot Warrior was somewhere in the middle of difficulty, and spell reflecting Twisting Reflection from the final boss in P2 makes the phase almost trivial. Guardian, I did without recommended Luffa or Ekowraith, but it's possible (was at least for me with an item level of about 930 with heirloom DPS trinket). You just have to use roughly the same tactic as Prot Warrior, just take to account that you probably might need a second or two longer to get out from the D&D zone (depends on you having the buff from Bear Tartare or not). I also started the encounter in Moonkin form, and switched to bear for the first interrupt/charge.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-08 at 02:07 PM.

I've done the following:

Holy Priest
    Resto Druid
    Mistweaver Monk
    Vengence Demon Hunter
    Guardian Druid
    Frost Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Fire Mage
    Feral Druid
    Balance Druid
    Assassin Rogue
    Ww Monk
    Shadow Priest
    Discipline Priest

My next goals are:
    Pally - All
    Warrior - All
    DK - All
    Hunter - All
    Warlock - All
    Rogue - Sub and Outlaw
    Shammy - All

Sheesh, that is a lot to do now that I think of it ><

I got all mine done this last reset. I was thinking about making small guide on the basic tips and tricks for all the spec. There are alot of small things that make some part of these challenges completely different for some specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    with 930+ gear, which is easily obtainable, those challenges arent really challengin anymore
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    with 930+ gear, which is easily obtainable, those challenges arent really challengin anymore
    Have you done all of them? I played some of the specs first time and my ilvl with most of the dps was 920-925 with relinquished gear and no spec legendaries at all but still two legendaries. And I would hardly say there isn't any challenge at all. We can completely disregard assasination rogue, arcane mage, retribution paladin, enchancement shaman and demonology warlock. Sigryn is not even dps challenge, its all about control.

You have to remember that people who did these with 900 ilvl were raiders who had tier sets to make the dps alot easier.

Definitely a worthy achievement imo, not that common.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I got 4 of them done, mm+bm hunter (ilvl 905ish when done) then feral (ilvl 927 ish when done) and protection paladin (ilvl 907ish when done) the prot pally broke me ..
    mind that i'm far from the best prot in the world, but the protection challenge is still a huge pain in the ass and mouse-smashing berserk rage trigger xD

I'm doing them all right now. So far I've completed Druid and Warlock as well as 5 other specs, leaving me at 12/36, so still got ways to go but now that I've beaten every challenge so I truly understand them and my gear is catching up on several toons it'll definitely go faster. I didn't really start gearing before Antorus opened, so I had two sources of 925 drops per week.

Most of them are pretty easy, and out of my 12 I've oneshot 2 so far (UH DK and Balance Druid), but some are still pretty rough when you've got poor legendaries. Guardian without Luffa or Eko, Affli without Sacro or teleport pants and Fury Warr without any fury leggos all took me quite a bunch of tries.

All in all I'm having pretty fun so far, so I'm expecting to gather them all in due time. Not in a rush though.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-02-12 at 11:57 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a goal of mine. So far I've done;

Death Knight - Frost, Unholy and Blood
    Warrior - Arms and Fury
    Paladin - Retribution
    Shaman - Elemental
    Demon Hunter - Havoc and Vengeance
    Druid - Feral and Guardian
    Rogue - Assassination
    Warlock - Affliction

I haven't levelled a Monk yet and shift work means it's sometimes difficult to to do everything I need to do (Emisaries/WQ/PVP etc.) and do Mage Tower as well when it's up as right now it's not my highest priority. I've not made any progress or attempts in a week or two now but my last spree got me about seven new appearances in addition to getting Havoc/Vengeance on my Alt DH.

Next aims will be Prot Warrior, Resto/Enhance Shaman and Balance/Resto Druid. I still need to level my Monk and some of my others Alts haven't been to Argus yet.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The tank challenges are still moderately challenging even with high gear. The twins can still be trouble since it's not really forgiving even with higher ilvl gear and I doubt anyone can burst Raest on the second phase.
    The healing challenge really is about learning p1 CC though, the rest gets much easier with gear. Sigryn as you said is all about control (you can never really burst them before the point when every ability happens at once and once you are past that it's so easy). Feltotem is pretty damn easy as well, especially at higher stamina levels when you can survive the damage more easily (you can even survive a stun tbh). Closing the eye is very easy for most specs (but ffs I cannot seem to be able to kill the void adds on my survival hunter which is driving me crazy so I am now farming for an AoE trinket).

if anything doing them all is really fun. I just wish the damn tower was up when I had time to do them.
    Well I could burst Raest in 2nd phase following the Shadow S2M strategy with an item level of about 930 with 2 generic legendaries (Prydaz + crafted shoulders). But I doubt any other class can do it, because S2M and shadow form are quite specific.

Beside that, tank challenges surely get easier with gear, because you spend less time with P1 and P2 thus minimising amount of add spawns and thus things that can kick you off the plattform etc. You also minimise the amount of annihilates you have to survive in P2. But still, you have to handle some mechanics. Same with healer challenge. Though with better gear, you could probably get through P1 even after eating a mana sting if you use CDs properly. At about 925-930 item level, I managed to get through P1 without using bloodlust / drums, and just used these for healing up souls and buffing my group later for the final boss.

Regarding survial hunter: I did this challenge with about 930 item level and no tier set, used the pet talent ring and Roots. Getting adds down was a bit tricky, but as long as I did not fail setting up traps, it was OK. Had to do 3 waves, though. I generally hate this encounter. Easiest was warrior for me, because of 935 item level (crafted belt + Sephuz), and warrior's good mobility. After getting through P1, P2 was much easier, only needed a couple of tries per character.

My biggest problem was also the availability. With some characters, I could probably have done the challenge with a lower item level, but they gained gear faster than I managed to find time for tower when it was up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lol on Arms I just tried it without ever having played Arms and I two-shot it at 930. Same with a few other specs that got ridiculously easy with current gear (BM and WW were one-shots).

I am not saying that the tank challenge does not get easier, ofc it does, it's just reasonably hard even with good gear.
    I am not exactly a good player with the warrior class. If I can get the challenges done, probably everybody can.