10+ Year Old Account

Wish me luck

- - - Updated - - -

In the words of Unreal Tournament

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIITTSHITTSHITT

Fenrir mount, here I come !

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Nice! Congratulations!

Speaking of MGP, don't forget to do the Fashion Report each week. You don't even need to do anything but be judged once to net ten thousand. You can get higher if you actually play the game properly, of course, though apparently it involves a lot of expensive glamour, dyes and so on.

Meanwhile Khloe took the absolute biscuit this week. Set me up for 3 lines and put the seal nowhere near it.....

Hell the stupid cat didn't even give me the 2 lines. Wouldn't have minded making a nice mil off the crafting mats.

RIP Cloud Card

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Speaking of MGP, don't forget to do the Fashion Report each week. You don't even need to do anything but be judged once to net ten thousand. You can get higher if you actually play the game properly, of course, though apparently it involves a lot of expensive glamour, dyes and so on.
    Good tip, cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

Wish me luck

- - - Updated - - -

In the words of Unreal Tournament

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIITTSHITTSHITT

Fenrir mount, here I come !

So it does happen...

Grats on that new mount!

Ugh.

I pretty much have Byakko (EX) down. I know what to do, I'm just in that awkward spot where it's hard to find a group that is able to clear it. Plus my main and geared job is RDM...which as you can imagine suffers quite a bit from the 'no duplicate roles' approach that is fashionable in almost every clear/learning party.

Ugh.

I pretty much have Byakko (EX) down. I know what to do, I'm just in that awkward spot where it's hard to find a group that is able to clear it. Plus my main and geared job is RDM...which as you can imagine suffers quite a bit from the 'no duplicate roles' approach that is fashionable in almost every clear/learning party.
    In case you aren't aware the prevailing strat is the tank LB3. Having a single duplicate role almost guarantees you won't have it when you need it, making the DPS check considerably harder for the pugs who haven't cleared it yet. It sucks for sure. If you were on NA Primal, I'd gladly help you get a clear, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    In case you aren't aware the prevailing strat is the tank LB3. Having a single duplicate role almost guarantees you won't have it when you need it, making the DPS check considerably harder for the pugs who haven't cleared it yet. It sucks for sure. If you were on NA Primal, I'd gladly help you get a clear, but alas.
    Skip Soar, the remix!

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh.

Further not helping is the obsession (with some of the community) over running meta group comps, namely of the speed kill variety, in which RDM (along with BLM and to a lesser extent, SMN) aren’t part of.

I just roll my eyes at any group that’s insistent on running such comps since it’s been proven time and time again that such group comps are far from a necessity to clear content and that it’s more important to bring people on the job they are best at. That being said, I’m intentionally playing other jobs to give myself more options/flexibility. Did a bit of DRG while with friends running roulettes and was able to pull reasonable numbers...not as good as I can on BLM, but we’re talking a job I’ve played at 70 for maybe 100 minutes vs one I’ve played at 70 for a hundred hours.

Thinking of coming back and playing my summoner, How are they in this xpack?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Skip Soar, the remix
    I suppose. It's definitely a better strat for the average player. Otherwise I'd bet 75% of the people who cleared wouldn't be able too lol.

Further not helping is the obsession (with some of the community) over running meta group comps, namely of the speed kill variety, in which RDM (along with BLM and to a lesser extent, SMN) aren’t part of.

I just roll my eyes at any group that’s insistent on running such comps since it’s been proven time and time again that such group comps are far from a necessity to clear content and that it’s more important to bring people on the job they are best at. That being said, I’m intentionally playing other jobs to give myself more options/flexibility. Did a bit of DRG while with friends running roulettes and was able to pull reasonable numbers...not as good as I can on BLM, but we’re talking a job I’ve played at 70 for maybe 100 minutes vs one I’ve played at 70 for a hundred hours.
    Albeit anecdotal, but I just don't see this. I join pug groups for savage every week and have yet to join/try to join a single group that forced meta. The only common thing I see is minimizing duplicate classes or not allowing 3+ melee, which is smart, especially early on in the tier. I'm on Primal if that helps.

