Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I’m pretty sure if Blizz calls it an Old God that Titans experimented on, its a true Old God.

That wording implies that it was an Old God before the Titans touched it.
    It's possible they're introducing a bunch of "lesser" old gods, most of which were killed or consumed by the big four. Xal'atath is perhaps another of these.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still remember launch warrior during cata in pvp

fucking nightmare train of being one shot by them
    Cata BM hunters.... who just sent their red pets even behind a pillar to kill you and there was nothing you could do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    So watched both a playthrough of Nazmir and Drustvar thanks to both Crendor and Necrosis...
    And got to say I really enjoyed Nazmir the most of the first zone from the Alpha...
    From watching the video of Nazmir I felt I was there, I felt passion and honor, I felt like I belonged...I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Drustvar on the other hand...
    -insert boring gif here...Also sleeping gif....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's possible they're introducing a bunch of "lesser" old gods, most of which were killed or consumed by the big four. Xal'atath is perhaps another of these.
    Well that could be it...

Main Old Gods can be;
    N'Zoth, Yogg'sarron, C'Thun, and Yhssshhsarrggg.

Lesser ones can be;
    The Shadow Artifact, G'hunn
    For the Horde!

Ya other than Drustvar having lots of creepy details (which was well done), all the quests are exactly the same for hours. Nazmir though is just great on so many levels. Frog Loa for Horde Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think we’ll get more zones unlocked this week. Maybe not even next. These zones are a ton of content. And only 4 more zones to go.

I don’t think we can really do even that until we know what their intention with Azerite gear is. Balance Druids in Legion without their artifact for instance? Not even the same spec.
    i dont understand why ppl keep bringing up the artifacts.

like we never had artifacts before legion , how is removing them from classes suppose to be a nerf?

if artifacts are 20% of your dps then when they remove them they just have to add 20% dmg to you.

unless yall mean " we wont know end game class balance"...

which has always been the case. classes are always a bit weird in 8.0 because the characters are balanced around performance at max lvl for the new expansion.

artifacts have nothing to do with anything
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    i dont understand why ppl keep bringing up the artifacts.

like we never had artifacts before legion , how is removing them from classes suppose to be a nerf?

if artifacts are 20% of your dps then when they remove them they just have to add 20% dmg to you.

unless yall mean " we wont know end game class balance"...

which has always been the case. classes are always a bit weird in 8.0 because the characters are balanced around performance at max lvl for the new expansion.

artifacts have nothing to do with anything
    The golden traits and new ability you get would be *taken away* Also game design in Legion was based around the artifact system. Taking it away changes things...a lot.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Go and check the Class Design forums.

They're up in flames about this direction they're taking.

There is heaps of feedback provided there. But in typical Blizzard fashion they are dead silent. Despite promising they want to "increase dialogue".

There is even a hastag #RevertToMoP being spammed.

I love how you can't provide a counter-point at all. All you can do is attack me personally.

How do you feel about having to choose between Wake of Ashes and Crusade? How do you think Crusade is going to function without it? Care to comment?

- - - Updated - - -

I must say.

It's quite refreshing to see someone who doesn't try to defend them and actually sees it for what it is.
    I also dont understand this mentality.

"there are a bunch of people saying they dont want it so the devs should make it that way."

no? when has that ever been a good idea.

If players give a GOOD reason for why its bad then they should consider not doing it.

If ret is doing twice the dmg as every other dps class (wrath launch), and they decide to nerf it...every ret player is going to tell them not to do it.

but thats objectively wrong.

the Mercy nerf in overwatch is a great example. Literally everyone who wasnt a 1 trick mercy player who hated their whole team agreed that mercy was overpowered, but mercy mains insisted the devs werent listening, even claiming other Supports were getting hindered, despite the fact that mercy being nerfed meant lucio and ana mains could have more time to shine.

Player feed back should NEVER change the devs opinions

GOOD player feedback should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The golden traits and new ability you get would be *taken away* Also game design in Legion was based around the artifact system. Taking it away changes things...a lot.
    yes , the golden traits increase your dmg by X%. so in the patch that takes them away they just give you X % more dps.

a golden trait for ret makes their divine storm shoot a burst of light. if this increases divine storms dmg by 10% , then when the patch goes live divine storm would probably be buffed by 10%.

Artifacts are just an alternative pseudo custoimizable form of regular tuning.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    honestly cant wait for them to release azerite armor so these pointless discussions about buildup of speccs(after like 3 alpha builds) stops ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure if Blizz calls it an Old God that Titans experimented on, its a true Old God.

That wording implies that it was an Old God before the Titans touched it.
    Where are you seeing/hearing them say it like that? I've only seen about them creating an old god accidentally through their experiments. There wouldn't be much for their "accident" and "experiment gone wrong" if it was already a full blown old god by itself before their experiments (beyond probably being a piece of one)
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Ya other than Drustvar having lots of creepy details (which was well done), all the quests are exactly the same for hours.
    That was my impression watching the Drustvar questing. I remember Blizzard said that the Witch stuff was originally a small part of the zone, but they liked it so much that they stretched it over everything. I think they pushed it too far, because there didn't seem to be enough variety. If anything, it made me feel disappointed the Drust were all extinct.

