Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yup...

If they're worried about to many classes then take away Warlock and give them Paladin.
    Yeah, about that... No thanks.

anyone who argues light as the reason can suck a fucking dick. Undead Holy Priests says it all. Yeah they don't technically use the light, but UNDEAD HOLY PRIEST. Just read that out loud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    anyone who argues light as the reason can suck a fucking dick. Undead Holy Priests says it all. Yeah they don't technically use the light, but UNDEAD HOLY PRIEST. Just read that out loud.
    If you knew anything about the lore, you'd know that undead holy priests aren't a thing. It is just a gameplay artefact... or would you have liked Blizz to have restricted Forsaken priests to only the Shadow spec?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Because ''light'' can simply mean ''guidance'' or something. Light =/= light.
    prove it

light =/= light? for real? i think you are reaching

Light is light, whatever its source."
    —Anduin Wrynn

Gotta love you accusing me of headcanon when you've yet to show me actual evidence of trolls using the Holy Light beyond one word in one spell of non-playable Thunderking Zandalari
    you want other evidence because you don't accept a actual ingame evidence because don't fit your headcanon?

You can't worship what you don't know. Zandalari don't know the Light.
    you don't fuck need to workship te light itself to use the light

Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it.
    ask CDev

Also, you need to be rly naive or rly obtuse to think an ancient empire like the zandalari don't know the light when they have time and power to explroe any kind of magic

Lmao talk about headcannon, Forsaken do absolutely NOT use the Light, as it causes them to burn alive, smell their rotting flesh, feel the maggots burrowing in their dessicated bodies. Basically ALL Forsaken priests are members of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.
    Its funny you bring the cult of forgotten shadow when one of their teaching is about balance, and how they need to learn wield the light too

They teach that one must first know the light before one can know the dark
    For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower
    so, yes, they use the light, is rare, but they do, so you are wrong

I suggest you read up on lore beyond trolls, because there is such a thing as the Sisterhood of Elune... They are night elf priests who call upon Elune for smiting and healing, hence why nelf priests in Classic had the Starfall ability. Player nelf priests are part of this organisation.
    you completly missed the point, the night elves ahve faith in elune , the faith and willpower made then able to wield and use the light, there is no such thing of "they use elune" this sound dumb as fuck

And my vision of the paladin fantasy is most definitely not wrong, seeing as Blizz decided to not give Zandalari paladins
    no, in fact is completely wrong, when we have blood elf, taurens and the entire scarlet crusade as paladins.

Thus you rly need to be naive to believe that Dark iron dwarfs will be a human/drenei be like paladin, when some time ago they were sucking ragnaros and twilight hammer dicks LUL

This thread is going to be my reference point the next time that some clown says that the Alliance is filled with crybabies. Thanks for the laughs and try not to take this game so seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This thread is going to be my reference point the next time that some clown says that the Alliance is filled with crybabies. Thanks for the laughs and try not to take this game so seriously.
    indeed, its a shame the alliance can't stop crying about horde getting another paladin, or a troll paladin ruining their fantasy of what a paladin is

I like how them being paladins was an EXPECTATION as soon as they were announced. Entitled twerps.

Yeah man, totally not you being a clown when you say stuff like "they were sucking ragnaros and twilight hammer dicks LUL"

If you knew anything about the lore, you'd know that undead holy priests aren't a thing. It is just a gameplay artefact... or would you have liked Blizz to have restricted Forsaken priests to only the Shadow spec?
    Actually they are.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forsaken#Faith

Some Forsaken priests continue to wield the Holy Light. While it is possible for them to use or be healed by the Light to its full effect like any living humanoid, it is accompanied by intense pain, making it require notable willpower to suffer through. Though painful, this does not cause any actual harm or damage on their undead bodies, even over long periods of time. In fact, some Forsaken with persistent contact with the Light over many years have even started to experience a return of their senses, which is not a pleasant experience given their rotted state.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Yeah man, totally not you being a clown when you say stuff like "they were sucking ragnaros and twilight hammer dicks LUL"
    it is not wrong

i mean, obviously they are not literally sucking ragnaros penis, because he is a elemental and all, but if you can't take the comparison with a little gag, sad for you.

If Blizzard creates a Loa of Light, why not? I'm not sure if it would really fit, seeing as most Loa are animalistic in nature or simply spirits of the powerful departed. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time Blizz bends lore to accomodate gameplay. As it stands however, a Light Loa does not exist

Priests have never been culturally-shackled like paladins were however. Like I mentioned earlier, priest spells are vague in name and their power source is not mentioned. Hell, in Classic each race had special spells as a priest; night elves had Starfall, dwarves had Fear Ward, Forsaken had Devouring Plague

Because ''light'' can simply mean ''guidance'' or something. Light =/= light. When an orc shaman says ''may the elements light your path'', he isn't talking about the Light. You just desperately want to see it as something even though there is no proof for it.
    Gotta love you accusing me of headcanon when you've yet to show me actual evidence of trolls using the Holy Light beyond one word in one spell of non-playable Thunderking Zandalari

You can't worship what you don't know. Zandalari don't know the Light.

Lmao talk about headcannon, Forsaken do absolutely NOT use the Light, as it causes them to burn alive, smell their rotting flesh, feel the maggots burrowing in their dessicated bodies. Basically ALL Forsaken priests are members of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.

I suggest you read up on lore beyond trolls, because there is such a thing as the Sisterhood of Elune... They are night elf priests who call upon Elune for smiting and healing, hence why nelf priests in Classic had the Starfall ability. Player nelf priests are part of this organisation.

And my vision of the paladin fantasy is most definitely not wrong, seeing as Blizz decided to not give Zandalari paladins
    Your own vision of "light" wouldn't make it possible for any other priest in game but humans and dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Yeah? Well I like my voodoo troll holy priests. I don't want other races to share my darkspears priest's belief. It's ruining my personal view of how I see priests. Humans shouldn't be priests
    The Wow priests were always based upon the Alliance priests from the RTS, not troll ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    The Wow priests were always based upon the Alliance priests from the RTS, not troll ones.
    Doesn't matter. The point I'm making is I have a view of how priests are and I don't want other classes to ruin it. This is what's happening with pallys in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Who said that Paladin can't be ruthless? Scarlet crusade certainly aren't goodie two shoe, and neither were blood knights.
    As for survivalist trope, I guess it fits Darkspears more as it was them that were forced to adapt in order to survive. Zandalari empire is still doing quite fine, in a meaning that it's still standing.
    1 - I am not talking about a ruthless paladin. An individual or a sect like SC can be as ruthless as they like to. I was pointing at the society in which the concept of a paladin comes to be. The survival of the fittest mode that Zandalari and by extent all trolls have does not allow room for weak having any protection, least to say protection provided by a Loa zealot. I wonder if any Loa actually would favor values which are form the core of the paladin class. That didn't happen for 16.000 years and I doubt something would change.

2 - As I already mentioned, all trolls are survivalist. Zandalari especially. They thrived through any major crisis Azeroth has faced over it's existence being the first humanoid sentient race on it. They managed to stay tough. They are the guys who both document all history and lore on Azeroth and then venture into jungle to tame a freaking direhorn as a part of initiation rite. That's what I like about them - they managed to become cultured and learned without becoming soft.

Their main symbol and favored style of decoration is a skull. Yes, a gilded and fancy skull but a skull nontheless. If you understand what I mean.

What about this spell says they have a connection to the Light? Anyone can cast judgement on someone by calling upon some form of magic or a powerful being, it doesn't have to be the Holy Light... Loa magic isn't Light magic, sorry.

