Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

G’huun - New Information [Spoilers]

In Nazmir there is a placeholder scene that is supposed to show G’huun. Exact text of the placeholder scene is: “Hezrel reveals G’huun being an Old God, being experimented upon, and reveals Blood trolls want to destroy Zuldazar in order to free G’huun.”

Immediately after that, Titan Keeper Hezrel comments “Old God G’huun behind destruction of containment structure.”

I know it was speculated that he would not be a full Old God due to some vague descriptions of G’huun, but I don’t see any argument against G’huun being Old God #5.

Well well well well. Is the old god # set in stone anywhere or could we have even more lurking?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one in northern stragnlethron messing with the humans there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't know if this is a solid confirmation just yet - but it's looking like the elusive 5th Old God might be discovered. G'huun was originally a proto-Old God that the Titans might've accidentally created when experimenting upon Old God tissues and essence, but I'm not sure if that will still remain canon or if G'huun was a lesser Old God that the Titans managed to capture in its entirety.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know if this is a solid confirmation just yet - but it's looking like the elusive 5th Old God might be discovered. G'huun was originally a proto-Old God that the Titans might've accidentally created when experimenting upon Old God tissues and essence, but I'm not sure if that will still remain canon or if G'huun was a lesser Old God that the Titans managed to capture in its entirety.
    I admit the idea of a pseudo-Old God born from a Titan-manufactured mistake is pretty interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It cannot be an Old God. Related to them? Sure. Powerful as them? I highly doubt it. There has to be some sort of explanation on why they are referring to him as one. Until more information comes out, there is nothing assured.

Why I believe this? Two reasons. First, G'huun is the result of a failed experiment involving Old Gods, he is not an actual Old God sent by the Void Lords. Second, he will be the first raid boss so fighting an Old God so soon having Queen Azshara later it would be too much difference in power lore-wise. For now there is no "official" 5th Old God.

There are only 4 old gods in chronicles. Legion shadowpreist dagger gives hints of a 5th that was taken out by the others before the titans showed up. G'huun we dont know much about. He could have been brought to Azeroth by the titans. The titans could have artificially created him. Or he could have just been part of one that eventually turned into an old god due to experimentation. So no he isn't confirmed to be anything yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    It cannot be an Old God. Related to them? Sure. Powerful as them? I highly doubt it. There has to be some sort of explanation on why they are referring to him as one. Until more information comes out, there is nothing assured.

Why I believe this? Two reasons. First, G'huun is the result of a failed experiment involving Old Gods, he is not an actual Old God sent by the Void Lords. Second, he will be the first raid boss so fighting an Old God so soon having Queen Azshara later it would be too much difference in power lore-wise. For now there is no "official" 5th Old God.
    Yogg-Saron was before the Lich King, so your logic is a bit faulty there
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post

New statements always trump old ones. So whatever they said it was going to be at Blizzcon is irrelevant for the story they actually put in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    There are only 4 old gods in chronicles. Legion shadowpreist dagger gives hints of a 5th that was taken out by the others before the titans showed up. G'huun we dont know much about. He could have been brought to Azeroth by the titans. The titans could have artificially created him. Or he could have just been part of one that eventually turned into an old god due to experimentation. So no he isn't confirmed to be anything yet.
    I really don’t think Blizzard is going to limit their future story development by what was said in Chronicles unless it’d be a major retcon.

And, most current in-game statements overrule previous ones so if they say it’s an Old God in BFA, it’s an Old God.

Also, they added a new Titan Keeper in Hezrel despite him not being mentioned in Chronicles.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's an Old God created by the Titans to see if they could cure, destroy the old God mutations..So a False Old God if you will.

Doubt this is the 5th Old God, unless the Titans came across it's corpse/remains and resurrected it.

