Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I have at least 18 characters I have leveled from level 1 to various levels. The previous system was Junk. Absolute garbage. It had no refinement to it that locked jerks from just hitting need on Everything. Cost valuable upgrades in slots that needed it the most. I cannot tell you the number of times I would see an upgrade drop for a slot that was Well below my level, just to have some jerk need on it for gold or because the satchels of helpful goods taught them the wrong stats to use.

Honestly, this change is for the best. If they couldn't be bothered to flag each item in low level dungeons to allow players to adequately get geared without having to fear ninja looters, this is the best solution for that. Players shouldn't have to fight RNG and their own team mates from taking gear they don't need in a dungeon. IE, a warlock needing a tanking trinket or a hunter taking an intellect neck.
    Old need/greed group abuse aside...

the issue here is how personal loot is the default and cannot be changed when running solo unless you create your own raid group to run around solo in. You can't opt out of personal loot even if you're alone UNLESS you form a raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    ninja looter detected? trying to read between the lines
    Looks like we found one; it's just not the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    TF you even talking about? You cannot and never could ninja loot in WOW. Ninja looting is a term that applied to older mmo's that had mobs (or even dead players) that everyone could loot once they were killed. So a ninja looter is someone who would literally take loot from a mob that you just killed. Looting an item you were totally eligible for in WOW is not ninja looting.
    Don't hide stealing behind terminology.

Sure, a rogue may technically have the right to loot a mail item, but if there's a mail user in the group who needed that item, the rogue is still a worthless c*nt as a person and deserves to be treated as such.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    a surv hunter isn't going to see bows and a bm/marks isn't going to see melee. Personal loot restricts your possible loot drops to what your loot spec is set to use.
    Which in term filters out the melee weapons for the hunter that only wants the ranged transmogs, vice versa for the surv hunter. = less loot table clutter = higher chance getting specific loot.

Just run it twice if you want different loot spec drops.

Again, the only issues arise with lockouts, like heroic 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

I take 100% chance tyvm. (not counting the chance 0 items drop, which was a stupid change between 7.3 and 7.3.5)
    it's not 100%. the loot table also includes straight money/gold instead of receiving loot. At higher levels it also adds those consumables no one cares about because they'll have thousands of them stacked in their bank and bags.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's not 100%. the loot table also includes straight money/gold instead of receiving loot. At higher levels it also adds those consumables no one cares about because they'll have thousands of them stacked in their bank and bags.
    In 7.3.0 it would drop item 100% which made it a good system, now 7.3.5 did change to drop 0 items sometimes, which I agree is stupid. (reported it at least 10x on PTR/Forums)

Still should be higher chance then before for the helm to drop, instead of 8 other items you might not want/need.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellaby View Post
    It seems like this change only effects dungeons. Creating a private group inside raids will still give you the option to change loot rules, as far as I can tell. However, personal loot is locked in when trying this method for dungeons.
    Also locked this way if you try to solo raids without being in group with anyone, which I found out when doing mythic hellfire citadel. There was no option to change loot rules.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

good to know... I couldn't change the loot type when I was trying to RAF with myself last week and it was incredibly frustrating. It only allowed personal loot and no other option in the party.

- - - Updated - - -

warriors still unlock all weapons except wands thus making them an ideal transmof farming class.

irrelevant since if a wand dropped before you couldnt unlocked it just like i said

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    irrelevant since if a wand dropped before you couldnt unlocked it just like i said
    except now the warrior will only get 2h str weapon drops OR 1h str and shield drops if using personal loot depending on their loot spec.

a far cry from every fucking weapon except wands.

Old need/greed group abuse aside...

the issue here is how personal loot is the default and cannot be changed when running solo unless you create your own raid group to run around solo in. You can't opt out of personal loot even if you're alone UNLESS you form a raid group.
    Not a hard thing to work around honestly. Get a friend to invite you and an alt of yours, make it a raid, then the friend leaves and you're set. I am just saying, I see why it was forced into this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Ah.

So they basically went the laziest route possible? Seems correct.
    Pretty much. They didn't want to go back and ensure the loot system was proper for old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Not a hard thing to work around honestly. Get a friend to invite you and an alt of yours, make it a raid, then the friend leaves and you're set. I am just saying, I see why it was forced into this.
    This is like the old requirement to be able to solo a raid... a pointless work around.

