Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroes Of The Storm Patch Notes — February 09, 2018

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Our most recent Heroes of the Storm patch is now live containing balance changes to Maiev, The Warden.

Heroes

Warrior

Maiev

Stats
    • Basic Attack Damage reduced from 162 to 150
    • Base Maximum Health increased from 2150 to 2236
    • Health Regeneration increased from 4.48 to 4.66

Abilities
    • Fan of Knives (Q)
      • Damage decreased from 180 to 170
    • Vault of the Wardens (D)
      • No longer grants passive Armor

Talents
    • Level 1
      • Naisha’s Memento (Active)
        • Bounces no longer deal bonus damage
    • Level 16
      • Armored Assault (Passive)
        • Physical Damage bonus decreased from 35 to 25%
        • Now activates if Maiev has any amount of bonus Armor

Developer Comment: Maiev has arrived in the Nexus and seems to be obliterating her foes (as she should) but is slightly deadlier than we intended. The Warden’s survivability is currently too high, which allows her to get tons of resets on Fan of Knives while ignoring enemy threats. To address this, we’re removing her armor gain from Vault of the Wardens, while slightly lowering her damage output so that she has to stick around in the fight a little longer to take down her opponents. After these changes, we’ll continue to keep an eye on Maiev to be sure that she has enough survivability to perform her melee Assassin role, without it feeling like her enemies have little-to-no options for counterplay

Deleted
    finally 10char

So.. Release a hero, let ppl buy her and spent money on her, 3 days later nerf it to the groumd. Great testing there blizz

Deleted
    Haha, that was rather quick

On the other hand she lasted till Wednesday evening - then she was banned in all my games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    So.. Release a hero, let ppl buy her and spent money on her, 3 days later nerf it to the groumd. Great testing there blizz
    Also this - I had so much fun on my alt account that I bought the whole skin bundle on my main.

Deleted
    ~7% base damage nerf
    ~4% survivability nerf via health
    ~11% survivability nerf via armor

Bye bye 65%+ WR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    ~4% survivability nerf via health

Bye bye 65%+ WR.
    increased ........ 10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    increased ........ 10char
    Ack, good point. So damage and survivability nerfs are synched after all. Makes alot more sense too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    They need to apply the act same nerv again, she is still too strong.

High dmg, tanky, has dmg immunity on short CD, has crowd control, oppertunity for teamplay, can split teams up, strong engagement and escape on short CD and all of this starts on level 1.

Not to mention, that literally every single one of her talents have a minimum winrate of 54.6% going up to 70% for some meaning it doesn't really matter what build you go.

Either her dmg needs to go down or her utility.

Deleted
    Can we pretty please wait for at least one week of pro games with Maiev pickable before clubbering her with the nerf bat yet again? Reddit had this insane witch hunt for Hanzo for weeks after his release, and now he sits next to Chen and Valeera in HL and gets played but isn't exactly oppressive in HGC either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Can we pretty please wait for at least one week of pro games with Maiev pickable before clubbering her with the nerf bat yet again? Reddit had this insane witch hunt for Hanzo for weeks after his release, and now he sits next to Chen and Valeera in HL and gets played but isn't exactly oppressive in HGC either.
    Yeah, I totally agree.

Same thing happened with Malthael. Sure he was released way too overtuned, but after some tweaks he was absolutely fine and yet, people still called for nerfs for some reason. What is the purpose of having a niche if said niche is not effective in general games? I mean, melee Assassins should be brutalizing enemy teams given the perfect situation otherwise what is the reason to pick them when they usually can't poke and are squishy.

I really hope Maiev stays the way she is now for a bit longer to collect valuable data, how many times did Blizzard nerf a Hero just to buff it again a week later. She already has some weaknesses and people need to learn to play against her first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree.

Same thing happened with Malthael. Sure he was released way too overtuned, but after some tweaks he was absolutely fine and yet, people still called for nerfs for some reason. What is the purpose of having a niche if said niche is not effective in general games? I mean, melee Assassins should be brutalizing enemy teams given the perfect situation otherwise what is the reason to pick them when they usually can't poke and are squishy.

I really hope Maiev stays the way she is now for a bit longer to collect valuable data, how many times did Blizzard nerf a Hero just to buff it again a week later. She already has some weaknesses and people need to learn to play against her first.
    And just as with Xul, Maltheal could go 1vs5 on release and win if not chain stunned.

