Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, Artificial Old God is technically Old God. G'Huun is artificial Old God made by Titans.

G'Huun is an artifical Old God stuck at larva/worm state.
    We know Old Gods are parasites, they start as worms/larva and develop themselves once they started to feed from their host.
    G'huun has been "accidentaly" or willingly created by Titan Keepers but they sealed it to avoid it to grow up.

Deleted
    I'm gonna hijack this thread since it already go a spoiler tag and is about ghuun and zandalar and stuff.

I highlighted the roads in zandalar, since they are very prominent in the whole theme of the islands, connecting the major temples of Zandalar. Without going to much into details, the north east temple is where the Old God/Titan presence is strongest and also where Nagas invade from the sea.
    What we can also see on this map is that every major temple is connected with another temple with a big road (this is very mayaesque, but that doesnt really matter). What stands out is that there is a sunken road in the north east that is bigger than any of the other roads and goes far into the sea (further than a player is allowed to swim).

So my question is, does anyone have an idea where it could lead? That isnt just some random road. Its a really big road that goes further than the map shows us.

It's called "The Sundered Span"

https://i.imgur.com/AonOJ6B.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/iFuYzyQ.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2018-02-13 at 02:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    G'Huun is an artifical Old God stuck at larva/worm state.
    We know Old Gods are parasites, they start as worms/larva and develop themselves once they started to feed from their host.
    G'huun has been "accidentaly" or willingly created by Titan Keepers but they sealed it to avoid it to grow up.
    Curb the headcanon, there is enough in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Curb the headcanon, there is enough in this thread.
    Actually is smart headcanon... The idea is not bad, nor stupid. The big 4 could've landed in such state in azeroth, starting parasiting the planet, until they grew in the flesh mountains we know they were. Perhaps it's not, and G'huun form is only his own, but it's not bad as concept.
    This would also back the idea of more "minor" old gods present in the beginning, consumed by their big brothers or some, like hidden away.

I'm gonna hijack this thread since it already go a spoiler tag and is about ghuun and zandalar and stuff.

I highlighted the roads in zandalar, since they are very prominent in the whole theme of the islands, connecting the major temples of Zandalar. Without going to much into details, the north east temple is where the Old God/Titan presence is strongest and also where Nagas invade from the sea.
    What we can also see on this map is that every major temple is connected with another temple with a big road (this is very mayaesque, but that doesnt really matter). What stands out is that there is a sunken road in the north east that is bigger than any of the other roads and goes far into the sea (further than a player is allowed to swim).

So my question is, does anyone have an idea where it could lead? That isnt just some random road. Its a really big road that goes further than the map shows us
    Pretty much Kul tiras (Interesting development then) and/or Vash'jr... Depending on how "up" in the map kul tiras is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post

Pretty much Kul tiras (Interesting development then) and/or Vash'jr... Depending on how "up" in the map kul tiras is.
    That road was built pre-sundering. Kul'tiras didnt really exist back then, did it?

My first guess was Well of Eternity, but I cant puzzle it together like that. Maybe vashjir, whatever it was before the sundering (idk enough about that). Maybe wherever the fuck nzoth/queen azshara is? Maybe Thal'Dranath and its coming in a BFA patch rather than legion because it fits way better into BFA?

Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2018-02-13 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    That road was built pre-sundering. Kul'tiras didnt really exist back then, did it?

My first guess was Well of Eternity, but I cant puzzle it together like that. Maybe vashjir, whatever it was before the sundering (idk enough about that). Maybe wherever the fuck nzoth/queen azshara is? Maybe Thal'Dranath and its coming in a BFA patch rather than legion because it fits way better into BFA?
    The well is north slightly west of zandalar. Sure kul tiras is post sundering, but befoire it belonged to the whole continent. So I intended whatever was in those lands back then. Black empire stuff, first choice.
    Or yes, something near wherever the fuck n'zoth is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This would also back the idea of more "minor" old gods present in the beginning, consumed by their big brothers or some, like hidden away.
    If that would be the case, I wouldn't be surprised if only a multitude of "minor" Old Gods existed in the beginning and those who survived and devoured the rest of their brethren grown into the 4 "big" Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If that would be the case, I wouldn't be surprised if only a multitude of "minor" Old Gods existed in the beginning and those who survived and devoured the rest of their brethren grown into the 4 "big" Old Gods.
    Exactly. Only G'huun can give us the answer, we have to understand if he was an artificial being (as stated during blizzcon), or was something that existed and was experimented on (as the alpha dialogues seem to suggest).

