Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Scarlet Crusade was made up of Paladins and Priests who murdered and tortured their way across Lordaeron and into Northrend. While serving a Nathrezim.

Arthas tore through Stratholme and slaughtered countless innocents in his zeal to get the few who were undead or infected with plague-grain.

The Blood Knights captured a Naaru and stole it's power while lightly torturing it for a couple of years.

"Vicious" doesn't really mean anything for WoW Paladins. Paladins are not by nature "Lawful Good" and don't lose their abilities if they stray from that alignment.
    All three are deviations from the norm. The Scarlet Crusade were controlled by a being notorious for mind control and manipulation. Arthas ceased to be a paladin shortly after Stratholme. The Blood Knights repented and made amends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Zandalari arent savages at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Scarlet crusaders? How do they fit in?
    What defines paladins is the "lawful" affix in my opinion. I see them as be lawful evil (scarlet crusade) or lawful good (silver hand) and everything in between (other races).
    That's a good take. The Crusade were misguided, in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    All three are deviations from the norm. The Scarlet Crusade were controlled by a being notorious for mind control and manipulation. Arthas ceased to be a paladin shortly after Stratholme. The Blood Knights repented and made amends.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good take. The Crusade were misguided, in any event.
    There's definitely a darker side to the Light. More than light I'd say paladins are knights of faith. A militaristic order that's pushing their faith with zeal and selfrighteousness. That can be for good or evil. It's not something all races can have. It requires a militaristic order and a strong priesthood caste. Things the zandalari have by the tons.

The Zandalari worship animal loas. So far as we know there is no light loa or God represented. A few abilities on npcs doesn't qualify trolls to be paladins imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    The Zandalari worship animal loas. So far as we know there is no light loa or God represented. A few abilities on npcs doesn't qualify trolls to be paladins imo.
    Loa can be anothing. They're not restricted to animal spirits. Many loa are unknown. They can range from a wisp to a Nauru. Who knows?

Loas can grant holy powers (like Shadra or Rezan) , Shadow powers (like Bwonsamdi), Nature powers (Gonk) or even Arcane powers (Zanza the restless).

Loas are much more versatile than night elven ancients, which appear to be very limited then it comes to scope of power.

Celestials which are also in the same family are also giving holy/ light powers this is why pandaren have priest class.

If anything it shows how people have limited knowledge regarding Loas.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

We should petition Blizzard to allow Zandalari paladins at the cost of removing warlock as an option.

Then, we can promptly move this discussion to a new thread, "No Zandalari Warlocks?".

Quote Originally Posted by Morreh View Post
    We should petition Blizzard to allow Zandalari paladins at the cost of removing warlock as an option.

Then, we can promptly move this discussion to a new thread, "No Zandalari Warlocks?".
    Zandalari warlocks doesn't make much sense but even less do rogues and to be honest I don't understand druids at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok, first, not all loas are animals, and zandalari don't worship only animal loas.

second, they don't need to have a light loa, or god loas, they just need to believe they are, or not even this, if they have enough faith in their animalloas, they can wield and use the light

And, a few abilities of npcs can qualify a class to a race

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll

Zandy trolls don't come off to me as crusaders and defenders of light. Hell just look at them, they look like they want to roast you over a fire and eat you, or sacrifice you to one of their animal loas.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    RPG's may not have Christianity as such, but paladins are generally positioned similarly in morality (eg. D&D's restriction to Lawful Good). Blood Elf paladins really come from the same background as humans and dwarves; their stint as Blood Knights was a plot element and they have since moved back to their old Light-based ways. (Which I find sad, I liked having unique spells.) Draenei are the same as humans, only more so.

Sunwalkers... now they're an outlier. They're different. But they may be even better suited to being paladins than humans or dwarves, seeing that they are more friendly and peaceful. They are also fundamentally benevolent. They should have gotten their own spells, like Blood Elves used to, but Blizzard was already in the pruning phase by then.

I see the Zandalari as too vicious to be Paladins. Again, Blizzard will obviously not define a different class for them. I personally would settle for different spells (even if they do the same).
    i reply myself
    turalyon become super saiyan paladin edition exactly when he convinced himself that orcs are foreigner immigrant (a bit of hyperbole) so they can be freely slaughtered with the light. and he enjoyed to torture in horrible ways a guldan's dk.
    paladins in warcraft were never "benevolent". they are zealot from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Loas can grant holy powers (like Shadra or Rezan) , Shadow powers (like Bwonsamdi), Nature powers (Gonk) or even Arcane powers (Zanza the restless).

