Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    After our guild leadership decided to disband the guild raiding scene, I was involved in a bad car accident. I ended up in a coma in the hospital until the past week.

Curious to what I missed in the WoW scene or IRL scene.

I saw that the current expansion {legion] is ending but that is about it. Did I miss much by not playing it? is it even worth buying and playing at this point?

Feelsbadman.jpg all over tbh. ;(
    Welcome back to reality!

Warlords of Draenor
    It was ... mixed.

The premise of WoD was a return to outland, seeing it as it was before it broke. Time travel expansion, back to meet the old legendary orcs like Blackhand, Durotar, Ner'zhul, Gul'dan and Hellscream. Also explore the history of the Draenei, and the ties to the burning legion. It was gorgeous. The game was literally lifted back to a modern era, and a lot of work went into adding that special polish.

The questing experience in WoD was amazing, and there were so many new subs the servers literally broke. We meet up with Khadgar again, he's got the dryest sense of humor ever. We got to build our own base (sounds cooler than it was), and generally the first few weeks were brilliant. The problem with the expansion was a lack of content. You did all the quests, found all the secret treasures... then what? Nothing much more to do, really. The expansion also included a mobile waiting game where you sent your followers out to do missions, and some hours later they returned with spoils. The game literally devolved into logging on, sending out missions, logging out and playing a real game. This part of WoD was really bad.

There was also so much cut content. The devs talked about an ogre continent - cut. Farahlon (twisted nether in TBC), home of the laughing skull - cut (laughing skull clan moved south instead). Shattrath was supposed to be a raid if I understand it right - that was cut too. Even full storylines along the way disappeared into nothingness.

On the upside, the dungeons and raids were all very good. But there was a complete lack of anything else to do really. Wow was bleeding subs hard, for understandable reasons.

Legion
    Legion had the best sales pitch ever. No seriously, I cannot do it justice. That opening show for Legion was worth a billion dollars in marketing. It's hard to watch it and not go giddy.

The alliance and horde has failed at stopping the legions latest invasion. The legion invade in space ships and stuff this time around. Our factional leaders die. It falls to <your class> to save the day. You pick up an artifact weapon, like the doomhammer or ashbringer, and kick demon ass by evolving that weapon as you go. Or play as the new demon hunter class. "Class fantasy" was sold as the big thing - you should feel like a big-name hero of <your class>. There is a ton of class-specific content - rogues get infiltration questlines, shammies get questlines to calm and control the elements, priests gets questlines showcasing how they are useless and need a paladin to save them - it's all quite on the mark. We get to visit the broken isles, the location of Suramar - the city of the nighborne elves (birthplace of malfurion, illidan and tyrande). We get to free the Keeper Odyn from his prison by Helya, and take on the entire afterlife mythos of the Vrykul. The druids lose control of the emerald dream, and that has untold consequences which I won't spoil. Demons everywhere. And you get to build an entire organization of <your class> to lead the defence of azeroth. add to that some sinister Naruu, dead titans not quite as dead as everyone thinks, and a look at our planet from outer space.

IMO, legion is the best expansion ever - even more so than TBC. The main reason is that you don't run out of stuff to do, and that was the design goal. There's dungeons and raids, sure, but also world quests (like dailies, only significantly more interesting) and of course the big star of the show - mythic+. Think super hard heroics, on a tight timer. We also literally go to Argus, the central hub of the burning legion and take on everything the burning legion has. Oh, and the best groundhog day challenge ever made. It's awesome. It's grand. It's not at all boring.

Battle for Azeroth
    So, after legion, there is now a big thing sticking out of silithus. It's killing the planet. And instead of finding a cleric, everyone thinks now is a good time to kill each other. Cue war, not unlike Mists of Pandaria. Undercity being sieged to death. Alliance taking over the eastern kingdoms. Horde burning down Teldrassil. Allied races - basically subraces with new racials, some playable right now. Warfronts, sold as a first persion version of a warcraft 3 game. We'll see how that pans out. Oh, and kul tiras and zandalar exploration. Return to kezan.

It's probably gonna be good. But I don't really have the legion billion dollar sales pitch feel. That said, I trust blizzard to do what they are good at.

Real Life
    It's been a shitshow. Not worth catching up on. Seriously, just stay with World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Danner; 2018-02-12 at 12:40 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    woke up from a 45 minutes nap, did i miss something too wow wise?
    things were better 45 minutes ago, those were the days, now everything is shit

I'm just posting, so I can be on page 2 of this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Mellow greetings, Taftvalue. It is incumbent on you to explain the use of the three seashells now.
    Good luck with this !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    After our guild leadership decided to disband the guild raiding scene, I was involved in a bad car accident. I ended up in a coma in the hospital until the past week.

Curious to what I missed in the WoW scene or IRL scene.

I saw that the current expansion {legion] is ending but that is about it. Did I miss much by not playing it? is it even worth buying and playing at this point?

Feelsbadman.jpg all over tbh. ;(
    Your "coma" didn't stop you from opting in a mmo-c giveaway roughly six months ago.

I can't believe how people actually think you are being serious. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I have a long list of things I would do if I woke up from a year+ coma. MMO-Champion and WoW should not be on anyones. Go to Vegas snort blow off a hookers ass before you care about this nonsense.