Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

What happened to Blizzard?

Hi,

i am just wondering if i am alone in this opinion or if anyone else seeing thesame problem as i do. I was a hardcore Blizzard fan, every game they made i would buy it instantly without thinking because i knew this gonna be epic game. I was there at Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft 2/3 releases as well as Vanilla WoW and Diablo 2 (not to mention all expansions they got) and so on. Now all those titles where legends in their times, something even till this time got a huge fanbase (thus remasters, classic servers etc)

Now keep in mind timeframe the games were released, fe. when WoW was first timer, there was nothing, literally nothing that would even remotly compete with this game, thesame goes for other titles, up in their times they were just a level higher then then other games in thesame genre. Everything in those games and their respective expansions were about content, gameplay, consuming your time in hours that seemed like minutes.

And now look at what we got recently from Blizzard, where is that spark, that WOW holy s**t i need to play this game that is something new and refreshing? Expansion after expansion since WOTLK its been thesame for WoW, some raids, some dungeons, rarely a new class and very rarly some really new content that wasnt there before (Legion had great concept but after all it ended like MMO Hack and Slash farm fest). Now stuff that gets promoted in next expansion isnt a new content, new gameplay, its new cosmetics, new aminations, LETS CHECK THAT /flirt /silly ON NEW ZAN ALLIED RACE! (dont get me wrong its cool if someone like it, but its not something that should be focus of expansion for gods love...)

As for their other recent releases HotS is just a copy paste of any other MOBA, any new patch are just a new hero and some new skins, just boring stuff.

Heartstone is just money mine that was poured with expansions as soon as they can.
    Starcraft 2 was huge fail and still after so many years since release its ages away from Starcraft Broodwar.
    Diablo 3? i think i dont need to write too much about it, we all know the disappointment especially with vanilla, deservly its now a dead game.

Only somehow good new title that comes to mind is Overwatch, i personally dont play shooter but i can see how hypedd this game is so i hope they wont fuck up their last saviour.

TLDR
    The games that Blizzard releases in recent years are far away from the standard epic and great games they used to deliver. Lack of talented people? Too much pressure from shareholders? Developers burnt out? No idea
    Last edited by CSINada; 2018-02-12 at 04:38 PM.

TL;DR: Someone is disillusioned, attempts to project it onto something else.

You're alone in that opinion.

/thread

If you think those things you simply haven't played legion. All of the criticisms of the past have been fixed in legion and the community has been heavily strengthened by that fact. Sure, there are new problems, but at least for more that world of warcrack feeling is back with this expansion for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

/thread
    On this forum full of people that do nothing but praise Blizzard even for their mistakes, I'm sure he actually is alone. you guys are delusional, it's sad, i hope you all get better eventually.

Blizzard is still is a great studio. They just take more risks now and that is a good thing. Gives you new things. But it also means you will have some fails. Just how it works. Also your tastes might have changed or those tastes might not have changed with the times. Which is ok. Just accept that you might not like the same things as you have gotten older or the times had changed as you have gotten older and it just isn't for you anymore. I know it doesn't matter much to you, but it is just how it is. I mean I am not a huge fan of Overwatch for example but I can still see it as a smashing success of a game. Just isn't for me. It is ok.

10+ Year Old Account

/thread
    Ever visited in-game WoW? Everyone i talk to, feels the same way that WoW is not as great as it used to be.
    Apperently only on this forum, WoW is still the biggest #1 MMORPG with only happy players.

Sorry but there are so many unhappy players around nowadays, it's rare to still find 1 actually proud to play WoW player.

I do 100% agree on the OP, Blizzard changed. For the worse.
    Back in the days they made games for the players, now they make games for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    TL;DR: Someone is disillusioned, attempts to project it onto something else.
    Not sure why you try to sneak insults in your post by saying disillusioned, but i am barely trying to project anything onto something. That something is called having an opinion my friend.

Starcraft 2 failed not because it is a shitty game (it's not) but because RTS as a genre is kinda dead atm (which is sad).

Hearthstone is one of the most popular TCGs out there right now, and it is an extremely popular game overall. Releasing all these expansions is not unheard of in TCGs... Most release multiple expansions or sets a year.

Diablo 3 started off shit, but when the old lead (Jay Wilson?) left it started turning around, currently it is a great game, but it's dead because Blizzard wants it to be dead, the definitely have something on the horizon for it.

HOTS is "just another moba" but it's honestly grown quite popular since 2.0, not as popular as LoL obviously (but fuck that game) but still quite popular now overall.