Maiv is OP because she is strong by herself and has insane team wipe potentional unlike the latter. She needs to be squishie as fuck if she can have dmg immunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    And just as with Xul, Maltheal could go 1vs5 on release and win if not chain stunned.
    Maybe in Bronze.

I am not denying he was broken because he really was. However the recent changes to both his damage and self-sustain make him weak. He is pretty much a one trick pony to dominate solo lane or 1v1s because his team fight potential is pretty weak. And let's be real, 1v1 happens very rarely in higher leagues.

He no longer is a late game monster, I honestly feel you get more value out of any decent Warrior than him. I mean, people cry about Tormented Souls with Q spam while Leoric's Death March at 20 is the same thing without having to worry about CC.

I would be fine with self-sustain nerf, but keep the fucking damage up. I want to jump in, spread the wings and melt my enemy team to feel like an Archangel of Death. Now I feel like he is just a health regeneration stopper at best, his Reaper's Mark does less damage to Valla than any other Burning Rage effect.

Maiv is OP because she is strong by herself and has insane team wipe potentional unlike the latter. She needs to be squishie as fuck if she can have dmg immunity.
    And no, you can't really have a super squishy melee Assassin otherwise the Hero is pretty much not in the game.

Maiev is a pure team fight Hero. She has decent wave clear, but her Mercenary control is pretty weak and is unable to solo lane unless her opponent is a dumb fuck. Her entire purpose is to force a fight and obliterate clumped up enemies.

If you try to skirmish with her all the time, she wins. You need to poke her down and try to play smart around her kit. I just laugh everytime I use aggressive Blink towards enemies and they remain clumped up just to bind them and FoK them up. You see the shit moving towards you, you get away from it to punish her if she commits to the blink.

Deleted
    Malth isn't that bad. He lose some hard engage potential but got more poke and team fight poke/engage even with not torment.

Not HGC pro lvl but still viable imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Malth isn't that bad. He lose some hard engage potential but got more poke and team fight poke/engage even with not torment.

Not HGC pro lvl but still viable imo.
    I am not talking about his viability, but how bad it feels to play him. He does not feel like an Assassin at all because his damage is so low.

Viable does not always mean good, it just means you can pick him even though there are better options available.

10+ Year Old Account

Maiev needs to be tanky to even function. She can't heal herself, yet is expected to go into close melee to land skillshots to deal her damage. She is one of the few frontlines who do not have self-sustain, so she is balanced around having a higher health pool and being able to dodge damage that other Heroes can heal through. Without that health she would be useless at her role as a frontline Assassin.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-02-14 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Maiev needs to be tanky to even function. She can't heal herself, yet is expected to go into close melee to land skillshots to deal her damage. She is one of the few frontlines who do not have self-sustain, so she is balanced around having a higher health pool and being able to dodge damage that other Heroes can heal through. Without that health she would be useless at her role as a frontline Assassin.
    You mean like Kerrigan? Oh wait...

Shes broken as fuck and can wipe an entire team if she has a pocket healer.

15+ Year Old Account

If an entire team stays clumped against a Maiev they deserve to be wiped. Literally all her damage comes from Q resets

People should have learned to spread ages ago when Kael was released.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

Kerrigan has shields, armour, and healing built in into her talent tree. Maiev has armour at lvl 13 and the rest is pretty much damage focused. So your Kerrigan comparison is just factually wrong. Also, just so you know, Kerrigan is back into the meta, so rejoice.

Well. Malthael now has the highest winrate in the game. Guess he wasn't as DOA as people announced him to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well. Malthael now has the highest winrate in the game. Guess he wasn't as DOA as people announced him to be.
    Well it hit the lower leagues hard, while in master he lost quite some win% according to hotslogs. The nerf was mainly in solo laning, a concept not executed in many lower league games. Also lower league players did not micro him as good as to single target and keep dots running on all targets - for them new Malth is clearly a QoL win in any teamfight.

He is also "still" a hard counter for many current meta heroes like blaze and Maiev (looking at hero league) - the meta is currently shifting back from bruiser laner to melee laner as I'd dare to judge it (has also a lot to do with genji and hanzo nerfs). Will se what the future holds. I still prefer the old Malth for the roles I drafted him. Also see currently tricked esports - Alex plays him with die alone as predicted to hold the solo lane role at least viable.
    Last edited by mmocb759c3dfe2; 2018-02-16 at 09:52 PM.