Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We know the void lords created the old gods. Perhaps the titans, in an effort to understand how they were made, created one of their own to better understand their true enemy.

Although it is important to note that Chronicles never actually says how many landed on Azeroth, just when Aggramar found the planet, he only saw 4 Old Gods. C'thun, N'zoth, Yogg-saron and Y'shaarj

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Based on Xal'atath's descriptions, along side newly revealed beings like G'huun and his servants, it's possible there are many more Old Gods than just the greater four we've encountered thus far. Xal'atath is thought to be a part of an Old God that cannibalized by its peers (presumably the greater four), which leads to the idea that there may have been many of their kind in the days of the Black Empire (or preceding it) and they were in turn devoured to feed the growth of the Old Gods we know today. Perhaps a handful of these proto-Old Gods have managed to hide themselves, or were imprisoned in long-forgotten facilities like G'huun, to be discovered later on.
    We know there are more old gods out there. We have known since TBC where the Sethekk cult tried to summon one to Draenor but Gul'dan killed them and we put an end to it for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    We know there are more old gods out there. We have known since TBC where the Sethekk cult tried to summon one to Draenor but Gul'dan killed them and we put an end to it for good.
    More Old Gods in the universe at large, most definitely - but I'm referring to more Old Gods being specifically on Azeroth, active and possibly effecting things at the current moment. Old Gods beyond C'Thun, Y'Shaarj, Yogg-Saron, and N'Zoth (and of which G'huun is but one of possibly many).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Lich King at full power > imprisoned Old God with Keepers helping us
    Even if that's the case (which i dont really think it is), cthun is far, far, faaaaaaar more powerful than kelthuzad was in vanilla.

It is Alpha so we can’t be 100% certain (or it is accurate and they change it), but when it says they experimented upon an Old God, that implicitly means G’huun was an Old God before being experimented upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    And Azshara with 10k years of drawing power from the Old Gods is likely more powerful than Lich King was, though we don't know for sure
    Not sure what the point of comparing the Lich King to Azshara is, we're talking about why the Old Gods were fought prior to someone else in the same expansion.

Though tbh, all we know of Azshara... she's not even close to Arthas Lich King's level... Bolvar, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I totally see this story going as the Pantheon (through the Keepers) experimenting on the dead remains of Y'Shaarj, in turn, creation of G'huun.

It won't necessarily be a true Old God; more than likely some amalgamation of one a dead Old God with other titan-magic related stuff.
    Any reason you think Y'shaarj? He was the one plucked from Azeroth, almost destroying the planet when Aman'thul did so.

I think it'd be interesting if he was an amalgam of most of them (except Y'shaarj and N'zoth), especially since some of their corpses are just hanging out in their prisons. But who knows!
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-13 at 04:45 AM.

The name G'huun is so close to C'thun, makes me wonder if the titans sliced a chunk of him off when they were on Azeroth and saw it come to life. Based off that old myth that if you cut a worm in two then both halves will survive as new entities. He looks like a massive worm/grub after all. They could of experimented on it to try and find a new way to kill old gods instead plucking them off Azeroth like they did Y'Shaarj, because that ended so well...

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Even if that's the case (which i dont really think it is), cthun is far, far, faaaaaaar more powerful than kelthuzad was in vanilla.
    Vanilla also doesn't have anything set in stone as canon until later addressed and the events are clearly not in the same order in the canon that they are in the game.

But that said, C'thun's army took on a unified Azeroth, not sure how many went into Naxxramas, but it might not have even happened in the lore since Darian's comic took place.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do you have any evidence this isn't just a simplified moniker for the sake of efficient communication or inaccurate text from an unfinished event?
    The follow up quest where the Titan Keeper mentions G’huun being an Old God definitely is not placeholder.

As a side note: I think there being another Titan Keeper (and that’s his name, “Titan Keeper Her’zel”, definitely not guessing) shows the history presented by the Chronicles isn’t the entirety of the history of Azeroth. They can add new things.

I hope this isn't an old god. If it is, I am not buying another chronicle, if all they will do is make them obsolete in 15 minutes. Can they please keep some consistency for a little while?

Chronicle is great, I love having the lore set in stone but what is the point of them if they will change their minds so quickly?

That whole end section of Nazmir actually has a lot of Old God and Titan related content questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    There are only 4 old gods in chronicles. Legion shadowpreist dagger gives hints of a 5th that was taken out by the others before the titans showed up. G'huun we dont know much about. He could have been brought to Azeroth by the titans. The titans could have artificially created him. Or he could have just been part of one that eventually turned into an old god due to experimentation. So no he isn't confirmed to be anything yet.
    Because Blizzard has never retconned anything as the Warcraft story updates and expands?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    G'huun doesn't look that much like an old god though, it's the huge worm we saw at blizzcon (who's model is in the game now), but still cool nonetheless, gives me hope that N'zoth will get his own expansion after BfA.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:G%27huun_Concept_art.jpg <- This is G'huun

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    G'huun doesn't look that much like an old god though, it's the huge worm we saw at blizzcon (who's model is in the game now), but still cool nonetheless, gives me hope that N'zoth will get his own expansion after BfA.

Well there's not really much uniformity to the Old Gods in terms of their physiology - C'Thun was essentially a giant eye supported by some kind of multi-eyed vertical maw, Yogg-Saron was an agglomeration of mouths with a definite batrachian aspect, Y'Shaarj was a seven-headed giant phantom that appears to resemble a hydra or dragon of somne kind, and N'Zoth (based on his Hearthstone art) is a collection of tentacles tightly wound into a central mass through which baleful eyes seem to manifest. G'huun being a massive slug creature with an immense maw and suppurating pustules seems pretty much right up the Old God alley, so to speak.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It isn't a legitimate old god though, its an old god fabricated by the Titans. Blizzard said that Nazmir was home to where the titans experimented on and created old gods and their minions.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-02-13 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

Well each old god does look quite different from the next...it does have a lot of teeth like all of the old gods

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I guess they made G'huun a thing to avoid making the players think that anything Old God related would be purple and void-ish as it has been up until now.

I quite like it though, the blood troll tribe seems like such a mature theme compared to what we've had the last few expansions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    it wouldn't surprise me that there were old gods that were able to remain hidden, or ones that were simply defeated by the Titans but all knowledge about them was subsequently lost. hell, since we sorta know that we are getting Draenor Orcs as an ally race maybe there is an old god or two on Draenor?

I don’t think G’huun being a giant worm would necessarily exclude him from being an Old God. For that matter, Old Gods are planetary parasites and he looks like a parasitic worm.

Seeing him and Uldir in game I think will solve some questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It isn't a legitimate old gold though, its an old god fabricated by the Titans. Blizzard said that Nazmir was home to where the titans experimented on and created old gods and their minions.
    Quest and cinematic texts > Blizzcon statements.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    G'huun is an old god in almost every way just not officially a Old God because he was an experiment and probably not as strong as the others because of that. I certainly don't think N'Zoth, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj and C'Thun would like G'huun being called an Old God but to outsiders he might as well be one.