WoW and its expansions have always been a matter of opinion, in my opinion Legion has been the best WoW expansion ever, though not in yours and that's fine.

And OW is OW, it's easy to get into and is quite popular, specially with OWL out now.

But more then anything, it's all just a matter of Opinion, one could say "I HATE X GAME, WHAT HAPPENED TO Y COMPANY" to anything.

doubled post, dont know why
    Last edited by CSINada; 2018-02-12 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    On this forum full of people that do nothing but praise Blizzard even for their mistakes, I'm sure he actually is alone. you guys are delusional, it's sad, i hope you all get better eventually.
    You are saying that with your signature?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t feel the same at all, I never thought any of there games other then wow we’re some great fresh things that I had to play and wow still feels that way to me.

stock symbol ATVI, look it up and read analyst/quarterly news/reports, look at stock chart they are doing fine.

COD WWII, Destiny, Candy Crush

many of todays and now softened veteran players can not handle a classic WOW. many are pre-emptively whining for changes. i want my druid to tank, i want my ret OP, i want bottomless mana, spamlance, rejuvs etc. if blizzard concedes...it won't be classic WOW
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-02-12 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted

/thread
    Hes not, i agree with him.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You are saying that with your signature?
    You don’t get it classic was clearly flawless the perfect game, if you don’t think so or are even playing current wow you clearly are a blizzard fan boy who does nothing but praise there horrible anti classic mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Starcraft 2 failed not because it is a shitty game (it's not) but because RTS as a genre is kinda dead atm (which is sad).

Hearthstone is one of the most popular TCGs out there right now, and it is an extremely popular game overall. Releasing all these expansions is not unheard of in TCGs... Most release multiple expansions or sets a year.

Diablo 3 started off shit, but when the old lead (Jay Wilson?) left it started turning around, currently it is a great game, but it's dead because Blizzard wants it to be dead, the definitely have something on the horizon for it.

HOTS is "just another moba" but it's honestly grown quite popular since 2.0, not as popular as LoL obviously (but fuck that game) but still quite popular now overall.

WoW and its expansions have always been a matter of opinion, in my opinion Legion has been the best WoW expansion ever, though not in yours and that's fine.

And OW is OW, it's easy to get into and is quite popular, specially with OWL out now.

But more then anything, it's all just a matter of Opinion, one could say "I HATE X GAME, WHAT HAPPENED TO Y COMPANY" to anything.
    Actually HS is not doing that great compared to 1-2 years ago. The hype is 100% gone. The game has changed ALOT. I don't think for the better (Personal opinion)
    Diablo, starcraft are both more dead then ever.
    WoW is not doing that great aswell. Let's be honest here, wow is inactive as it can be.

HOTS isn't the game blizzard hoped it to be and you rarely hear someone say "lets play HOTS"

And OW, well thats their only success atm. And their #1 prio game. It's easy to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    stock symbol ATVI, look it up and read analyst/quarterly news/reports, look at stock chart they are doing fine.

COD WWII, Destiny, Candy Crush
    The amount they earn a quarter has nothing to do on how they perform.
    The amount of cashshops, lootboxes and you name it have increased so much over the quarters. No wonder their earnings are higher then ever. They want more $$ a quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is not doing that great aswell. Let's be honest here, wow is inactive as it can be.
    You keep saying that but I sure as hell ain't seeing it, I've got so many people coming back lately, the server is bustling and our raid team is almost too big from people coming back.

End of expansions are always a bit more relaxing and slow, but this drought is rather short.

The amount of cashshops, lootboxes and you name it have increased so much over the quarters. No wonder their earnings are higher then ever. They want more $$ a quarter.
    Imagine that, a business wanting to make money, who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    snip
    They're Blizzard Entertainment, not CSINada Entertainment. They're going to do things you like and don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

Well i never said those games were bad, as in terrible dont ever touch them. It is just that if you take in to account their origins (talking about Starcraft and Diablo) those are barely comparable, Starcraft 2 popularity is just a shadow of Broodwar and sure you are right, the RTS genre is kinda slowly dying but at the time of the release it was still doing good, yet the reception of the game was... well far from what people (at least those who i played with) expected. Diablo 3 you are right as well, after new game lead designer with release of RoS Diablo 3 got much better, but on other hand, its again just a good game, its not impressive by any means and even more there are titles in genre that are just much more popular like PoE.

Most of things you wrote are correct in my opinion but they still prove the point, those games arent the top notch you would expect from Blizzard, they are well just good games.

disagree. earnings is a metric used for past and future performance. it's business, do you think they would be where they are today staying a 54 cent stock?