Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nightborne: Completely new model with a unique idle stance.
    Slightly modified Night Elf model. Doesn't look like NPC Nightborne at all. Uses all Night Elf animations, but is missing a few like the spin jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    I don't understand all the Zandalari hype, frankly.
    Ok, they're not hunched (although only the males were), they have a Night Elf skeleton and recycled animations borrowed from other existing races. They're still Trolls though, so they look pretty bad in most amor models. Boots don't cover their huge ugly feet, and most helms look terrible on them. At the end of the day their most significant difference from the main race is their posture.
    I'm sure my opinion will not be popular since here most of you think they are the second coming of Jesus, but they still look pretty meh to me.
    Because their models are awesome and they don’t hunch over like geriatrics. Don’t be angry with us cause you have shit taste in aesthetics, you sloppy ginger embarrassment.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and shit up my thread with unrelated tribalism, thanks.
    lmao shut up. what about anything ren-dorei said was inaccurate?

get over yourself. void elves are the most popular alliance race by far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    At least the alliance got work put into their models. The highmountain tauren and especially the nightborne are completely unfinished and barely have any customization options.
    also this. nightborne are an absolute mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    why? because is what alliance players keep asking for

and they still asking for high elves, who is not even a recolor

but call horde bias yep

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post

The Nightborne/Night Elf model and Goblin/Vulpera models side by side.
    The de-bulked the Night Elf model a bit, and changed the ears. With the Vulpera it looks like they shrunk a goblin model by like 5% or something.

Skeletons are the same. Animations are mostly identical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Because their models are awesome and they don’t hunch over like geriatrics. Don’t be angry with us cause you have shit taste in aesthetics, you sloppy ginger embarrassment.
    I'm not angry, just amused at you people getting so overexcited about a recycled night elf model.

Deleted
    I don't understand all the Zandalari hype, frankly.
    Ok, they're not hunched (although only the males were), they have a Night Elf skeleton and recycled animations borrowed from other existing races. They're still Trolls though, so they look pretty bad in most amor models. Boots don't cover their huge ugly feet, and most helms look terrible on them. At the end of the day their most significant difference from the main race is their posture.
    I'm sure my opinion will not be popular since here most of you think they are the second coming of Jesus, but they still look pretty meh to me.
    Different people like different things. What a shocker.

I'm not angry, just amused at you people getting so overexcited about a recycled night elf model.
    You mean animations/skeleton, Zandalari have their own model, as do Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    You mean animations/skeleton, Zandalari have their own model, as do Nightborne.
    Saying it over and over again doesnt make it true. Nightborne do not have their own model. Only Male Zanda do.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-One-Skeleton
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Saying it over and over again doesnt make it true. Nightborne do not have their own model. Only Male Zanda do.
    Yes they do. There are literally complaining about them due to their animations and emotes imported from nelves that don't look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets take a look at the Horde's allied races:

Highmountain Tauren: Same model as Tauren but with new horns. We'll call this a "reskin" race.
    Nightborne: Completely new model with a unique idle stance.
    Zandalari: Completely new model with some unique animations.
    Vulpera(possibly an allied race?): Completely new model with a unique sleep emote and idle stance (ear twitch).

Now lets take a look at the Alliance's allied races:

Void Elves: Same model as Blood Elves with new hair and beards. Reskinned race.
    Lightforged Draenei: Same model as Draenei with new crests, beards and runes.
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Same model as Dwarves with new beards and hair.

Isn't this a little loaded towards Hordeside? I like both sides allied races for what they are, but the novelty of "Blood Elves on Alliance" pales in comparison to the fact that so much detail was poured into the Horde races.

Why?
    vulpera are using goblin skeleton
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So reskinned tauren with antlers and Nightborne elves with terrible faces is somehow a huge sign of Horde favoritism?

Yeah pretty much this.

Nightborne are shrunk down Night Elves. They don't even use the same faces as Nightborne NPCs, they copy pasted the fucking Nelfs. Highmountain honestly could've just passed as adding antler options in the Tauren customization menu. Zandalari are pretty great though, can't argue with that.

Problem isn't really making new models, it's making new animations for all the various classes. That's a ton of work.

Don't forget the fat humans and cheap narrative for Lightforged and the absolute void that is Void Elf content (didn't even appear until half the scenario).

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Slightly modified Night Elf model. Doesn't look like NPC Nightborne at all. Uses all Night Elf animations, but is missing a few like the spin jump.
    This. And if you look, Void elves are slightly thinner than Blood elves, and along with all the unique hairstyles, you can't say the Alliance races took less time to develop than the Horde races. Including the second wave of allied races, with the Horde getting orcs that are already prodominantly present in the game, the Alliance comes out far ahead in unique customization of allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Yet Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race by a wide margin, despite the fact that their model is a 'recycle' (as if that were bad) of the Blood Elves'. They might not have a custom model, but their customization options, the hairstyles in particular, are vastly superior to any other Allied Race's.

My my, Nightborne players must be so satisfied by their miserable 3 skin tone options and their mastodontic eyes that look nothing like the Legion Nightborne NPCs! Hahahaha. The Nightborne model is so ugly that many players thought it was just an alpha placeholder, HILARIOUS!
    I'd play Nightborne a thousand times before I'd play the ass-pull, Blood Elf ripoff that's called "Void Elf". Nothing "vastly superior" about that hot garbage.

On-topic: Yeah, I actually feel for the Alliance on this one. Slightly. I feel like you guys kinda got shafted on both fronts. The Lightforged are a cool concept, but I'm not sure the subtle differences warrant an entirely new Allied Race to showcase them. I feel like it would have been a very awesome quest for regular Draenei players to take part in.

Void Elves? Ugh. I really don't have many words for them. They're clearly an uninspired solution to the Alliance begging for High Elves for years.

I wouldn't say it suggests any favoritism, though. I mean Highmountain are literally equivalent to Lightforged in terms of how different they are from their roots. Nightborne, I feel, got the most attention overall. The idle stance is neat, but hardly worth citing favoritism. I think the Alliance just got exactly what they asked for, nothing more than a Blood Elf rip-off with some weird Void shit going on and a horrible backstory.

I think Dark Irons are going to be bitchin', though. Their racials are already looking sweet. It's definitely going to come down to Zandalari vs. Dark Iron in the end.