Loas are much more versatile than night elven ancients, which appear to be very limited then it comes to scope of power.

Celestials which are also in the same family are also giving holy/ light powers this is why pandaren have priest class.

If anything it shows how people have limited knowledge regarding Loas.
    Shadra is a spider loa, and Rezan is a trex loa lol

Zandy trolls don't come off to me as crusaders and defenders of light. Hell just look at them, they look like they want to roast you over a fire and eat you, or sacrifice you to one of their animal loas.
    Because they're not crusaders, and never will be. They're their own order that has their own tasks and their own priorities.
    They don't believe in light, they believe in Loa.

Light users don't have to be noble goodie-two shoes and Warcraft lore gave a plenty of support for that.

Is seems that some people are too stuck with that medival knight fantasy that they don't see that other faiths and other orders can work exactly the same.

in europe we had knights that had etos and such
    in japan they had samurais that were following bushido codex.

Same thing, different setting.

And the exact same issue is with Zandalari, they're holy warriors, that are there to protect their God Emperor, high priests and the Empire. They don't give a flying toss over "innocents of this world" nor they care about human values. They have their own.
    They only set campaign when it's benefiting their empire or their own cause.

This is what makes them unique and makes them stand out on their own right.
    Not everything has to be copy of other stuff.

Shadra is a spider loa, and Rezan is a trex loa lol
    yes, and?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Xe’ra alone proves the light is not a good as you think it is
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account

Zandy trolls don't come off to me as crusaders and defenders of light. .
    >implying paladins are just crusaders and defenders of the light

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    If you knew anything about the lore, you'd know that undead holy priests aren't a thing. It is just a gameplay artefact... or would you have liked Blizz to have restricted Forsaken priests to only the Shadow spec?
    Leonid Barthalomew and Sir Zeliek would like to say hello...

Undead Paladins...

There are even some Nelf Paladins...they don't look at the Light the way Humans do but they're around.

How more obvious is it that than with Sun Cows that Paladins aren't just about the Humans interpretation of the Light? Blood Knights got their power originally from siphoning a Naaru for fucks sake.

Tauren made sense because of Sunwalkers. Their class was so similar to paladin's they baked in. There were also Tauren priestesses, if you look in the world of Warcraft art book of 2005. I don't see Paladin abilities coming from a spider loa or a Trex Loa. I'm trying to find justification for Zandy troll paladin's and I just don't see it.

Tauren made sense because of Sunwalkers. Their class was so similar to paladin's they baked in. There were also Tauren priestesses, if you look in the world of Warcraft art book of 2005. I don't see Paladin abilities coming from a spider loa or a Trex Loa. I'm trying to find justification for Zandy troll paladin's and I just don't see it.
    Try reading up about them before casting a judgement?

5+ Year Old Account
    I've said it, before, I'll say it again:

Paladins have existed within WoW Lore for thousands upon thousands of years before the Silver Hand came along. The Draenei had Vindicators over 25,000 years ago on Argus. The "Noble Paladin riding a Horse in Plate Armor" is entirely a human/elf/dwarf thing.

Ages ago, they used massive Crystalline weapons. Their armor bore giant pink crystals. So all Paladins must wear pink!

See? The logic doesn't take.

So instead we must confront the fact that different cultures have their own way to express the same spells and martial talents. Meaning that any racial interpretation presented by the Developers, including Freethinkers and Prelates, is 100% VALID.

Regardless of what some Western Fantasy based on the Crusades implies.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

It's not a rocket science, Loas are divine creatures that can grant various powers. Shadra is one of the greatests Loas as 3 tribes were deffinietly honoring her, the Gurubashi, Amani and the Zandalari.

Shadra is granting her high priests both shadow AND Holy powers.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69132/hig...arli#abilities

The playable paladin class is not using "light magic" but "holy" school of magic. Holy can be every divine entity.

and I really don't see any issue with spider Loa or T-Rex Loa, it's the powers that they grant that matters.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account

because of sunwalker ok, their own order, fine, but trolls do have their own orders, prelates and freethinkers, just like then

There are also zandalari priests

Paladin abilities don't com from a spider, and they don't come from elune or from the sun, or any shit like that, blizzard already said that you only need faith and willpower to use the light, no matter in what, don't even need to be true (like there is no canon source of lore saying anshee exist in fact)

they show to have at least 2 orders of plate users , zealots, who fit in the warrior priest class like paladins, so there are justifications, and they make more sense than blood elf ones.