Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to an extend, having to be unlocked is good.

Having to play through a questline, for example the Highmountain quests for the HMTauren, it ok.
    In fact, it is great! Who would want to paly a race and not know their story?

But needing to get exalted? Thats too much.
    Not all of us are Blizzard's little slave robots, routinely doing dailies every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    God forbid you have to work for a few weeks to unlock something. I´m not elitist at all but this catering to crybabies is disgusting.
    Uh huh.. watching your phone and a few wq is working for it?

The WQ overall are easy and depending can be done as in an entire map in under an hour(at least for me darkmoon buff will still be their when done)

I watch my phone hoping a token pops up.

I watch wq hoping a rep token pops up.

I got bloodsail admiral that took some grinding and a bit of time/work. This is just an rmg timegate to keep people playing longer.

Again keep reputation if you wamt but make it grindable not so focused on rmg and how many alts you can use to funnel tokens IF IF it even pops up.

Oh and a tldr of my emtire point for days. I do NOT think luck should play such an insanely massive part in a rep grind. Good luck can make a faction doable in under a week bad luck can mean it takes more then a month.

Meanwhile you can get capped with one while being crazy far behind tje other IF you get lucky enough.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2018-02-09 at 10:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh and a tldr of my emtire point for days. I do NOT think luck should play such an insanely massive part in a rep grind. Good luck can make a faction doable in under a week bad luck can mean it takes more then a month.
    No amount of good luck will allow you to get the two Argus reps to exalted in under a week. You are over exaggerating the RNG factor in the reps. The two Argus reps average out to 1-2 months of play with out going out of your way to get every last bit of rep per day. There is nothing wrong with that. Being able to mindlessly kill things for rep for hours at a time is not the only way that rep gains can work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No amount of good luck will allow you to get the two Argus reps to exalted in under a week. You are over exaggerating the RNG factor in the reps. The two Argus reps average out to 1-2 months of play with out going out of your way to get every last bit of rep per day. There is nothing wrong with that. Being able to mindlessly kill things for rep for hours at a time is not the only way that rep gains can work.
    Heh no but the mindlesdly kill CAN help

And going from revered to exalted yeah you can probably honored to exalted too here is how

1. Darkmoon fair/be human(i am draenei so fair if hunan even better)

2. Be diplomat week

3. Mix above two all wq now give 120 rep if not human

4. Do weekly quest WITH rep bonus fron fair 2200 at least.

5. Have a rep token wq spawn with alts on argus(note for arny of light i JUST needed argus because it was ALWAYS on the account unlocked part) each token will give 275 with buff. So in my case i had 4 cgarafter who could run it. Only one eho could do argussian(ehich has not popped in days yet light has 2-3 times at least) now 2 argussian 5 for light.

6. Get two daily quests for the faction you need. Turn in with fair buff.

7. Get 3-4 rep tokens at least with one faction. Use with buff.

So through sheer rng yeah you can. Just means reps will be EXTREMELY imbalanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There was no flaw.
    yes there was and you can deny it all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I fully expect that if a new player buys the box in October (ie: after the release date) that they'll be able to have their choice of all current plus the four allied races. If any restriction, then they may have to level a toon to 20 before they can create an allied race toon.
    I am marking this now, to show this to you in September when you see that the restrictions wont be gone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    My argussian reach? Still low.
    then you obviously DONT play the game. As said even doing KT Emissary now gives you AR rep....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The two Argus reps average out to 1-2 months of play with out going out of your way to get every last bit of rep per day. There is nothing wrong with that. Being able to mindlessly kill things for rep for hours at a time is not the only way that rep gains can work.
    yeah no way it takes this long anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Blizz could print money by letting you pay to unlock them as an alternative to the grind.
    but they wont.

This is a really stupid thing to complain about. The very premise is bad. If the ONLY reason you were going to play BFA is an allied race, and you refuse to put a little time into it getting the achievement for it, then I don't think you really even want to play, or really like that allied race very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes there was and you can deny it all you want.

