Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    From the Wowhead pacge for Ashbringer

"On February 24th, 2006, Eyonix stated on the official forums that "It's true that currently Ashbringer is not in the game, although one day in the future it will be, but not until after there is an awesome legendary item for casters. " -- a now obvious reference to Atiesh."

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/7258408.htm

It was on the old forums, so this is the closest I can get for you.
    And it was made available, in legion.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Corrup...onastery_Event

' Fairbanks informs the player of the events surrounding the history of the Ashbringer, as well as where to find Mograine's other son, who has the ability to forge the blade anew.'

it is believed that you could follow up and find mograine in outland and get the ashbringer although noone ever found out how. Everything else will remain as just a mystery never solved and I don't think anyone of the devs back then will go to an extend and explain if there was ever the possibility to get it in game.

Why data mine it ? we already played through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    ashbringer was in game

corrupted could be obtained... after the scarlet monastery rp event it just stopped. the follow up quest was never found or never popped up

due to alot of emoing from casters that there where 2 mellee leggo's and no casters they prob thought f it and went for athies wich in terms was bs having a legendary that was usefull for like 2months wich special future was a freaking portal to kara for tbc

for those that have never seen it

The existence or corrupted ashbringer isn't what being debated here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    And it was made available, in legion.
    Guy was asking for a link to prove it was never made available in game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Thottbot was a thing
    Gosh, Thottbot. I used to read it through Lynx when all browsers got disabled at work. Would not work with today's fancy websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I remember that blue post, but they did not say that it was quests that were never found.

This was shortly after the Cata revamp - It may have been during a Q&A, not positive, but they were responding to people finding ruins under the ocean waaaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere. They specifically mentioned there were 'secrets' of the old world that had not been discovered, but they never alluded as to what exactly was missed.

I do not believe they were talking about quests, but since they never specified, we will likely never know.
    I also remember it, but from before the Cata revamp (along with an absurdly long thread right here on MMO-C) -- people spent a couple months searching for them before they finally ran out of time. The most plausible avenue (to my mind) was that there might be more ghost-quest-givers hidden somewhere, or that they would be available by using one of the other alternative sight methods (e.g. Sapta Sight allowing one to see the Minor Manifestation of Air in Thousand Needles ).

The main contention remains as it was then -- just because it was data-mined doesn't mean someone figured out how to access it. There are several dozen quests that are data-mined and assumed inactive because no one has ever done them. Whether Placeholder, Test, or Cut Content, just because it's in the files doesn't mean it got used. However, because of that, I can easily see a couple that were actually active but never found having slipped through the cracks. The above example is prime for this -- it was a data-mined creature on multiple sites with no known location, because the data-mining doesn't provide that part, and no one bothered to report it, because why would they, it looks like an innocuous extra elemental at most? Except when you find out that with another item, or rep, or whatever, you can suddenly speak to them.

See also, stupid things like the CLUCK! quest -- remember that any NPC in the game might be able to respond with a quest (or spawn in, or change factions, or any number of other things) if you spam the right emote at it long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0k3d02xgg420 View Post
    There’s a few things I want to say/ask about classic data mining. First I wanna say, PLEASE DONT ALLOW IT!!!! Now that that is said I can’t help but wonder if we just never found the true ashbringer, or if it was really not in the game. I wonder if wowhead or someone will end up data mining the uncurrupted ashbringer. There were a couple other mysteries, but that was the biggest one and I bet you these days would be found out in a day.

Thoughts???
    You’re not going to be the one to get it, believe me.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

[QUOTE=Fleugen;48874793]I have checked my facts.

Uncorrupted Ashbringer was not obtainable by any player. It was a GM-only item. In Vanilla, only Corrupted Ashbringer was obtainable. It was speculated that you could somehow uncorrupt it. The people who speculated it were wrong. There was never a way to uncorrupt Ashbringer in Vanilla. (Which is not to say they didn't think about it - But it was never implemented in game.)

Then my bad, thought you meant corrupted not UN corrupted

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    Then my bad, thought you meant corrupted not UN corrupted

I literally said it wasn't. Go read what you quoted me saying. Ashbringer wasn't usable till Legion, corrupted Ashbringer was in vanilla. Is that easier to read for you?
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2018-02-13 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I literally said it wasn't. Go read what you quoted me saying. Ashbringer wasn't usable till Legion, corrupted Ashbringer was in vanilla. Is that easier to read for you?
    I'm sorry you're a still a virgin. No need to feel so frustrated about it, so what you're an incel with a small pecker, we all have our cross to bear.

You guys dont understand what he said or lack knoledge about it. Back in vanilla there was a lot of mistery around this and people were trying to get ashbringer in wow. There were many hints ingame (the corrupted ashbringer artifact appareance questline references all those hints). The item wasnt obtainable, mostly because i think we would have datamined the related quests and we didnt. The OP has nostalgia for that secret and thinks that it might have been ingame and we just didnt find it and thats why he ask for no datamining, wich is and absurd request, as we already have whole classic wow datamined.
    Ashbringer was ingame, you could even link the item and see how it looked in your character with ctrl-clic. It just didnt drop anywhere and there where no quest rewarding it. There were several items like this, like another version of illidan warglaives with an use effect that fused both glaives into one weapon (linkable in game even after the legendary ones where introduced in BT). Frostmourne was also ingame, you could link and ctrl-clic it.
    As far as i know, a GM could award those items to you, but they never did. If you dont believe me, research about Martin Thunder, an artifact item with an on use effect wich killed everything on a radius wich was given to a player by a GM by mistake and was abused until the player was banned.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Thunder
    https://www.engadget.com/2009/04/29/...-shots-ulduar/

- - - Updated - - -

Frostmourne still ingame, but changed to gray quality, was artifact. Just checked XD. Ashbringer was like this for several expansions, theoretically a gm could give it to you or there could be some hidden way to obtain it, thats what fueled all that ashbringer mistery.
    Last edited by exdeath202; 2018-02-13 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    its not actually bullshit, there was a blue post on the US forums that seems to have been taken down since then, which explained that there were quests during vanilla that noone ever found. Ever.