If I'm solo I should be able to decide my own loot rules. Why is this such an odd idea? You're saying the method they REMOVED for soloing old raids is a a simple fix, yet they removed it before because it was bassackwards

Did they change it so that all groups now use personal loot by default?

This sounds like a bug though. I imagine they'll fix it - or at least increase loot drop rates proportional to number of players for old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is like the old requirement to be able to solo a raid... a pointless work around.

If I'm solo I should be able to decide my own loot rules. Why is this such an odd idea? You're saying the method they REMOVED for soloing old raids is a a simple fix, yet they removed it before because it was bassackwards
    It was, but its the only way. There really is no choice now. It may suck, but people abused the old system so they had to implement something new. So they took what they already had and implemented it instead of putting in extra work.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It was, but its the only way. There really is no choice now. It may suck, but people abused the old system so they had to implement something new. So they took what they already had and implemented it instead of putting in extra work.
    The old system only got abused in the range of gameplay regarded by teh devs as not mattering (thus why it took half a fucking decade to make any headway on it)

So forgive me if I don't take kindly to your remark of "It sucks but deal with it" since they already put in the fucking extra work to 'fix' something that wasn't broken because something ELSE was getting abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did they change it so that all groups now use personal loot by default?

This sounds like a bug though. I imagine they'll fix it - or at least increase loot drop rates proportional to number of players for old content.
    It was intentional, mentioned in the 7.3.5 patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    Create a private group in LFG and you change the loot options to whatever you want, but it is an annoying and stupid change.
    This does not work in dungeons. Raids yes, 5-mans, no.

Honestly, if they did patch it so this did work, we wouldn't be complaining as much.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So what's less RNG? 1 item or 9 items. (Stratholme Balnazzar)

Left : Enhancement personal loot 1 item (Elemental/Resto would still be 3 items, not 9) ,

Right : All Classes. (Old system) As a shaman 5 items completely unlearnable regardless, cause it's cloth/leather/plate or sword. So 5 useless items with the old system.

I take 100% chance tyvm. (not counting the chance 0 items drop, which was a stupid change between 7.3 and 7.3.5)

7.3.0 had 100% item based on lootspec dropchance on Eastern Kingdoms 5 mans (BRD/Strat/Stockades etc), changed in 7.3.5 to add more RNG
    You dont know how drops work at all.

PL is annoying and I wish it would disappear rather than be reinforced. My guild switched over to PL to try be "more fair" and it just helped me quit WoW for good. Along with other reasons in game

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    You dont know how drops work at all.

PL is annoying and I wish it would disappear rather than be reinforced. My guild switched over to PL to try be "more fair" and it just helped me quit WoW for good. Along with other reasons in game
    We're not talking about raid personal loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another way to slow people down...gotta make those metrics look good!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about raid personal loot.
    Im aware "I wish it would disappear rather than be reinforced"

PL is spreading everywhere even to old raid solo runs

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Im aware "I wish it would disappear rather than be reinforced"

PL is spreading everywhere even to old raid solo runs
    My problem isn't personal loot (the concept works if an item would drop 100% of the time, as was the case in some 5 mans in 7.3.0).

I did tons of Strat/BRD/Stockade runs in 7.3.0, and it was 100% an item based on loot spec. (kalimdor and expansion dungeons were still using Group Loot at the time) I got items like Ironfoe, Dragon's Call, Runeblade in reasonable time because of it.

Now 7.3.5 you might get 0 items from bosses.

It's replacing a bigger loot table vs a chance to get gold, isn't a great tradeoff.

If the game could detect someone was solo, especially for previous expansions, items should drop 100% of the time imo.

I'd prefer personal loot if they remove the chance to get gold. Doing transmog content on multiple classes isn't an issue for me.

(still talking about 5 mans here) Raids are different with their 7 day lockouts.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really is no choice now. It may suck, but people abused the old system
    Dafuq?

Thread is talking about solo content being affected.

You should read the OP again and adjust your comments in future to reflect that.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long