Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Show me your work from where you make that preposterous statement.
    https://realmpop.com/

I used max level 110 as it should be a more accurate picture of what is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    EU Realm pop has them as the least played race in each faction but if you combine their numbers, there are more pandaren than dwarves, worgen, gnomes and goblins.

This carries over even if you look at just max level characters even though the numbers are fairly different.

For US Realm pop, worgen are more populous on all levels while at max level pandaren still beat them.

https://realmpop.com/ for reference. Their methodology is not idea ofc, not compared to e.g. someone parsing the Armory for active characters in the last six months by race. But I don't know anyone who does that.
    That's not how statistics work...jesus fucking christ what do they teach you in schools? If you combine 2 races from 2 different factions then it's as if you combined goblins and gnomes and say "AHA! LOOK! GNOMES AND GOBLINS ARE MORE PLAYED THAN WORGEN! PROOF!"

Let's forget they actually added a race meant as an easter egg in the last expansion of W3 as a neutral playable character race.

Just let it go. There is a reason why you don't see them ANYWHERE in game anymore (except as monk tutors to new races).

That's not how statistics work...jesus fucking christ what do they teach you in schools? If you combine 2 races from 2 different factions then it's as if you combined goblins and gnomes and say "AHA! LOOK! GNOMES AND GOBLINS ARE MORE PLAYED THAN WORGEN! PROOF!"
    Except Horde and Alliance pandaren ARE the same race. They share the same model, same racials, same customization, same language, same starting zone, same everything. You're just allowed to choose which faction to join.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    Let's forget they actually added a race meant as an easter egg in the last expansion of W3 as a neutral playable character race.

Just let it go. There is a reason why you don't see them ANYWHERE in game anymore (except as monk tutors to new races).
    Easter eggs are hidden references, if an easter egg gives you a quest and accompanies you on your campaign then it's not an easter egg.
    Monk Class Order Hall? Fist of Ra-Den? Hell they just released a mount in the shop for Chinese New Year that ties directly into Pandaria.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-12 at 02:20 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Not sure I'm looking for anything per sey. But considering pandas share gnomes lore drought. This just seems like the easiest way to give them some attention.

Also I love the sound of more turtle lore
    what? Pandas share gnomes lore drought? Pandaren had a whole expension + Monk Class Order hall!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    "Why do we fight?"

"Whydowefight" is the name of my Pandaren Monk ;D

There is never a good time for panda lore.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    what? Pandas share gnomes lore drought? Pandaren had a whole expension + Monk Class Order hall!

- - - Updated - - -

"Whydowefight" is the name of my Pandaren Monk ;D
    I really should have said story over lore. I hadn't got around to monk class order yet.

I meant more their race had more or less been forgotten by the larger plot (I was ignorant of the monk storyline). Particularly their racial leaders

10+ Year Old Account
    pls no , what they should do is erase the pandas from the game ppl saying erase or forget WOD , should do that to panda land

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's not a goddamn Demon, Orc, or Elf again, I'll gladly take anything else. And Pandaren are easily top three of the list. Hell, even Kul'Tiras is an improvement because PIRATES! I need to make a new Ally character for the sole reason of being a pirate. Fuck the Legion, gimme some damn pirates!

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    pls no , what they should do is erase the pandas from the game ppl saying erase or forget WOD , should do that to panda land
    They should probably prioritize removing the bad aspects of the game, not the good ones. ^_^
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Good fucking riddance, one of the most out of nowhere insipid villains i've ever seen.
    Scheisse you are salty AF. Show us on the doll where the panda touched you.

Also, did you like... not quest in half of Pandaria? Lei Shen was mentioned in pretty much every zone that wasn't crawling with mantid (except perhaps Krasarang Wilds because it was so focused on the insipid Alliance v Horde conflict). Hell, major questlines in Kun Lai summit deal with the player trying to keep him dead.

It's like people don't even read. Makes me wonder how you manage to post on a forum at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    As long as it's not a goddamn Demon, Orc, or Elf again, I'll gladly take anything else. And Pandaren are easily top three of the list. Hell, even Kul'Tiras is an improvement because PIRATES! I need to make a new Ally character for the sole reason of being a pirate. Fuck the Legion, gimme some damn pirates!
    Well, I mean even if you're Horde you can roll an Outlaw Pirate rogue.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Personally, I would actually agree that, if the Pandaren are in the game -- which they are -- then they deserve to be supported, with at least some semblance of Lore.

The problem is, Blizzard is terrible at giving motivation to factions that aren't "Horde or Alliance". As far as I can tell, Night Elves have never benefited from being members of the Alliance, and aside from a few odd Night Elves clad in Stormwind armor, they've really never been properly represented, except when it comes exclusively to Druids.

It would be nice for Blizzard to have a few employees well-versed in Lore take some time to give each and every Player Faction (including the Ebon Blade and now the Illidari) some reason to exist during an expansion. My Death Knight may as well have died in Icecrown Citadel, because nothing since has ever really been relevant. Legion made an admirable attempt, but some Classes just had less motivation than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Well, I mean even if you're Horde you can roll an Outlaw Pirate rogue.
    Already did. Pirate Rogue = good. Pirate expansion = TAKE MY MONEY!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

There are actually a very few things to be expected in terms of story directly tied to pandaria and wandering isles pandaren. But those are very important to my eyes and I'd would be very disappointed if they don't invest in continuing exploring those :
    - Ra den has now the proof that the Pantheon is still alive and preserving order, so he will very much likely take back control over the mogu.
    - Ji Firepaw will have an important decision to make, either repeat the clash of the siege of orgrimmar and maybe leave the horde, or submit and work fully for the Sylvanas' horde. Same goes for his alliance counterpart.

