Physiology of Highmountain Tauren

I'm interested in rolling a HM Tauren for RP, but I was wondering; just how similar and different are HM Tauren from Kalimdor tauren?

Obviously I know there were tauren blessed by Cenarius with the Horns of Eche'ro but are they actual antlers that velvet and fall off or are they just horns that function 100% as horns but are just shaped like antlers? If it's the latter I would be pretty disappointed.

Second, how different is their fur from normal tauren? I know their manes seem to extend down their arms, but is it like a tauren's mane or is it like deer fur?

I know these are pretty trivial or dumb questions, but I want 100% immersion for my character.

Also, if anyone is in a similar situation as me or they're just curious about the physiology of allied races compared to their main counterparts, feel free to post that as well. I love simple discussions like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly in pure muscle they might be the same as a regular tauren. The difference might be in how sturdy they are as they live mostly in a mountain range insteald of plain fields. So they might be a bit more adapt to the cold and are more adapt climbers then the regular taurens.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    Honestly in pure muscle they might be the same as a regular tauren. The difference might be in how sturdy they are as they live mostly in a mountain range insteald of plain fields. So they might be a bit more adapt to the cold and are more adapt climbers then the regular taurens.
    They also seem to have greater emphasis and skill in blacksmithing compared to the Mulgore tauren, having an entire tribe specializing in it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm interested in rolling a HM Tauren for RP, but I was wondering; just how similar and different are HM Tauren from Kalimdor tauren?

Obviously I know there were tauren blessed by Cenarius with the Horns of Eche'ro but are they actual antlers that velvet and fall off or are they just horns that function 100% as horns but are just shaped like antlers? If it's the latter I would be pretty disappointed.

Second, how different is their fur from normal tauren? I know their manes seem to extend down their arms, but is it like a tauren's mane or is it like deer fur?

I know these are pretty trivial or dumb questions, but I want 100% immersion for my character.

Also, if anyone is in a similar situation as me or they're just curious about the physiology of allied races compared to their main counterparts, feel free to post that as well. I love simple discussions like this.
    The changes they underwent have never been explained in great detail, but I would assume that the new features they acquired were more in line with what moose have due to the nature of the blessing. So it's antlers and moose fur most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They also seem to have greater emphasis and skill in blacksmithing compared to the Mulgore tauren, having an entire tribe specializing in it.
    and unlike mulgore tauren, they seem to not really have any technological curiosity. mulgore tauren use guns, highmountain tauren see them as dishonorable(yet they use explosives???).

i got the impression they were supposed to be a bit bigger than mulgore tauren, but that isn't relfected in the model in game. i would assume they are slightly stronger.

as for the horns and fur, i don't think blizz ever gives good details like that, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The changes they underwent have never been explained in great detail, but I would assume that the new features they acquired were more in line with what moose have due to the nature of the blessing. So it's antlers and moose fur most likely.
    I actually think that would be better then, because it gives Highmountain tauren more of a separate identity with a lot of unique RP scenarios.

I really like the interpretation of Highmountain Tauren being more moose-like than just having antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and unlike mulgore tauren, they seem to not really have any technological curiosity. mulgore tauren use guns, highmountain tauren see them as dishonorable(yet they use explosives???).

i got the impression they were supposed to be a bit bigger than mulgore tauren, but that isn't relfected in the model in game. i would assume they are slightly stronger.

as for the horns and fur, i don't think blizz ever gives good details like that, sadly.
    Yeah, no elevators or catapults or anything like Mulgore tauren have.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, no elevators or catapults or anything like Mulgore tauren have.
    their bola launchers seem relatively primitive though, and the elevators are literally just the pulley system for both highmountain and mulgore.

yet they completely shun guns, which means they would probably also shun cannons. meaning their siege technology would be out of date and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    their bola launchers seem relatively primitive though, and the elevators are literally just the pulley system for both highmountain and mulgore.

yet they completely shun guns, which means they would probably also shun cannons. meaning their siege technology would be out of date and bad.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Horde_technology

It's from the RPG so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought this part was interesting.

"Tauren do not have much of an inclination toward technology; however, some of their greatest inventions includes the Great Lift in Thousand Needles and the tri-level city of Thunder Bluff. They have the potential to be great inventors, but they don't care for that potential. They want to keep on living the way they've always lived. Science is new to the tauren, many of whom view technology with great curiosity. Once imbued with a basic understanding of scientific principles, tauren engineers understand that the potential applications of technology are limitless. The Great Lift leading to Thunder Bluff is a good example of tauren engineering progress. Tauren tinkers spend a great deal of time building, experimenting and designing, without worrying about failure. Their size and strength allows them to survive catastrophic disasters that would instantly kill a goblin designer. Tauren engineers are unconcerned with the size of their creations. A javelin-throwing contraption might be 10 feet across and weigh 1,000 pounds — all the designer would care about is that he successfully created a working javelin thrower. Few, if any, functional tauren inventions are small and portable. Among the better known tauren devices are the enemy detector, thunderstomper, and various tech-mods designed to improve tauren totems."

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Since it's not really mentioned much I'd say it's all on how you feel like RPing it, but because of that you may run into other RPers that disagree.