Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    But Blizzard has always balanced classes with top gear and tier bonuses in mind. It just got way worse in Legion.
    I'm not talking about balance, I mentioned balance exactly 0 times, this is about how it feels, how the rotation flows, variety in buttons to press, not how much DPS they do.

And... That is an ass-backwards way of doing things and always has been, they should be balancing set bonuses around the class, not the class around the set bonuses.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-13 at 06:02 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

• IF they are planning to add interesting power-ups through our Azerite necklace, it makes sense that we would need to start out with room to grow. Assuming we get the necklace shortly after reaching 120, all we'll be doing without it is questing anyway, right? Maybe a couple normal dungeons?
    • I like Preach. I don't agree with everything he says, but he seems like a nice guy and a reasonably competent player. His opinions are at least as valid as the average poster in these forums, including me.
    • For that matter, I don't agree with any streamers on everything, and even the best of them are less than omniscient.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    IF they are planning to add interesting power-ups through our Azerite necklace, it makes sense that we would need to start out with room to grow.

Yeah, sure, so long as none of those things feel like they should be baseline functionality... Or got forbid actually used to be... Under no circumstances should they be taking baseline things away from us just to give it back later is a "reward". For example, they increased the cooldown on Ret's Crusader Strike from 4.5 seconds to 6, and Blade of Justice from 10.5 to 12 (and they were already too long), how much do you want to bet that cooldown reductions for those two abilities are going to be azurite "bonuses"? That is absolute, 110% bullshit and utterly lazy design, and will also make the pre-azurite leveling experience for Ret boring as all hell.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-13 at 06:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Oh, you kids who worship someone just because they have a shitty youtube channel. His opinion is irrelevant. He's still a random nobody. And he hasn't leveled any characters to max level on Alpha so for him to say they all suck is the most ludicrous piece of garbage I've ever heard. Yeah all the specs suck. He's played onyl a couple of them for 2 levels. Grats on starting a thread with no real clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'm not talking about balance, I mentioned balance exactly 0 times, this is about how it feels, how the rotation flows, variety in buttons to press, not how much DPS they do.

And... That is an ass-backwards way of doing things and always has been, they should be balancing set bonuses around the class, not the class around the set bonuses.
    But that's exactly what I meant. Fury in MoP without enough crit was horrible to play. Since most of the spec was based on procs, if you didn't crit, you ended up doing BT > AA until next BT. But when you had enough crit plus the two SOO trinkets, the spec felt amazing. I'm sure there are tons of other examples like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Almost as if the Azerite armor is going to be what you're designed around isn't it

- - - Updated - - -

yeah what does the biggest WoW youtuber know

Apparently he knows nothing if he's saying that every spec in the game sucks having only played a few of them a whole three levels.

Yeah, sure, so long as none of those things feel like they should be baseline functionality... Or got forbid actually used to be... Under no circumstances should they be taking baseline things away from us just to give it back later is a "reward". For example, they increased the cooldown on Ret's Crusader Strike from 4.5 seconds to 6, and Blade of Justice from 10.5 to 12 (and they were already too long), how much do you want to bet that cooldown reductions for those two abilities are going to be azurite "bonuses"? That is absolute, 110% bullshit and utterly lazy design, and will also make the pre-azurite leveling experience for Ret boring as all hell.
    I play very little Ret, but are you basically saying you want any cd reduction to be baked in up front, with none added later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... most classes have been designed around their artifacts, so remember how shitty your class was before you got all of your important artifact weapon traits and that's how you'll be before you get your artifact necklace traits.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play very little Ret, but are you basically saying you want any cd reduction to be baked in up front, with none added later?
    If it feels like it should be, and used to be baseline? Yeah. The cooldowns are already too long as they are in Legion, we need a ridiculous amount of haste to have a smooth rotation, and now they are making them LONGER.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Well.... most classes have been designed around their artifacts, so remember how shitty your class was before you got all of your important artifact weapon traits and that's how you'll be before you get your artifact necklace traits.
    Our talents before 120 are basically leveling talents. As long as we can have fun doing the quest story lines, that's all that matters. It's all incentive to farm Azerite those first few weeks, I reckon.