Because troll priests don't use the Light, they use Loa and voodoo magic, that's why. Just like undead priests don't use the Light and night elf priests use Elune. Priest spells have always been wayyyyy more vague as to their power source: Heal, Greater Heal, Mend, Renew, Prayer of Healing, whereas paladins leave no doubt: Flash of Light, Holy Light, Light of Dawn, Judgement of Light, Aegis of Light

Paladins always use the Light, priests use something befitting their culture
    its holy damage, the other spell is a light heal. its written clearly in the tooltip.
    nobody cares about the human "holy light", if you are referencing to their religion with your Light, because it isnt the cause of being a paladin, their religion make a contact with the energy light, like naruu is for draenei and belf, elune for nelf, sun for tauren and arakkoa, money for goblin, odyn for vrykul and something for keepers.
    and loa for trolls.
    then some culture decide to become enbodiment of that light.
    zandalari decided this way

Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post
    1 - I am not talking about a ruthless paladin. An individual or a sect like SC can be as ruthless as they like to. I was pointing at the society in which the concept of a paladin comes to be. The survival of the fittest mode that Zandalari and by extent all trolls have does not allow room for weak having any protection, least to say protection provided by a Loa zealot. I wonder if any Loa actually would favor values which are form the core of the paladin class. That didn't happen for 16.000 years and I doubt something would change.

2 - As I already mentioned, all trolls are survivalist. Zandalari especially. They thrived through any major crisis Azeroth has faced over it's existence being the first humanoid sentient race on it. They managed to stay tough. They are the guys who both document all history and lore on Azeroth and then venture into jungle to tame a freaking direhorn as a part of initiation rite. That's what I like about them - they managed to become cultured and learned without becoming soft.

Their main symbol and favored style of decoration is a skull. Yes, a gilded and fancy skull but a skull nontheless. If you understand what I mean.
    thats not like real crusader and christianity in general use a death tool with a dead as their symbol. and they are the inspiration for paladin :|
    btw we dont know much about zandalari culture. we know that they value strenght, but even humans value it, varian tried until the last to train anduin, arthas was tutored by half alliance.
    btw they are the most scholarly society of trolls and scholars and priests are the higher cast, differently than humans where the nobles are basically all fighters. and the initiaton rite you are referencing is only for the ones that want become fighter. scholars havent to do anything like this.
    and lower class seems to be better than the human counterpart, they are referenced as foundation of the empire instead of something more than a hungry slave
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2018-02-12 at 02:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. The point I'm making is I have a view of how priests are and I don't want other classes to ruin it. This is what's happening with pallys in here.
    you are not gonna make a good argument if you use logic in here dude /s
    Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post

Their main symbol and favored style of decoration is a skull. A gilded skull but a skull nontheless. If you understand what I mean.
    Survival of the fittest the zandalari? Maybe at their beginning. They've been an empire for thousands of years. You can't have a primitive social structure and achieve those heights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are not gonna make a good argument if you use logic in here dude /s
    Kappa
    we're all in here to a have a chat, at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god no more tribal paladins. Tauren paladins were a mistake as from the way they're described they're more like sun druids/priests or else night elves would be filled with paladins and not priests.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Oh god no more tribal paladins. Tauren paladins were a mistake as from the way they're described they're more like sun druids/priests or else night elves would be filled with paladins and not priests.
    Why not? Zandalari pallys would still be less tribal than taurens. Sorry guys but you can't claim dibs on what is a warriorpriest class at the end of the day.

Survival of the fittest the zandalari? Maybe at their beginning. They've been an empire for thousands of years. You can't have a primitive social structure and achieve those heights.

- - - Updated - - -

we're all in here to a have a chat, at the end of the day.
    Maybe is the keyword here. Guys, why don't you read before posting?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_...ure_.26_people

It was highlighted back in 5.2 in Zandalari journals looted from isle of thunder Zandalari mobs.
    Building an empire and achieving those heights is not preventing your society from keeping a tradition to test individual's strength, physical, spiritual and mental. Not one of them only.
    And cull the weakest as a result.