Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not sold on Battle for Azeroth

What's really new and exciting?
    Legion gave us class and spec overhauls, new stuff like World Quests, Artifact weapons, Mythic +.

Now it looks like we will just replace our weapon with a necklace.
    Artifact power will now be Azerite
    No new changes to Mythic + and World quests.

We seem to get Warfronts, the "plunder island" thing, and allied races?

Not impressed with the changes coming into the game, it just seems like a big patch. Well, basically filler expansion/Legion 2.0.

Don't buy it then.

People using the argument it seems like a big patch aren't to be taken seriously, honestly. And an expansion potentially being Legion 2.0 isn't that bad, considering it's one of the best expansions WoW has had. Change isn't always a good thing (although there are good changes coming to the new artifact system and itemization)

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Legion gave us class and spec overhauls, new stuff like World Quests, Artifact weapons, Mythic +.

Not impressed with the changes coming into the game, it just seems like a big patch. Well, basically filler expansion/Legion 2.0.
    I'd rather have legion 2.0 than WoD/cata 2.0

well considering its still early enough in alpha, its kinda hard to say whats new or changed, but really having constant class overhauls is in no way a good thing

ok? not sure what your expecting them to do with mythic+ or world quests

yeah? and? new zones? more story? (hopefully) better changes for PvP? New BG/Arena? New raids/dungeons?

not all expansions need to add something else that just makes the commun

ok, see you in BFA

Warfronts, new dungeons/raids, new world zones, dynamic questing (skeptical since no game has ever pulled this off to any significant degree), new storylines, allied races (seeming to be a pretty frequent updating system), changes to classes/specs/talents.
    The artifact becoming a necklace is welcome because it's one of the least impactful elements of your gear. I just hope that they give the necks completely equal secondary stats, and all stats on it. One thing I hate about the 1 special item piece is that it can have your worst stats for a spec.

if you don't want the things you liked about legion to be refined or expanded on in BfA then by all means don't bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zones and soundtrack so far alone made me insta pre-order it. I had a blast in Legion and even with my very pressing schedule I could enjoy it on my own time and experience the story or do any number of things.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

SNIP...

Not impressed with the changes coming into the game,
    So far I'm in a similar boat. Just going to have to wait and see what they do but if it's little more than changing the names of things we had in legion but ends up being so similar it's to legion with a new skin. It's likely I'll pass on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish for a game like Cataclysm, but this looks better than Legion.

As long as they make it less grindy and less of a chore it will be nice. If you didn't play actively in Legion, and didn't keep up with AP/legendaries, you fall behind too much.

I want to be a raidlogger again, do the raid, logout outside and log in after a week if needed, and not fall behind.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account

You know what game I don't like playing? LoL. I find it pretty lame.

So you know what I do? I go over to the LoL website and post on their forums about how lame I find that game to be....

SYKE! I just don't play it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Let's be honest.

Even if they just released a new expansion with the standard new level range, new story, new zones, new dungeons, new raids, new factions, bla bla... the 'base stuff', it would be well worth it.

Of course, the extra stuff if cool, especially when we get stuff like Transmogrify, Mythic+, etc. Yea, the Warfronts and Expeditions sound 'meh' as fuck, but i wouldn't say that's enough to kill my interest in the expansion.

Also, we're like 7 months away, if you don't like it, don't buy it, you're not forced to buying a WoW expansion. It's that simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA sales pitch seems just to be "Get more WoW, now without Legendary BS". So if you aren't hungering for more WoW, BFA does not look like the icebreaker on that attitude.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I don't want changes just for the sake of changes. I want them to make the game better. As it stands now in Legion with WQ, Emissaries, Weekly bonus objectives, M+ dungeons, etc... there's a pretty solid end game in place. I'm okay with expansions just being new zones to explore going forward as long as the systems are highly replayable and enjoyable.

As far as classes go, I only want specific changes. Like make Warriors and Hunters more interesting mechanically. Make Warlocks more fun to play and less clunky, especially Demo. Rogues could use a bit more iteration. But for example... DK, DH, Druid, Paladin... all pretty solid and I don't want changes. They are fun in my view, why would I want them changes?

Remove the legendary system - it's shit.

Other than that... just adding more stuff for no reason other than "oh its a new expansion" makes no sense at all.

Cool blog post. Don't buy it if you can't justify it.

Or were you planning on bringing other people with you to this "not sold on it" party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You know what game I don't like playing? LoL. I find it pretty lame.

So you know what I do? I go over to the LoL website and post on their forums about how lame I find that game to be....

SYKE! I just don't play it.
    nothing wrong with the guy wanting to like it though

Agreed.
    It is the first expansion i havent spammed the pre-order button.
    There is nothing about it that pulls me in

You listed what was new. Warfronts, uncharted isles, and allied races. If these features, alongside the new zones, dungeons, and raids, do not catch your interest, I strongly suggest you not buy it.

I see where you are coming from, but I'd like to wait and see. I have pre ordered the game but if I dont like it after levelling through it I will probably quit wow for good. (About time right?).
    But yeah, for me to come with an opinion about it its like saying I wont watch a movie because I saw a poster of the movie and it didnt look good, if you know where I'm going with this?
    So after I've tried the game out for myself and see where its heading I will figure out if its gonna grab me or not. And theres a ton of other good games to check out anyways + real life :P

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I wish for a game like Cataclysm, but this looks better than Legion.

As long as they make it less grindy and less of a chore it will be nice. If you didn't play actively in Legion, and didn't keep up with AP/legendaries, you fall behind too much.

I want to be a raidlogger again, do the raid, logout outside and log in after a week if needed, and not fall behind.
    Lmao, so they should tailor the game for lonely people like you,instead of people who actually want to play, do group content, and be rewarded for it? Yeah, fuck that lol. You can be a raid logger all you like, I'll just be happy that you're punished for it.