Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icehacka View Post
    Every time new spell changes are posted, all I see are nerfs. Looks like Vengeance took a self healing and damage output nerf with the notes posted just above...
    I dont care about numbers, those are irrelevant at this point. Im more worried about gameplay isuess. All those changes looks strange on havoc and i wondewr if the rotation wont become even more boring.

It's also worth pointing out that a lot of the "nerfs" are actually just adjusting Weapon Damage abilities to Scale off an appropriate value of Attack Power instead. Looks like they are trying to reduce the overall value of Weapon Damage across all the melee classes.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Every time new spell changes are posted, all I see are nerfs. Looks like Vengeance took a self healing and damage output nerf with the notes posted just above...
    Don't worry about that kind of stuff right now. Just focus on new abilities and changes in how current ones work. It will balance out eventually its early Alpha + the stat squish things are going to change fast and often.

Damage and healing values where nerfed across the board for everyone. Not just DH.

Also numbers mean literally nothing at this point in the alpha. At this point you should be more focused on pushing for mechanical changes, numbers will be tuned in late beta, mechanical changes need to happen in early and mid.

Deleted
    the problem I'm seeing right now is that it won't be interesting to play with demonic unless they increased the damage when in meta

Deleted
    Cartoonz has played den new dungeon as havoc.
    He played with demonic, felbarrage, eyebeam, aura, and the 8sec more chaos strike damage talent.
    It looks really good and better than on live, but I think this is because of the legy helm.
    So I hope Blizzard works the mechanics from the helm in to talent demonic.
    I know but azerite items can bring this changes.
    yeah but with out this mechanic to reduce eyebeam CD demonic feels clunky. And waiting to get the right boni with azerite its the same shit waiting for the legy ring first half year of legion.

For azerite items I wish we get abilitys they are really good but not necessary to play a whole spec like demonic.
    Things for azerite could be, fury refund from chaos strike is not 40 its 50. Or the lesser souls fragments heal us for 25%hp. Or eyebeam als breaks souls from the main enemy.
    Or glaive throw has 2 or 3 charges, or in meta chaos strike has 15 yard range, or in meta all attacks make chaos damage, or in meta our global CD is reduced every to 0,5sec.
    There so much passives they could bring in bfa to make demon hunter feels more dh.
    Faster globals more use of meta not only damage increases from 2 ability and passive haste.
    More things that work with our demon side and with our fantasy of not only damage the body also damage the soul of our enemies.

Sry for my realy bad English

I think we caught your meaning.

But you're right, I think we can expect Azerite items to effectively replace legendary bonuses, set bonuses, and the pivotal artifact traits in how they flesh out or amp up certain talent builds and playstyles. We will see.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to miss Tier sets. I just don't think we need some new gear gimmick like we had in Legion. Getting rid of bonuses removes choice from people and the only choice people will be making is which stat they want to focus on.

I want Bloodlet back and an Azerite bonus for extra bounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    I am going to miss Tier sets. I just don't think we need some new gear gimmick like we had in Legion. Getting rid of bonuses removes choice from people and the only choice people will be making is which stat they want to focus on.
    The azerite bonuses will be different from gear piece to gear piece. So we *will* be making interesting choices with those three slots.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    I want Bloodlet back and an Azerite bonus for extra bounces.
    I love the decision to remove bloodlet. I hate that this talent was the only way to play arena pvp. In pvp the play style with it was so boring.
    Yes against some classes it was cool also in dungeons early it works great but a whole addon as only way in arena for this bloodlet ruined the class in legion for me.

Deleted
    I have massive concerns about pvp for bfa.

Havoc has practically no self healing in pvp which is fine when no other dps can heal but that is not the case, leech doesnt work and orbs are completely uncontrollable. Soul rend is even nerfed in bfa so even if it gave 100% of its value in pvp nothing changes.

Chaos nova becoming a disoriant makes it completely worthless, an aoe gouge on a meele class whos both movement skills deal damage? I know nova stun was strong but in hindsight of rated pvp and the reason aoe stuns are only going to a couple classes i am at a loss to why we lose ours. As a aoe gouge i would actually rather it just became an aoe dmg ability than cc which is pretty strange from a pvper.
    Yes havoc is fantastic pressure on people and does fantastic damage but thats it, havoc is not a desired spec in rbgs at all only venge tanks. Nova remaining a stun in bfa might actually make us a desired spec in bfa.

No bloodlet???? Seriously???? It better be baked in to throw glaive because bloodlet is one of our best damage sources.

I was delighted to see immo aura coming and even more so that it generated fury but i really cannot understand why it was not baseline.

Im unsure on venge atm, i like fracture changes and any change that changes the current meta no pun of venge tanks being mandatory in pvp is fine by me, sometimes i just want to dps but nope, not allowed, only tank. Plus most people don't even understand why venge is popular tank and just assume a dh tank has the same survivability as other tanks ontop of our mobility.

For pve i actually liked demonic build but they just had to go and break it.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-02-13 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    What? Tier sets are killing the choices and gear diversity not the other way around. I have like 12-17 gear pieces in my bag that I just CANT use because Im locked by set (other tier slots are legendaries). How you can call this "having choices"? Finally I can use whatever I want in BfA. Moving tier bonusses (or whatever its called) to this azerite was good decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post

Havoc has practically no self healing in pvp which is fine when no other dps can heal but that is not the case, leech doesnt work and orbs are completely uncontrollable. Soul rend is even nerfed in bfa so even if it gave 100% of its value in pvp nothing changes.

Chaos nova becoming a disoriant makes it completely worthless, an aoe gouge on a meele class whos both movement skills deal damage? I know nova stun was strong but in hindsight of rated pvp and the reason aoe stuns are only going to a couple classes i am at a loss to why we lose ours. As a aoe gouge i would actually rather it just became an aoe dmg ability than cc which is pretty strange from a pvper.
    Yes havoc is fantastic pressure on people and does fantastic damage but thats it, havoc is not a desired spec in rbgs at all only venge tanks. Nova remaining a stun in bfa might actually make us a desired spec in bfa.

No bloodlet???? Seriously???? It better be baked in to throw glaive because bloodlet is one of our best damage sources.

I was delighted to see immo aura coming and even more so that it generated fury but i really cannot understand why it was not baseline.

Im unsure on venge atm, i like fracture changes and any change that changes the current meta no pun of venge tanks being mandatory in pvp is fine by me, sometimes i just want to dps but nope, not allowed, only tank. Plus most people don't even understand why venge is popular tank and just assume a dh tank has the same survivability as other tanks ontop of our mobility.

100% right no selfheal no cc we are the badest mix from monk and rogue. Only our movement is cool.
    Also arms get a fix use heal so we are the only DD spec with no chance to heal. Nothing

So bad the new build comes out demo gets a full set of rework warriors get a offheal in arms and fury both had heal with blood thirst and second wined.
    Demon hunter nothing.
    I think it needs a whole season in bfa before we get also a good option for self healing after they destroy orb heal in legion beta (they could balance it but they nerf them in the ground in pvp) and leech heal in arena.
    Last edited by mmoc4c7c183171; 2018-02-14 at 06:08 AM.

Ya we lost self heals from meta, but there is a talent 10% passive leech and additional 10% in meta, I honestly think it is pretty strong esp if u play demonic, the same build cartoons ran dungeon, should be strong in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Ya we lost self heals from meta, but there is a talent 10% passive leech and additional 10% in meta, I honestly think it is pretty strong esp if u play demonic, the same build cartoons ran dungeon, should be strong in pvp
    Is there any video with this dungeon run? Would like to see something from havoc pov but cant find it on YT.

Deleted

WHAT?!=!!&"%&#"

Chaos Nova is not a stun anymore? Are you freeking serious?
    This is insanity...

First they remove Meta Stun now this? How do you want us to be viable in PvP?
    The stun could already be dispeled because it was magic...

Blizzard if you are going to buttfuck me like that at least buy me dinner first.

(replace "mom" by "Blizzard"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kATVp1H2O_w
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-02-14 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Is it 10% flat leech or is it 10% more leech from the stat. So if I have 10% leech in gear I get additional 1%?

Deleted
    Are you aware we get like 40% leech in pvp at the moment with soul rending and we are still considered to have no self healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    Is it 10% flat leech or is it 10% more leech from the stat. So if I have 10% leech in gear I get additional 1%?
    To be honest, i am not sure myself, but I HOPE (big time here) that it will be a flat 10% increase in leech, which is sexy for pvp (no more dying to tanks 1v1 after ur cds are down in pvp instance), but it might just as well what you pointed out only 10% from existent leech on ur gear, then it will be a total shit talent not worth specking into.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you aware we get like 40% leech in pvp at the moment with soul rending and we are still considered to have no self healing?
    Yes, i am aware of it =), i only pvp on my DH. But what i was saying IF that talents just adds a flat 10% leech to us, it would be amazing for pvp and extra 10% while in meta, so we will be @ 40% leech while in demon form, which is not all that bad