Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Overreaction, I would say, both reaction to the scene and the apology itself. Humor might not be liked by everyone, humor might be crude and stupid, but still... Please, most people would not blink, do not be the special snowflake and QQ around... And kids are smart enough to understand right from wrong, mostly.

People struggle MIGHTILY with the concept that complaining about a movie is perfectly legal and especially that it's not ''stupid'' because you don't care about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The Simpsons isn't aimed at little kids anymore, nor does it feature a real human in that situation.

My cousin's kid went and saw it. He's 4 and has severe food allergies. He was in tears over that scene because he recognised the symptoms and was scared that the man was going to die and no one was helping him. They ended up walking out during that scene because he was so upset.
    Both are rated PG

Your cousin took a 4 year old to see a PG film... Perhaps stick to U

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And also, maybe take a 4 year old to a g movie, not pg.
    It's Beatrix freaking Potter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I can assure you that if I told my mother or my dad about Battlefront II loot crates, they would look at me for a long time and ask ''but why you just don't play to the game then or buy another one ?''
    And people demanding an apology for that are equally stupid

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know who that is, but if you're gonna ignore the ratings then that's on the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    People struggle MIGHTILY with the concept that complaining about a movie is perfectly legal and especially that it's not ''stupid'' because you don't care about it.
    They struggle even more with the idea that what they deem offensive doesn't automatically qualify for an apology or even acknowledgement from the rest of the world.

Who gives a shit. People want to cry about every damn thing now. Eventually we won't have horror movies because dumbass groups will come forward saying that aliens bursting out of peoples chests is insensitive to people who claim to have been abducted by aliens. Everyone wants so badly to be triggered and offended now days. People so badly want this bubble boy world where everyone is safe from being offended or seeing something happen that somehow relates to or makes fun of a condition they have. It's self inflicted "oppression" and it's the most ridiculous and laughable thing to probably ever happen to the human race. We got millions of people around the world enslaved and working in sweat shops and being massacred for their religion or ethnicity and people have the nerve to claim oppression over a CGI rabbit being hit with a blueberry. WWIII can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by ChampionChains; 2018-02-12 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    It's also a freaking PG film. Parent better

10+ Year Old Account
    People do indeed find any opportunity to self victimize themselves, don't they?

Grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I would agree, however, kids movies that have people being shot and killed with guns are usually rated higher. This is a PG movie, which is clearly aimed at much younger children (kindergarten age). Because of that, I don’t think it was an appropriate scene, just because children that age aren’t really mature enough to understand how serious the issue actually is. They go to school with kids who have food allergies, so you want them to understand how dangerous food allergies can be.
    PG isn't really aimed for people under 5, as the rating is given to films with minor violence, threats of imminent death, some strong language

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and most Disney movies are also PG.
    And I have seen worst in said movies than this

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and most Disney movies are also PG.
    Yes, but those generally have even heavier themes in them than bullying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that both The Simpsons and Peter Rabbit are rated PG, nor that more kids will watch The Simpsons than this. Even in the 90s The Simpsons was viewed as a cartoon for children and adults
    Not really. The Simpsons were never meant as a cartoon for children. In fact most episodes air past 8, simply because it's not suitable for young children.

Peter Rabbit never took that stance - and frankly, that's a little ridiculous to even compare these two or try to make it sound as if they were the same. They're not.

Regardless, my opinion is the same. It shouldn't have been done, but now that it's out, I appreciate the fact that Sony apologized. Giving visibility to allergies on a serious note, versus what was represented in the movie, may spark discussions between parents and children about allergies.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Not really. The Simpsons were never meant as a cartoon for children. In fact most episodes air past 8, simply because it's not suitable for young children.

Peter Rabbit never took that stance - and frankly, that's a little ridiculous to even compare these two or try to make it sound as if they were the same. They're not.

Regardless, my opinion is the same. It shouldn't have been done, but now that it's out, I appreciate the fact that Sony apologized. Giving visibility to allergies on a serious note, versus what was represented in the movie, may spark discussions between parents and children about allergies.
    The Simpsons airs in the UK at anytime so that's wrong. If this was a U I would agree but it isn't it's rated a PG.

Holy shit batman, what's next? Are people going to get offended by Porky Pig because he studders? Eeyore because he has major depression? Winnie the Poo because he has Downs Syndrome?

As I said, the tough guys of this forum should really make one of their idiotic hashtags and boycott this movie they surely would have seen.

Deleted
    Frozen is PG and I would definitely argue it was a film targeted at children who are age 5. It’s not really about the scene having minor voilence, rather the overall message that’s being sent.
    Some PG are less risky than others but ultimately it's still clear that it may have scenes not for sensitive children. It's pretty open about that warning

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, it’s not the minor violence of the scene that I question. It’s the message that’s being sent.
    Pg is parental guidance. Guide your kids not to do it. And also, disney has stuff like racism and dead parents and stuff. That's even worse

Deleted
    Again, it’s not the minor violence of the scene that I question. It’s the message that’s being sent.
    The message in some Disney scenes are definitely more questioning

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it was Rabbits wearing Clothes throwing food kind of tipped me off to it being Fictional.

Thus as with most things people get offended about within Fiction, I will just say to them, Grow up you daft fucks.