Gosh so much edgy teens in this thread.

MoP was one of the best (if not the best) expansion gameplay/raid/story-wise.

Getting to know more about the two "master" of each faction would be neat.

Gnome lore is literally pointless because I don't think the race has anything to offer storywise, but that can change if they ever introduce mechagnome allied race or something like that.

Worgen story is pretty much "kill sylvanas now"

NElves story is "Malfurion is so powerful he can't do shit and Tyrande is Elune's Chosen but she can't do shit"

Bloodelves story is "I love draenei, lightforged, everything light oriented and I secretely want to join the Alliance but my prideful leader won't"

Homophobia is so gay.

they don’t give a shit about pandas, and for good reason.

Yeah let's not repeat that mistake ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Scheisse you are salty AF. Show us on the doll where the panda touched you.

Also, did you like... not quest in half of Pandaria? Lei Shen was mentioned in pretty much every zone that wasn't crawling with mantid (except perhaps Krasarang Wilds because it was so focused on the insipid Alliance v Horde conflict). Hell, major questlines in Kun Lai summit deal with the player trying to keep him dead.

It's like people don't even read. Makes me wonder how you manage to post on a forum at all.
    Uh....okay? Kobolds are mentioned in multiple zones in EK, does that make them amazing villains?

"Oh look, a dude empowered by the titans and copy pasted history from Chinese history into WoW. Amazing writing!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Gosh so much edgy teens in this thread.

MoP was one of the best (if not the best) expansion gameplay/raid/story-wise.

Getting to know more about the two "master" of each faction would be neat.

Gnome lore is literally pointless because I don't think the race has anything to offer storywise, but that can change if they ever introduce mechagnome allied race or something like that.

Worgen story is pretty much "kill sylvanas now"

NElves story is "Malfurion is so powerful he can't do shit and Tyrande is Elune's Chosen but she can't do shit"

Bloodelves story is "I love draenei, lightforged, everything light oriented and I secretely want to join the Alliance but my prideful leader won't"
    Pandaren "lore": Half of the medieval history of China, hamfisted Titan references, a sprinkle of trolls, anal rapist monkeys, alcohol abuse and incompetence at doing all the things they bitch at us of not doing right. Did I miss something?

Oh right.

Fighting our emotions.

Our greatest enemies.

Yes.

This is why I play Warcraft.

To fight my fucking emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I really should have said story over lore. I hadn't got around to monk class order yet.

I meant more their race had more or less been forgotten by the larger plot (I was ignorant of the monk storyline). Particularly their racial leaders
    And with the help of God, this is how it's going to stay. A forgotten mistake, hopefully one day skipped as they revisit levelling

- - - Updated - - -

Uh....okay? Kobolds are mentioned in multiple zones in EK, does that make them amazing villains?

"Oh look, a dude empowered by the titans and copy pasted history from Chinese history into WoW. Amazing writing!"

- - - Updated - - -

Pandaren "lore": Half of the medieval history of China, hamfisted Titan references, a sprinkle of trolls, anal rapist monkeys, alcohol abuse and incompetence at doing all the things they bitch at us of not doing right. Did I miss something?

Oh right.

Fighting our emotions.

Our greatest enemies.

Yes.

This is why I play Warcraft.

To fight my fucking emotions.
    Of course. As a savage troll headhunter murdering assassin I now have a list of priorities and fighting my emotions is on number 1.
    Thanks kung-fu pandas for this cheap dose of 2 bits Chinese cookie philosophy.
    I mean who doesn't want more npcs called "fragrant lotus" and " flying snow".
    Last edited by Missed; 2018-02-13 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Of course. As a savage troll headhunter murdering assassin I now have a list of priorities and fighting my emotions is on number 1.
    One would think that a soldier capable of controlling and weaponizing their emotions would be more deadly than one who let their impulses get the better of them.

Pandaria is far from a peaceful wonderland as many folks would believe, however. The Shado-Pan have been known to viscously mutilate initiates (children) that cannot pass the trials. Sunwalker Dezco's infant son also had his skull crushed by a mogu.

Pandaria is far from Disneyland and the peaceful, comical persona is meant to be a cover-up for a dark and ancient history.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    One would think that a soldier capable of controlling and weaponizing their emotions would be more deadly than one who let their impulses get the better of them.

Pandaria is far from a peaceful wonderland as many folks would believe, however. The Shado-Pan have been known to viscously mutilate initiates (children) that cannot pass the trials. Sunwalker Dezco's infant son also had his skull crushed by a mogu.

Pandaria is far from Disneyland and the peaceful, comical persona is meant to be a cover-up for a dark and ancient history.
    Ye ye I'm sure being able to control your emotioblabablabla. It's a videogame dude. A videogame about orcs and humans. If I wanted to receive cheap.lessons about how to be a better self I'd read a cheap book about achieving your true self. At least if you want to include some unnecessary depth, make it work. Be real deep. Pandaland isn't "depth". Pandaland is the land of "flying snow" and "fragrant lotus". Stereotypical 2 bits bullshit. It's as if they wrote it using as reference fortune cookies and 1970s US kung-fu flicks.

Pandaland is the land of Hozen, flying lotus, fat pandas, evil rabbits and so on and on and on. Of course it's not Disneyland. At least Disneyland is coherent with itself. Doesn't have to hide behind the "hey, Shado-Pan mutilate their kids" kinda shit.