- - - Updated - - -

If it feels like it should be, and used to be baseline? Yeah. The cooldowns are already too long as they are in Legion, we need a ridiculous amount of haste to have a smooth rotation, and now they are making them LONGER.
    Ok, and we will see what they actually do. Just keep in mind that you won't be raiding at 111.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep in mind that you won't be raiding at 111.
    How is that in any way relevant?

How is that in any way relevant?
    Who cares what your rotation is for quest mobs? When you rarely make it through a rotation anyway? You'll have the good stuff by the time you actually need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what your rotation is for quest mobs? When you rarely make it through a rotation anyway? You'll have the good stuff by the time you actually need it.
    You're aware group content exists outside of raids and below the level cap, right? You're aware PvP exists below level cap, right?

Right?

The feel of the class does matter before endgame.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-13 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm2z3GQL84

In this video preach discusses his feelings on classes in BFA and hopes that the Azerite gear wont be just % to spell damage. That the gear will change up the gameplay of the classes with meaningful choice. He said that right now in the beta, things are grim and every single spec is Terrible. What are your feelings on the Alpha classes? Will Azerite Armor improve things? It's worrying hearing feedback like this That the classes are all fucked right now and absolutely no indication that Azerite Armor will have interesting gameplay. It might just be netherlight 2.0 rather than what the legiondaries and weapons had. The lack of info on what the armor is is concerning

Do you think all the specs right now are boring or bad? Without good Azerite Trait will you stop playing? From what ive watched, some specs dont seem so bad. Warlocks seem fine, others seem fine with the right talents.
    Are you joking, they've revealed at blizzard how azerite gear will change your gameplay. 3 armor pieces with each affectiv 3 diff spells.
    They have like 3 circles thet you can swap through and a final ability(i belive).

Sorry but since we even have a video on this the topic is quite redundant.

They even said you will be swapping gear based on fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Oh, you kids who worship someone just because they have a shitty youtube channel. His opinion is irrelevant. He's still a random nobody. And he hasn't leveled any characters to max level on Alpha so for him to say they all suck is the most ludicrous piece of garbage I've ever heard. Yeah all the specs suck. He's played onyl a couple of them for 2 levels. Grats on starting a thread with no real clue.
    He didn't say that. But I guess you decided to comment without actually watching so your comments are worth next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    yeah what does the biggest WoW youtuber know
    He doesn't have any competition left.

OT: It's way too early to say, but it's a legit concern. I don't see an issue with speaking out early about the classes feeling dull atm in hopes that things won't go forward that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    You can't level a character to max on alpha, it's literally not possible. He's just giving his thoughts on the current state of 'class changes' in the Alpha, most of which will likely change.

He's just a dude with an opinion and a monetized YouTube channel. What is it with this forum and everyone taking random opinion as fact?

Just watched the video, and what Preach actually says is that the classes all feel like something is missing, and he suspects it is the Azerite gear. Which is what we've all been guessing in this thread.

probably not all specs but i'm not surprised that in order to perform at 100% you need azerite gear, isn't that the new artifact? (and probably a good raid weapon to begin with)
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Are..are people actually defending Blizzard and the fucktarded class design? That makes me sad.

Preach is completely right about this - in CURRENT stage of alpha, without the azerite necklace, classes feel dull and unfun to play.

Don't have access to alpha? You can test it yourself - replace your artifact weapon with Garrosh heirloom or something and go whack some dummies. Also remove any legendaries that change your rotation (Oneth Intuition for Boomkins for example) Do you actually consider the rotation without the active ability AND the many passives fun and engaging?

Shadow priest without haste, without void torrent, without passives that help with insanity generation. Boomkin without the Moon talents is fucking 3 button spam. Fury warrior without passives and legendaries to help with rage generation? half of your rotation will be fucking spamming Furious Slash. Etc.

The artifact abilities and talents aren't some extra cherry on top of cake that you can just remove and still be left with a delicious cake. They are a core part of class design and without them you are left with a dull withering husk.
    Hell, even with fully powered artifact, some speccs are rather dull to play (BM hunter, Ret paladin without legendary ring and tons of haste)