Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Well the patrol car is worth more to society than some piece of shit thug garbage.
    Based on what metric? It’s unlikly the car is gonna pay more in taxes not even to mention the social distain just like this causes towards the police.

Some people love their work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What are the lines in the sand for your war then?
    Mine??? I am speaking in general, killed and execute one of ours, and disregard the life of me and mine, then it's tit for tat at the very least, this is how wars go on.

All you have to do is diminish the lives of those killed as thugs and dehumanize them, and prop up the ends justify the means especially depending on who you are are born as. Then yes, it for sure a war, and it takes the same course as any other kind of conflict.

That's the way I see it, because that is how I see incidents like this one unfolding every single time. But at least the pretense everybody cares about everyone is over, now the reality comes into play. Just like when hearing about wars and conflicts overseas.

First instincts in the past when they weren't americans was who was it and where they fall along the lines of enemy or whatever else.

Now the same is applied towards here in situations like this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    That's not how any sensible legal system should work.

Police officers should not be given carte Blanche to shoot anyone driving too fast because they might be a murderer.
    Speeding and running from an officer are 2 different things. Please be honest in your arguments.

Not caring for lives seems a step beyond not caring for the law.
    don't care for lives that don't care for the law and others health and safety, that's why some of them spend their entire lives in prison, are we "caring" for those as they rot away mindlessly waiting for death?

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    That's not how any sensible legal system should work.

Police officers should not be given carte Blanche to shoot anyone driving too fast because they might be a murderer.
    Ramming into police cars during a chase like this is considered assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. Cops will kill you for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Ramming into police cars during a chase like this is considered assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. Cops will kill you for that.
    My point still stands.

Throughout the history of western jurisprudence it has generally been frowned upon and it is actively avoided that police forces should be considered to be both the investigators of crime, the entity which decides on guilt and the factors of punishment.

What you are describing a system in which police forces can enact 'justice' without evidence or access to trial. If by don't see a problem with that you have a serious problem.

"I said, 'Don't ram him. Shoot him.' "F*** that s***. You're gonna tear my cars up."

Says it all right there. What a PoS, lock him up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    don't care for lives that don't care for the law and others health and safety, that's why some of them spend their entire lives in prison, are we "caring" for those as they rot away mindlessly waiting for death?
    I care for people in prisons ya, which is why I think th prison system should be about rehabilitation not punishment, breaking the law should not strip some one of there value as a person.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-02-12 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Considering he could have killed someone running from the law, yup he's a thug.

Slow speed chase

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Mine??? I am speaking in general, killed and execute one of ours, and disregard the life of me and mine, then it's tit for tat at the very least, this is how wars go on.

All you have to do is diminish the lives of those killed as thugs and dehumanize them, and prop up the ends justify the means especially depending on who you are are born as. Then yes, it for sure a war, and it takes the same course as any other kind of conflict.

That's the way I see it, because that is how I see incidents like this one unfolding every single time. But at least the pretense everybody cares about everyone is over, now the reality comes into play. Just like when hearing about wars and conflicts overseas.

First instincts in the past when they weren't americans was who was it and where they fall along the lines of enemy or whatever else.

Now the same is applied towards here in situations like this.

So not a war at all then?

If all the cops would be like this particular one there would be no criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not a war at all then?
    Well if there wasn't a purpose behind those who do the killing it wouldn't be, but as these things escalate and situations like the OP. When it comes down to one of us or one of them yes this is a war in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    If there were more cops like to this idiot, there would be a lot more body bags, and not just the ones you seem to be ok with.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yes there would be are you daft? Even In places where crimes have much much harsher punishments there are criminals they wouldn’t just disappear because they might get shot they would just try harder not to get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Slow speed chase
    Yeah 50mph is slow and towing a fully loaded trailer wouldn't do much damage at all. oh wait, yes it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Quote where I was referring to this particular case. I'll wait.
    so you have two options now:

1. Admit you're talking about this chase and thus confirm that you want cops that would rather kill people than damage their cars.

2. Admit that you're talking about something completely off-topic to try and derail the thread, which should net you an infraction for spamming.

which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Slow speed chase
    Did you watch the video? He was still going fast enough to kill someone One report says 30-40 MPH, A toxicology report found methamphetamine, amphetamine and cannabis in Dial’s system when he died, according to the newspaper.

I would have more pity for him, but he seemed to be little more than a drunk driver and I don't have much pity for drunk drivers.

Re-open the investigation, and punish the sheriff for calling for the murder of someone, and denying him his constitutional rights. I don't see how any officer would have followed such a command.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Well if there wasn't a purpose behind those who do the killing it wouldn't be, but as these things escalate and situations like the OP. When it comes down to one of us or one of them yes this is a war in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

If there were more cops like to this idiot, there would be a lot more body bags, and not just the ones you seem to be ok with.
    What purpose is there? Cops go to stop criminals some are fuck ups or asses and it ends in some one geting shot that doesn’t mean the purpose of cops is to end in a shooting. There is no cop vs citizen war going on because at the end of the day 100% of cops go home and are citizens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/us...ff1217PMVODtop

If only people would stop resisting and avoid needlessly endangering the public.
    As Jim Carrey puts it best in the great cinematic classic, "Liar Liar".....STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE!

Easiest way to avoid most of these controversial stories, shootings, etc.