I concur that forcing someone to play a job they don't want/aren't best at is not a good thing.

Your DRG example supports something I've long advocated that people have fought me on. I don't get annoyed at people being bad. You can still be bad and do decent output (e.g. Kazela's DRG, or hell my DRG this tier).

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Thinking of coming back and playing my summoner, How are they in this xpack?
    Not meta (take that for what it's worth), but REALLY solid numbers. Their cleave abilities got nerfed recently iirc, but it was warranted as they currently hold all top 100 parses for Ultimate Bahamut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Skip Soar, the remix!

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, yeah. I went with RDM simply because I enjoy the additional utility that it provides. My initial plan was to go with SAM, though pure damage just doesn't interest me.

I managed to get Byakko to 10% in a group last night. I'm confident that I've memorised the fight at this point, so I'll give it another whirl tonight.

Finally got around to doing sigmascape and while its brain dead easy god damn is Phantom Train everything a VI fanboy could wish for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should go do the Sigma stuff, have been playing Atelier Sophie for the past uhhh............... long time.
    Spend 20-30 minutes planning stuff out to craft something only to fuck up and reload, :P

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I should go do the Sigma stuff, have been playing Atelier Sophie for the past uhhh............... long time.
    Spend 20-30 minutes planning stuff out to craft something only to fuck up and reload, :P
    I haven't really enjoyed many of the Atelier games lately. I really loved A1-3 (even though 3 was universally disliked), MK1 & MK2, and Shallie. All the others bored me or weren't very fun. IMO of course. I do love the crafting in those games though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really enjoyed many of the Atelier games lately. I really loved A1-3 (even though 3 was universally disliked), MK1 & MK2, and Shallie. All the others bored me or weren't very fun. IMO of course. I do love the crafting in those games though.
    They're not like the industry moving games but they're fun for me. It's mainly cause the crafting is fun and running around to make stuff either perfectly or however you want it to is nice.

I just wish more games put more thought into crafting.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-02-13 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    and i still haven't finished Meruru yet

Wow, I'm dumb. I didn't realize the Frontline Roulette gave bonus Tomestones. Oh well, that makes the weekly grind easier.

I suppose. It's definitely a better strat for the average player. Otherwise I'd bet 75% of the people who cleared wouldn't be able too lol.

Albeit anecdotal, but I just don't see this. I join pug groups for savage every week and have yet to join/try to join a single group that forced meta. The only common thing I see is minimizing duplicate classes or not allowing 3+ melee, which is smart, especially early on in the tier. I'm on Primal if that helps.

I concur that forcing someone to play a job they don't want/aren't best at is not a good thing.

Your DRG example supports something I've long advocated that people have fought me on. I don't get annoyed at people being bad. You can still be bad and do decent output (e.g. Kazela's DRG, or hell my DRG this tier).
    In my haste to make a humorous remark, I threw unwarranted shade at something that should happen more often: Usage of tank LB3 that isn’t scripted a la A12. It’s somewhat refreshing to see other LB3s put to use instead of furthering the virtual monopoly melee dps have on it (or healers, I suppose, for really bad groups...lol).

I’ve seen groups looking for specific jobs for stuff like Susano EX back when it was relevant. I recall seeing one specifically wanting a NIN for last dps spot...the rest of the dps were all part of the speed run meta from late HW (DRG, BRD, MCH). It’s extremely rare, though. Much more rare than the current “no dupes”...but I never liked having dupe jobs before, let alone now, since that means there’s higher likelihood for loot to hit the floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, yeah. I went with RDM simply because I enjoy the additional utility that it provides. My initial plan was to go with SAM, though pure damage just doesn't interest me.

I managed to get Byakko to 10% in a group last night. I'm confident that I've memorised the fight at this point, so I'll give it another whirl tonight.
    Then you run into the new “delete SAM” meme nonsense were you to go that route. :-/

I need to get back after Byakko. Might do that tonight.