If they were human like I suspect, I'd have appreciated getting insight into a remnant of pre-Arathor humanity. Seeing more Drust relics, ruins, and spirits might have helped a bit. Instead of slowly learning, "Oh, there are Witches here and here's a few tricks as to how you can fight them", I'd have preferred more exploration of who the Drust were and a less one-dimensional portrayal of them as just bad guys they were perfectly justified in genociding to the last man.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Where are you seeing/hearing them say it like that? I've only seen about them creating an old god accidentally through their experiments. There wouldn't be much for their "accident" and "experiment gone wrong" if it was already a full blown old god by itself before their experiments (beyond probably being a piece of one)
    In Nazmir there is a placeholder scene that is supposed to show G’huun. Exact text of the placeholder scene is: “Hezrel reveals G’huun being an Old God, being experimented upon, and reveals Blood trolls want to destroy Zuldazar in order to free G’huun.”

Immediately after that, Titan Keeper Hezrel comments “Old God G’huun behind destruction of containment structure.”

If we take that placeholder text literally (and if they don’t change anything), that wording basically says “G’huun was already an Old God and THEN they experimented upon it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    In Nazmir there is a placeholder scene that is supposed to show G’huun. Exact text of the placeholder scene is: “Hezrel reveals G’huun being an Old God, being experimented upon, and reveals Blood trolls want to destroy Zuldazar in order to free G’huun.”

Immediately after that, Titan Keeper Hezrel comments “Old God G’huun behind destruction of containment structure.”

If we take that placeholder text literally (and if they don’t change anything), that wording basically says “G’huun was already an Old God and THEN they experimented upon it.”
    My understanding though (from what they said at Blizzcon) is that the experimenting was already done, went wrong, and they sealed him up to contain him. I definitely remember something about how the seals containing him after their failed experiments have weakened and there is only one holding him in there these days. It doesn't really make sense for titan experiments to currently be going at present time if he's sealed up in a containment facility, which is after experiments went wrong, which Ion definitely said during the little raid preview at Blizzcon.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    My understanding though (from what they said at Blizzcon) is that the experimenting was already done, went wrong, and they sealed him up to contain him. I definitely remember something about how the seals containing him after their failed experiments have weakened and there is only one holding him in there these days. It doesn't really make sense for titan experiments to currently be going at present time if he's sealed up in a containment facility, which is after experiments went wrong, which Ion definitely said during the little raid preview at Blizzcon.
    I believe that’s accurate but most current statements (in game text) take precedence over old ones so they could’ve just changed the direction they are going.

There are a lot of “it’s Alpha so things can be wrong/change” disclaimers but if we take that cutscene as the intended outcome, that sentence can only be read as G’huun being an Old God first and THEN experimented upon.

G’huun is DEFINITELY an Old God. Not some Titan experiment gone wrong (though that probably didn’t help). Multiple late Nazmir quests describe him as an Old God without qualifiers.
    Hmm, doesn't mean much, questgiver NPCs are unreliable narrators. They might a) simply not be informed enough or b) don't care about the full denomination in the heat of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV4CpltWAAUJzSf.jpg:large

Well ... I hate collisions IG, and this work certainly gives me that!
    Why is it so large for you? It's so tiny on a Worgen that the feet almost touch the ground :/
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Speaking of things they said at Blizzcon not translating to live, I believe they said Drustvar would have “some” witches. It’s ALL witches. Which is why it gets old real fast outside of a couple very good plotlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that’s accurate but most current statements (in game text) take precedence over old ones so they could’ve just changed the direction they are going.

There are a lot of “it’s Alpha so things can be wrong/change” disclaimers but if we take that cutscene as the intended outcome, that sentence can only be read as G’huun being an Old God first and THEN experimented upon.
    True, it is newer info, but it's also weirdly worded so I guess we'll have to wait and see!
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Hmm, doesn't mean much, questgiver NPCs are unreliable narrators. They might a) simply not be informed enough or b) don't care about the full denomination in the heat of the moment.

Why is it so large for you? It's so tiny on a Worgen that the feet almost touch the ground :/
    Well, I think a Titan Keeper is generally reliable.

Other than the vague BlizzCon statements, there’s not really any particular reason to doubt the information given in the quests. Especially considering the vast majority of lore in this game we learn of through character dialogue.

- - - Updated - - -

To me the only way G’huun is now not an Old God is either 1. The cinematic text was written inaccurately. 2. They change the story.

Both I think are possible but for now, I don’t think we have much reason to doubt G’huun is OG#5.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the only way G’huun is now not an Old God is either 1. The cinematic text was written inaccurately. 2. They change the story.

Both I think are possible but for now, I don’t think we have much reason to doubt G’huun is OG#5.
    I'm personally of the opinion that the placeholder text is just vague and wonky =)
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Don't know the quest texts (are they on Wowhead?) but from what was said here, it still doesn't contradict my assumption that G'huun isn't a natural Old God, but grafted from OG/N'raqi parts acquired during the Titan/OG war, or in the aftermath of Y'Shaarj's destruction.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Hezrel also says that corruption is seeping throughout Nazmir, so whatever G’huun is, it’s certainly doing normal Old God stuff while imprisoned.