I am marking this now, to show this to you in September when you see that the restrictions wont be gone

- - - Updated - - -

then you obviously DONT play the game. As said even doing KT Emissary now gives you AR rep....
    Whiiich is rng and part of my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is a really stupid thing to complain about. The very premise is bad. If the ONLY reason you were going to play BFA is an allied race, and you refuse to put a little time into it getting the achievement for it, then I don't think you really even want to play, or really like that allied race very much.
    Time np an rng based grind is an issue

Just curious what they are going to do when BFA launches and people want these 4 allied races. Are they really going to make you play and grind stuff from the last expansion when you could be playing the new one?

Not a big concern, though I do think they should nerf the requirement of the nightborne to where you just have to complete their questline, just because it's such an incredibly long questline. A great questline, but certainly the most time consuming of the set.

And even saying that I wouldn't want any changes until at least BfA's full release. They'd mainly be for making this simpler once Legion isn't the main content.

Though you still have to go through all the hoops for a garrison if you want to go back and get that post-WoD, as well as old reputation rewards like pets, mounts, etc, so honestly if they made no changes at all it would be fine, just a minor inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Though you still have to go through all the hoops for a garrison if you want to go back and get that post-WoD,
    You didn't need to pay for Legion to access your garrison though, it was WoD feature. Doing old content to access another old content is fine, doing old expansion endgame content to access new content is absolutely atrocious and has never been done in this game. People who feel that is fine were just retroactively rewarded for passive reputation gains throughout Legion, if prepurchasing gave you quest, that needed something like 50 paragons with certain faction after getting quest, I'd imagine they'd be the first ones to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Funny thing is, the unlocks are pretty trivial to me, I'm mostly annoyed that I'm going to have to level them all the long way to get the heritage armour.

I've levelled 22 toons and frankly I'm bored of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlocked void elf today it after three weeks. Past week was the bonus week.
    Played 5 hrs in the weekends doing only wq and rares weekdays 3hrs same deal. Was boring as hell but glad im done!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You didn't need to pay for Legion to access your garrison though, it was WoD feature. Doing old content to access another old content is fine, doing old expansion endgame content to access new content is absolutely atrocious and has never been done in this game. People who feel that is fine were just retroactively rewarded for passive reputation gains throughout Legion, if prepurchasing gave you quest, that needed something like 50 paragons with certain faction after getting quest, I'd imagine they'd be the first ones to complain.
    And who forces you to pre-purchase BfA before finishing Allied Races requirements? Getting these now is much easier than before, especially with all rep changes for Argus, which makes Alliance races requirements' quite a joke, with missions being the only hard bottleneck. All requirements have been spelled out before, exactly as they have been implemented. I probably even did too much work because I also got my Alliance alt to max rep on both Argus factions (which is probably also an account-wide requirement, I just wanted to be sure). Legion reputation farming is so easy compared to most expansions. You have world quests, dungeons, reputation tokens from missions, bonus reputation on specific characters (frost mage, humans), and bonus reputations from events (darkmoon faire, WQ weekly). Getting paragon mounts, this is a pain, but getting to exalted is surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And who forces you to pre-purchase BfA before finishing Allied Races requirements?
    Nobody, so I didn't pre-purchase, I just say that it's the first time that new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame content and that it's stupid decision.
    Looking for Raid.

Nobody, so I didn't pre-purchase, I just say that it's the first time that new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame content and that it's stupid decision.
    You mean besides the countless mounts and titles, transmog, professions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You mean besides the countless mounts and titles, transmog, professions, etc.
    I literally wrote "new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame".
    Looking for Raid.

I literally wrote "new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame".
    Yes. Like achievement mounts and titles, which were new expansion content, some of which was gated behind old expansion endgame. You know, exactly like allied races.
    Or transmog, which likewise, has content locked behind doing old expansion endgame.
    Or DKs, which were content locked behind old expansion content ("b-but it wasn't endgame!!!!", except that leveling to 55 in BC/Wrath was not significantly more work than the allied race requirements).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Buying BfA but still having to unlock lvl 120?"
    "Buying BfA but still having to unlock 900/900 professions?"
    "Buying BfA but still having to play the game?"

Deleted
    I didn't have to unlock anything, the reps will come on their own... Stop bitching about it and man the f up, for Christ's sake