Poll: How big is the population

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Just wanna pop in here to say: remember what we see in game isnt actually coherent with the lore.
    It's kind of a problem when you have to ignore literally everything that you read in order to justify playing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    There is around those many npcs alone, not accounting for player characters. There are about 10 just in stormwind.
    From what I could find there is only one Void Elf NPC in Stormwind, Keira Onyxraven, and perhaps 3-4 roaming around the area.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 100-200, although this is a guess, based more on a feeling than actual facts. In general, I would say that the number of "nameless" void elves would be around one order of magnitude higher than visible NPCs, maybe order and a half. Definitelly not more than two orders, it's way too early for that.
    That being said, the number will change with time. A void elf is something an elf becomes, not something they are born, therefore any elf can become one. At the very least high and blood elves, although I wouldn't discount night elves and the nightborne in the long run, either.
    Anywho, this question is more akin "how many US marines are there" than to "how many humans there are"

How many lightforged draenei then? 10?

enough for every player to make one. so visit a website that tracks how many void elfs are made in a couple of months.

I never knew Void Elves made people so mad. I don't really care to have them on the Alliance and would prefer these races be neutral but it seems to infuriate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From what I could find there is only one Void Elf NPC in Stormwind, Keira Onyxraven, and perhaps 3-4 roaming around the area.
    Need to look around the embassy. There are at least 3 wandering throughout the streets of stormwind, one on the practice dummy behind the embassy, tailoring trainer Aevedos with a ghostblade and couple of rift wardens nearby, enchanting trainer Elestrae Dawnshard, embassy innkeeper Shani Ward and Ambassador Onyxraven.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-02-13 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Need to look around the embassy. There are at least 3 wandering throughout the streets of stormwind, one on the practice dummy behind the embassy, tailoring trainer Aevedos with a ghostblade and couple of rift wardens nearby, enchanting trainer Elestrae Dawnshard, embassy innkeeper Shani Ward and Ambassador Onyxraven.
    Still feels like a good estimate to me. 7 in Stormwind, probably 2-3 wandering around each capitol city, with the rest with Umbric in Telogrus Rift. 40-50 would work, maybe a handful more to account for NPC's out in the world - so perhaps a max of 70 or so?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    There's a few more, but I think they only show up when you are a voidelf yourself, for example I'm quite sure the Innkeeper in the embassy area is always of the race you are there with, if you're a voidelf, she's a voidelf too plus several vendors and unnamed voidelf guards. And if the Nightborne horde side are anything to go by there's new Horde/Alliance members taking walks in every Horde and Alliance capitol, that includes voidelves.

Very insignificant, but expected to gain a quick rise once they're set up properly. Also, they are a part of a Blizzard-managed universe, where 10% of 10% of thalassian population seem to consist an infinite amount of high elves, and "majority of orcs" were sided with the rebels during SoO.

The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless...
    What did I fucking say...
    Last edited by Zuben; 2018-02-13 at 11:59 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Still feels like a good estimate to me. 7 in Stormwind, probably 2-3 wandering around each capitol city, with the rest with Umbric in Telogrus Rift. 40-50 would work, maybe a handful more to account for NPC's out in the world - so perhaps a max of 70 or so?
    Its race of wonderful and super special, unique snowflakes. Simply magnificent.

Well seeing as every number falls 'Under or above 100000' (except 100,000), I guess that's the answer?

People have imagination, if void elves are just a part of Silvermoon population lets say 5-10%(which is very high assumption) max and ppl asuming that there are at least 10k of them that means that population of Silvermoon is about 100k "lorewise", and we are talking after Arthas slaughtered most of their population and then about half or more of population went to outland to netherstorm and black temple and all the places. In wowwiki it is said that Stormwind population is about 200k.

So imo.: Void elves are about 2-3% of Silvermoon population(not higher because they are outcasts and using void magic is prohibited in kingdoom of Silvermoon) and i think there is not more than 100-120 of them lorewise. So after quick math Silrermoon population in lore is about 3,3k-6k. There are not enough blood elves to populate second half of the city ingame, maybe some settlers from nightborne will populate other half of Silvermoon. My assumptions are taken from Burning Crusade time so maybe from that time population grown, don't have any data how fast etc.

Btw. I assume we are talking lorewise.

Edit: Some info from wowwiki to give bigger view:
    Undercity: 13k population(about 12k of them are forsaken)
    Sen'jin Village: 2k (most of them are trolls) I assume that this info was from time before trolls take Echo Isles so Echo Isles population is now about 2k with 100-200 in Sen'Jin Village).
    Thunder Bluff: 6k (5,3k of them are taurens)
    Orgrimmar: about 18k after adding population of all the races included in wowwiki. (in capital there is bigger race diversiti compared to other cities, there are 11,2k orcs, 1,7-1,8k trolls, 1,7k taurens, 1,4k forsaken, 900 goblins and some other races)
    I dont know if the data from Orgrimmar is pre siege or post siege.
    Another interesting fact; Razor hill population is 3k mix of orcs and trolls.

So in fact there is hope for trolls to build their own proper city they would have population: 2k from echo isles, about 200 from razor hill, about 1400 from Orgrimmar, 130 from undercity and 180 from thunder bluff, it adds up to about 3,9k population.
    Last edited by nerv234; 2018-02-13 at 05:07 PM.

The Alliance is on their last legs, champions! Our tactics have wiped out more than half of their soldiers!
    They cannot press their assault forever. Stay strong!
    Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken! Do not back down, heroes!
    We must have faith in the Warchief, Lorthemar.

Looks like Void Elves will be decisive to get Lordaeron back

Quote Originally Posted by Puxpux View Post

Incoming salt from Void Elf haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxpux View Post
    The Alliance is on their last legs, champions! Our tactics have wiped out more than half of their soldiers!
    They cannot press their assault forever. Stay strong!
    Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken! Do not back down, heroes!
    We must have faith in the Warchief, Lorthemar.

https://i.imgur.com/0rjm8xE.png

Yeah, how the fuck. Endless? This is super weird, I wonder what they did.

Deleted
    Yeah, the endlessness makes no sense. I wonder what's going on there.

Then again, nothing from that broadcast text makes much sense. They are apparently keen on f*****g over half their player base.
    Last edited by mmoc7a2ccf784d; 2018-02-14 at 12:10 AM.

Could it be the Void Elves are bringing some friends from the void to the siege, and using hosts of void creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Low enough that Blizzard can’t ever use low numbers as an excuse to not make a race playable anymore.
    Yeah they certainly burned that bridge making Void Elves. An extremely flimsy race that is also going to be way over played.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Could it be the Void Elves are bringing some friends from the void to the siege, and using hosts of void creatures?
    Very likely

Dont be surprised if alleria damns the world before this story ends.