I think it's always cool to have a bunch of evil large monsters and have one of them not be original, but created.(MechaGodzilla) Wonder if he will work with the Old Gods or just be a primal being of chaos with no real intentions but instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Yogg-Saron was before the Lich King, so your logic is a bit faulty there
    Lich King at full power > imprisoned Old God with Keepers helping us
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-02-13 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Azshara on Azerite and N’zoth juice > lab rat Old God that’s been locked up for thousands of years with Loa helping us

See how easy that was?
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-02-13 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Azshara on Azerite and N’zoth juice > lab rat Old God that’s been locked up for thousands of years with Loa helping us
    Totally agree
    See how easy that was?
    Not sure what you mean by that... O.o

7+ Year Old Account
    I totally see this story going as the Pantheon (through the Keepers) experimenting on the dead remains of Y'Shaarj, in turn, creation of G'huun.

It won't necessarily be a true Old God; more than likely some amalgamation of one a dead Old God with other titan-magic related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    In Nazmir there is a placeholder scene that is supposed to show G’huun. Exact text of the placeholder scene is: “Hezrel reveals G’huun being an Old God, being experimented upon, and reveals Blood trolls want to destroy Zuldazar in order to free G’huun.”

Immediately after that, Titan Keeper Hezrel comments “Old God G’huun behind destruction of containment structure.”

I know it was speculated that he would not be a full Old God due to some vague descriptions of G’huun, but I don’t see any argument against G’huun being Old God #5.
    Do you have any evidence this isn't just a simplified moniker for the sake of efficient communication or inaccurate text from an unfinished event?

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Well well well well. Is the old god # set in stone anywhere or could we have even more lurking?
    There's three. Except that then there were four.

Let's be real, Blizzard can always think up some way to change things like that.

Also I think the latest version in Chronicles had the Void Lords shoot the Old Gods across the cosmos looking for baby Titans to corrupt, so presumably the four we know of are just the ones that landed on Azeroth. There's probably nothing stopping them from sending more, or from Old Gods that landed elsewhere coming over to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    There are only 4 old gods in chronicles. Legion shadowpreist dagger gives hints of a 5th that was taken out by the others before the titans showed up.
    According to that lore, it's the last remains of that Old God, isn't it?

I mean, if you believe the dagger. Which maybe we shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's three. Except that then there were four.

Let's be real, Blizzard can always think up some way to change things like that.

Also I think the latest version in Chronicles had the Void Lords shoot the Old Gods across the cosmos looking for baby Titans to corrupt, so presumably the four we know of are just the ones that landed on Azeroth. There's probably nothing stopping them from sending more, or from Old Gods that landed elsewhere coming over to Azeroth.

According to that lore, it's the last remains of that Old God, isn't it?

I mean, if you believe the dagger. Which maybe we shouldn't.
    Technically, Chronicles doesn't state how many Old Gods landed on Azeroth. It just gives us a map of the territories of who ruled it when the Titans came, and names no one else. I tend to treat Chronicles as looser than most people do. Blizzard leaves gaps to fill in later whenever they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Technically, Chronicles doesn't state how many Old Gods landed on Azeroth. It just gives us a map of the territories of who ruled it when the Titans came, and names no one else. I tend to treat Chronicles as looser than most people do. Blizzard leaves gaps to fill in later whenever they feel like it.
    Yeah I couldn't remember if it ever specified a number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Doubt this is the 5th Old God, unless the Titans came across it's corpse/remains and resurrected it.

I think it's always cool to have a bunch of evil large monsters and have one of them not be original, but created.(MechaGodzilla) Wonder if he will work with the Old Gods or just be a primal being of chaos with no real intentions but instinct.

And Azshara with 10k years of drawing power from the Old Gods is likely more powerful than Lich King was, though we don't know for sure
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Based on Xal'atath's descriptions, along side newly revealed beings like G'huun and his servants, it's possible there are many more Old Gods than just the greater four we've encountered thus far. Xal'atath is thought to be a part of an Old God that cannibalized by its peers (presumably the greater four), which leads to the idea that there may have been many of their kind in the days of the Black Empire (or preceding it) and they were in turn devoured to feed the growth of the Old Gods we know today. Perhaps a handful of these proto-Old Gods have managed to hide themselves, or were imprisoned in long-forgotten facilities like G'huun, to be discovered later on.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead