Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Probably because damage dealers only have to worry about 3 variables: elims, deaths, damage done.
    Tanks have those 3 as well as damage absorbed/blocked. Look at a Ragtagg video where he speaks about how his SR gain was less than normal on Orissa simply because his teams Bastion was doing so well it hurt Rag's personal SR gain on a win.
    Support have things such as the above 3 as well as amount healed. Things like the bugs with Mercy's SR gain amount, both when it was in favor of and against, have hurt support roles image.
    It's much easier to contend with 3 variables than it is with 4+, especially when Blizzard isn't very forthcoming with how the system makes up its mind how you play. This also leads to why a lot of people ask for a simple ladder system for W:L ratios, with more emphasis on winning vs how you play certain heroes.
    That's all well and good, but it's part of the reason why people go dps and don't switch in comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's all well and good, but it's part of the reason why people go dps and don't switch in comp.
    Just...what? Are you trying to argue a post that agreed with you? Not only agreed, but emphasized why it's true. Jesus Christ man, read and comprehend before you reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just...what? Are you trying to argue a post that agreed with you? Not only agreed, but emphasized why it's true. Jesus Christ man, read and comprehend before you reply.
    I wasn't arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    People need to be banned from tracer mccree and widow if they get downvotes.

Implement downviote system.
    noty

all you have to do is say genji isn't OP and you'll get banned from the game knowing the OW community

- - - Updated - - -

i'm really starting to fucking hate this game

- - - Updated - - -

pretty much done with this game.

i'm silenced because people get butthurt over being made fun of for losing after trying to turtle 0-0 in CTF and beating them stupid. like i'm sorry you don't realize turtling even score only works against retards and it's annoying to basically spend 10 minutes waiting for the game to start after sitting in a queue, hero select and prep just because you want to be a pussy and expect me to kill myself on your turrets.

at 0-0, there is no reason for me to try to come take your flag when i know i will beat your ass in SD trying to play that bullshit.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-02-12 at 06:13 PM.

So, personally I've never considered OW particularly toxic, sure there's the occasional jerkface but (unfortunately) that's pretty much the norm in any multiplayer game. Last night it really reared its ugly head though, I was playing some CtF and politely declined a request to hand over Lúcio to this two-man group. What followed was whole two games full of racist shit against me as if I was a black person (I'm not, but I didn't correct them), using homosexuality as an insult, hoping I get cancer and die / kill myself, and whatnot. The latter sort of things tend to be common ill-wishes (sadly), but the rampant racism was pretty astounding. Can only imagine how that would've felt had I actually been black, and the fact that I'm not doesn't make it any less despicable.

Initially I didn't say much because it would only incite them even more, but one of the other people on the team kept talking back to them and so I did as well to support him in turn, both of us actually kept it civil tho. So I guess at the same time it was also a display of the players' willingness to stand up for others and not just let shit slide in silence on the sidelines. <3

Near the end of the second match the most toxic one was suddenly trying to pass it all off as "banter", I wasn't having none of that though. Afterward the game returned to the menu and both of the little shitstains sent me friend requests, one of them twice, which I promptly declined of course. Best part is that the following games with me as Lúcio were all wins with me capping about 2 flags per match because my team was actually pushing together instead of being all over the place too busy bitching and expecting me to solo the whole game. Funny how that works.

Feel like they need to change Moira to make her less attractive to people who won't heal. 4 moiras today, worst one being a moira who goes in and almost dies and I'm almost dead too on McCree, Moira takes the health pack, runs back in without healing me to do DPS, comes running back when the health pack is spawning again and takes it again and runs in and dies. They really need to force these kind of moiras out of the game. Not a single healing orb used during the game and I never saw them heal anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sick to death of premades. More than half of them are out to throw. Not a good night, lost a lot of my gains of the past couple of days. Got another Golden Gun though.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a disappointment too.

https://plays.tv/video/5a822ce5d0fbd...aries-then-oh-

Aw crap, overwatch is free from the 16th to the 19th. Way to ruin a weekend Bliz!
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

You people just aren't getting it. You are nitpicking over word choice and not content.

The reality is Moira's design encourages baddies to go DPS because they can finally win against other people(enough of the time) in 1v1 for them to thinkt hey should DPS instead of heal their team.

Make RMB not heal her at all and all of this goes away. It would be like if Mercy's blaster healed her when she used it. So you constantly got people on Mercy running around battlemercying instead of healing.
    I have definitely seen this behaviour.

No comment on whether I have indulged in this behaviour myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    People are always told the best way to climb is just play a DPS no matter what.
    Honestly, it's true. And it sucks.

I tried to fill for ages, and my rank plummeted. Even though tank was probably my best category.

Then I started playing Junkrat and ignoring comp, and my win rate went positive again. It's bonkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    double jump too. and realistically the cast time buff is bigger than that because of latency. terrible change, hack will be nearly impossible to react to and it already hacks tracer through recall.

starting to wonder if they even want Genji to be playable at a low ELO anymore. she already hacks him now before he can turn, shoot and hit her lol and even if you did FUCK YEA LATENCY

BITE THE PILLOW NIGGA THEY GOING IN DRY
    I mean I guess it's worse for Genji, but bringing Sombra to counter Genji is insane when you could take a Winston tank instead.

I dunno, they have to do something to make Sombra viable. You know, if she countered Pharah that would be a good niche... maybe they should make her hack cause Pharah to plunge to her death lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I dunno, they have to do something to make Sombra viable. You know, if she countered Pharah that would be a good niche... maybe they should make her hack cause Pharah to plunge to her death lol.
    With the accuracy buff she will do a good job of killing unpocketed Pharah.

Pharah actually needs the right kind of buff to be playable diamond and higher(she isn't.)

People complaining about the Sombra buffs are just plain wrong, if your reaction time to something is slower that .5s+ you deserve what ever happens to you. I can't remember the last time I was hacked by anything but EMP because it is that easy to just turn and kill her or do so much damage she has to recall..... let alone get a hack off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, they have to do something to make Sombra viable.
    she is already viable

widowmaker is viable, but no one plays her because everyone sucks at playing her

Pharah actually needs the right kind of buff to be playable diamond and higher(she isn't.)

People complaining about the Sombra buffs are just plain wrong, if your reaction time to something is slower that .5s+ you deserve what ever happens to you. I can't remember the last time I was hacked by anything but EMP because it is that easy to just turn and kill her or do so much damage she has to recall..... let alone get a hack off.
    well i am glad that in the middle of a teamfight you can see a sombra through a roadhog and every spell effect in the game and that when faced with choosing between lobbing off the last 20% hp of a support's health bar or getting hacked, you can somehow do both rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm silenced because people get butthurt over being made fun of
    And that right there is why you deserve it. No matter the reason, you are NEVER justified in being
    toxic. Yes, "making fun of people" counts as that.

I can't remember the last time I was hacked because who the fuck plays Sombra? Apart from throwers, but they usually prefer Hanzo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can't remember the last time I was hacked because who the fuck plays Sombra? Apart from throwers, but they usually prefer Hanzo.
    I see the occasional Sombra out to prove something with the worst hero in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, asking Arcade Mode to give me my remaining 4 wins so I can get my 2 lootboxes was the
    equivalent of asking for gun control in the U.S.

It always mind boggles me how one person can have such horrible bullshit luck in the draws with MM.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-02-13 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Aw crap, overwatch is free from the 16th to the 19th. Way to ruin a weekend Bliz!
    I really wish they'd stop with that shit. It makes quickplay completely unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I really wish they'd stop with that shit. It makes quickplay completely unplayable.
    Which in turn pushes everyone who paid for their account and doesn’t want to put up with that shit into comp making comp unplayable. Yay.

- - - Updated - - -

she is already viable

widowmaker is viable, but no one plays her because everyone sucks at playing her
    She sucked for a long time, and that stigma has just stuck so people will throw and abuse people for playing her still. It puts people off. Her win rates are comparable to Tracer and McCree, so it's not even about people sucking with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    And that right there is why you deserve it. No matter the reason, you are NEVER justified in being
    toxic. Yes, "making fun of people" counts as that.
    Toxic is such an overused sensationalist buzzword, when people tell me I'm being toxic I just take it as "you're being an asshole but you're actually completely right. however, no one will listen to you because you're being mean to them and they want you to hold their hand and give them a blowjob and buy them a bmw"

after this community has shown me how shitty it can be to people over nothing, i'm done being nice lol. i wouldn't give 90% of y'all a penny out of my take a penny leave a penny. i don't wanna help most of y'all do shit because most of y'all are the type of people to preach to the choir and scarcely practice what you preach.

$50 says I can openly claim I am throwing a game some of you are in and without missing a beat you will stop in the middle of the match to file 5 different reports against me and start cussing me out in match chat instead of believing you could win a 5v6 and attempting to just adjust to adverse circumstances, turning your 5v6 into a 4v6 further demoralizing your team by being a quitter.

And then you will bitch about how leavers and throwers are a problem despite being one yourself lol

She sucked for a long time, and that stigma has just stuck so people will throw and abuse people for playing her still. It puts people off. Her win rates are comparable to Tracer and McCree, so it's not even about people sucking with her.
    the stigma has stayed because people still try to play her like soldier 76

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah she only got viable when her scope time and grapple decreased. The grapple change is surprisingly what really makes her work. I don't know if it's just seeing her be OP in OWL, but people are playing her on most maps now.

I find that I have to switch to her on several maps where dps cannot penetrate correctly like Anubis, Horizon, King's Row, etc. Doesn't hurt when you do stuff like this: https://gfycat.com/ThriftyWhiteAegeancat

Ignore the bad reload habits. It's something I've had since CS and just can't break for some reason.
    BAD WOLF

Day 1042: People in Quickplay Still don't know how to deal with Torbjorn. Faith in Humanity continues be partially restored only to be dashed as I seem to run across either less competent teammates or highly competent opponents when not playing Torbjorn. Suspicions of Blizzard being wise to my desires to go from 62% QP Win percentage to a more respectable 49% without actively throwing have risen as Torbjorn continues to be a racist little butt weasel.