It wouldn't go into detail as to what that is or not, and we don't know if it was a PR stunt or not, but its solid.
    There is a certain phenomenon where a big number of people genuinely believe that something specific or downright famous was said many years ago, but it was never actually said. For example, in Sweden there is this old famous sports commentator who allegedly coined the line "it looks dark on Cameroon's bench" during a soccer-game where Cameroon was losing, by which he obviously meant that the players looked sad or down since they were losing but chose bad words for his phrase without realizing his mistake. It was widely accepted as fact that this line had been said at some time, probably during the 1990 or 1994 World Cup, even the commentator himself specifically described the alleged situation in detail. However, in 2015 some guy got sceptical about it since he wanted to look this thing up for himself but could never find it. It became what is by now a 3 year long hunt for the legendary quote, where several people have looked through archives of every single soccergame aired on Swedish television where either the commentator or Cameroon featured, or just one of them, or even games where none of them were featured. The line has yet to be found and is now considered a myth that was spread around by people until it became widely believed to be truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sm0k3d02xgg420 View Post
    Ok none of you played back them apparently or understand what I’m saying. People looked and looked and there was hints and all kinds of stuff that lead people to believe they could uncourupt there ashbringer. Anyone who actually played back then will understand this post. I’m just curious to see what happens with it in classic. What if they data mine and find that it actually is in the game and players just never figured it out.

And yes you can technically data mine classic now. But it’s not the same. You won’t be data mining blizzards official version of classic.
    A few people looked the rest of us laughed at them. And no it was never in the game blizz admitted it and once mining got going people looked and there was only a gm only item for ashbringer.

Blizzard official version of classic is the the one that was out year and years ago and was mined back then. We had mining by the end of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    There is a certain phenomenon where a big number of people genuinely believe that something specific or downright famous was said many years ago, but it was never actually said. For example, in Sweden there is this old famous sports commentator who allegedly coined the line "it looks dark on Cameroon's bench" during a soccer-game where Cameroon was losing, by which he obviously meant that the players looked sad or down since they were losing but chose bad words for his phrase without realizing his mistake. It was widely accepted as fact that this line had been said at some time, probably during the 1990 or 1994 World Cup, even the commentator himself specifically described the alleged situation in detail. However, in 2015 some guy got sceptical about it since he wanted to look this thing up for himself but could never find it. It became what is by now a 3 year long hunt for the legendary quote, where several people have looked through archives of every single soccergame aired on Swedish television where either the commentator or Cameroon featured, or just one of them, or even games where none of them were featured. The line has yet to be found and is now considered a myth that was spread around by people until it became widely believed to be truth.

I think you got issues dude, what that has to do with wow is beyond explanation.

Here is an old mmo-c post containing the url for the official forums which has expired (anyone with knowledge of how to map the old forum id's to the new ones can get us that info) and contains the blue post and the whole speculation of what happened after that GM post.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-for-Cataclysm

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Corrup...onastery_Event

' Fairbanks informs the player of the events surrounding the history of the Ashbringer, as well as where to find Mograine's other son, who has the ability to forge the blade anew.'

it is believed that you could follow up and find mograine in outland and get the ashbringer although noone ever found out how. Everything else will remain as just a mystery never solved and I don't think anyone of the devs back then will go to an extend and explain if there was ever the possibility to get it in game.
    Sounds like it was put in place when they were planning to have Outland be a lvl 60 zone, before they decided to make it a whole world in TBC.

I think you got issues dude, what that has to do with wow is beyond explanation.

Here is an old mmo-c post containing the url for the official forums which has expired (anyone with knowledge of how to map the old forum id's to the new ones can get us that info) and contains the blue post and the whole speculation of what happened after that GM post.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-for-Cataclysm
    That was the series I remembered, though I don't think it contained a Blue Post. I'm fairly certain it contained anecdotal information from people having asked GMs, which isn't quite the same thing. Possibly also BlizzCon Q&A. That said, you can try to find an official post via https://blue.mmo-champion.com/ -- you know it must be before Oct. 26, 2010 (which was just before the forum shutdown/switchover for Cataclysm) so you can narrow it down pretty well. https://blue.mmo-champion.com/forum/...cussion/?st=80 might be a better starting point, as I'd expect it was on the General Discussion page (other forums got very little Blue traffic).

Deleted
    That title sure made me click...

There were some legendary items and artifacts in the game files not available to players. And no these are no "gm items" they were just created and put in the game for later use. Just because some random gm spawns the weapon and wields it doesn't make it a "gm weapon" because no gm would ever need a weapon. The twin blades of azzinoth were in the game as artifacts as well and got redesigned as legendary in tbc. Some interesting items were the Glaive of the Defender and the Shard of the Defiler. People always assumed these were made on private servers and uploaded into the database which is not true since these items were also translated in different client languages and later appeared in the wow armory

5+ Year Old Account
    yes, ashbringer was in the game... legend (nat pagle) says you could fish it up somewhere in azeroth.. better start fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    There were something like 5-8 vanilla quests which players never found or completed according to their data. These quests were then removed in Cataclysm thus never done.
    That is impossible for a simple reason.
    Each quest in WoW has its numeric ID, and addons can request the quest data for it. So all quests that physically exist were obtained by querying the 0..30000 or whatever range, and data were accumulated and put into database. There is no possibility some human-readable quest was missed.