Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    From the article you linked... And in your post... The uniforms are recommended, not compulsory.

This school is offering a more expensive option, but it's only an option.

I have no issues with this at all.
    But... what are the uniforms good for then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Probably none.

The principal is trying to keep any poor/poorer kids out of the school by setting a dress code that will ensure that he gets mostly wealthy students - which means their parents can spend more on the school (although I'm not sure how school funding works in Japan) as well as the school will get higher test scores since income is a major player in performance.

If you can't afford the uniform they aren't compulsory, but it's definitely going to set up a hierarchy in the school based on uniform. If you can't afford the Armani then you clearly don't deserve to sit at the rich kids table.

The principal knows exactly what he is doing and without a uniform subsidy for poorer students he's looking forward to the less rich kids leaving and making his school "elite."

It's fucking anime man .....
    You know, sometimes I wonder how they come up with some of the most absurd and bs plots in highschool anime, but you read this, and it all makes sense...

- - - Updated - - -

From the article you linked... And in your post... The uniforms are recommended, not compulsory.

In japan the way society is built, if you don't have the recommended anything you will be considered less worthy than dirt. And that's passed on to your kid (and legal)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Oh yeah? Tell that to whoever made the rule to wear Armani uniforms, lol.
    Yeah everything can be twisted, don't try to defend this shit.
    I was quoting your tantrum, complaining about how you see that school uniforms in general are stupid, and I never mentioned anything about Armani you are doing that.. Maybe you may want to read the post before replying like an angry little person..

10+ Year Old Account

How so bud. Think about it, why do you want two types of uniform when one will suffice.

$730? In Tokyo that could buy you two watermelons and half an apple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Preposterous. For that price the kids could've gotten some professional grade winter wear.
    aye lmao xDDDDDD

Offering 2 uniform options, an expensive one and a cheap one... Just how stupid can you be?

You're destroying the entire purpose of having a uniform in the first place. Equality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I was quoting your tantrum, complaining about how you see that school uniforms in general are stupid, and I never mentioned anything about Armani you are doing that.. Maybe you may want to read the post before replying like an angry little person..
    You never mentioned anything about Armani because you ignored that fact.
    You claimed that school uniforms teach kids to dress smart and that they will not be peer pressured because they are all wearing the same clothes - yet completely ignored the fact that the suit is a $750 brand. So what happens if a kid shows up in a normal "non Armani" suit?
    It's better if kids are dressed casually.
    Maybe you want to read your own post.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You never mentioned anything about Armani because you ignored that fact.
    You claimed that school uniforms teach kids to dress smart and that they will not be peer pressured because they are all wearing the same clothes - yet completely ignored the fact that the suit is a $750 brand. So what happens if a kid shows up in a normal "non Armani" suit?
    It's better if kids are dressed casually.
    Maybe you want to read your own post.
    I am talking about uniforms in general I don't care where they come from, and if you read the OP you would know that the Armani ones are not compulsory.. But since you like to ignore that part we are done here..

15+ Year Old Account
    I am talking about uniforms in general I don't care where they come from, and if you read the OP you would know that the Armani ones are not compulsory.. But since you like to ignore that part we are done here..
    We're not done here.

You just said that Armani uniforms are not compulsory, yet in your previous post, I quote:

The reason is that having a uniform teaches the child how to dress smartly and take pride in their appearance, and the main thing about school uniforms is that the child does not have to worry about peer pressure as every student is wearing the same thing..
    So there would be two groups, the Armani kids and non-Armani kids.
    Do you realize what kind of a royal fuckup that would be?

"If they all wear the same, the kids won't tease the poor ones"

/rofl

Battling evil without any logic whatsoever only for someone to prove that was BS all the time.

Humans /rofl

My kids go to a school that requires uniforms. But theirs is a logo polo and khakis. It’s actually WAY cheaper to go school clothes shopping with uniforms than it is to take a 13 year old girl shopping for generic what she like school clothes.

Seeing as this school is in a upper class area, seems the principal is doing this as a way of weeding out poor kids without outright saying it. I don’t really blame the guy. If you could run a rich kid school or a poor school you would choose rich kid 1000% of the time.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    My kids go to a school that requires uniforms. But theirs is a logo polo and khakis. It’s actually WAY cheaper to go school clothes shopping with uniforms than it is to take a 13 year old girl shopping for generic what she like school clothes.

Seeing as this school is in a upper class area, seems the principal is doing this as a way of weeding out poor kids without outright saying it. I don’t really blame the guy. If you could run a rich kid school or a poor school you would choose rich kid 1000% of the time.
    Yeah can only imagine how much parents spend on their childrens clothing, since most stuff they want these days costs an arm and a leg.. About 10 or 20 years ago parents on average would spend about $350,000 on each child up till they were adults.. Hate to know what it is now..

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    School uniforms are retarded. I'm so glad we never had those in my schools.

I can't remember a single instance where anyone was bullied for the cloths they wear. I believe it's just an excuse.
    It is.

Most people who purport it went to school with school uniforms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    School uniforms are retarded. I'm so glad we never had those in my schools.

I can't remember a single instance where anyone was bullied for the cloths they wear. I believe it's just an excuse.
    Oh, I was definitely bullied for the clothes I wore. We were poor and I had cheap clothes, so that was a major target for bullies. I can't believe you think that doesn't exist. Kids bully for every reason they can find, and having 'the wrong' clothes is always one of those reasons.

I wish we had uniforms back then.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Oh, I was definitely bullied for the clothes I wore. We were poor and I had cheap clothes, so that was a major target for bullies. I can't believe you think that doesn't exist. Kids bully for every reason they can find, and having 'the wrong' clothes is always one of those reasons.

So that you could then be bullied for having the wrong watch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post

I worded that poorly. I meant I never saw or heard such bullying happened, when I was in the school. You are quite right that kids can bully for pretty much everything. Which is why I think uniforms are redundant. Because kids bully for everything.

What should be fixed, is the bullying itself. Have teachers intervene, etc.

Besides, if you were poor, surely you'd appreciate the money going to something you actually need?