Actually is smart headcanon... The idea is not bad, nor stupid. The big 4 could've landed in such state in azeroth, starting parasiting the planet, until they grew in the flesh mountains we know they were. Perhaps it's not, and G'huun form is only his own, but it's not bad as concept.
    I really like this idea. I like to think that Void lords literally sprouted unknown number of what we now know as Old Gods as parasite seeds across the universe. It's cool concept that ones that grew strongest on Azeroth is what we now know as Yogg Saron, C'thun, N'zoth and Y'shaarj. G'huun could be one of those early stage parasites that titans artificially grew bigger and stronger to experiment on it or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Iso'rath in Twilight Highlands (the colossal mouth in the ground with the giant tentacles) is also one of these 'other Old Gods'?

The story implies that Iso wasn't at full strength after being summoned from the depths. And we've never gotten a definitive answer about what exactly they are (there are 2 or 3 more in Dragon Soul surrounding Wyrmrest Temple. Speaking of which, do we have any idea about what happened in Dragon Blight after the events of Dragon Soul? Did the 3 Maws die or retreat underground? Are they still there? Seems like a pretty big deal that we just kind of walked away from).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    What if Iso'rath in Twilight Highlands (the colossal mouth in the ground with the giant tentacles) is also one of these 'other Old Gods'?

The story implies that Iso wasn't at full strength after being summoned from the depths. And we've never gotten a definitive answer about what exactly they are (there are 2 or 3 more in Dragon Soul surrounding Wyrmrest Temple. Speaking of which, do we have any idea about what happened in Dragon Blight after the events of Dragon Soul? Did the 3 Maws die or retreat underground? Are they still there? Seems like a pretty big deal that we just kind of walked away from).
    Good point. And remember the frozen throne, where arthas fought a "forgotten one?" resembling c'thun? What the hell was that? As far as I know, we never received a clear answer, and iso'rath and friends have been called by some players (dunno if even in game by npcs) forgotten ones as well. They maybe be lesser old gods, enslaved by the big 4. This has always been for me a very open topic which was never clarified, since the frozen throne.

So my question is, does anyone have an idea where it could lead? That isnt just some random road. Its a really big road that goes further than the map shows us.

https://i.imgur.com/AonOJ6B.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/iFuYzyQ.jpg
    You know were it goes. To the Dragonblight's Titan road. The Path of the Titans. No, seriously the roads are quite alike.

Titan freeways...for Titan Tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    The way I see it is that Darian and co led an inital assault on Naxx, but left after killing the four horseman (as detailed in the comics), then our characters go in and finish off Kel'thuzad
    However they don't because Kel'thuzad goes to Light's Hope Chapel with an army, Darian sacrifices himself to stop them and then we see Kel'Thuzad and Darian in Naxxramas together. Later on we know that Naxx is still in the plaguelands in the Death Knight starting experience and doesn't leave until Darian turns on the Scourge.

Our characters didn't really exist in the lore until very much later. Adventurers did this and that, but the really big stuff is more faction related or certain characters like Varian killing Onyxia. It isn't really until much later when our characters actually become canonized do we start getting credit for stuff. A lot of people complained when we didn't get the lore credit for things, but the lore is better when random adventurers aren't getting credit for killing powerful baddies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Any reason you think Y'shaarj? He was the one plucked from Azeroth, almost destroying the planet when Aman'thul did so.

I think it'd be interesting if he was an amalgam of most of them (except Y'shaarj and N'zoth), especially since some of their corpses are just hanging out in their prisons. But who knows!
    I think Y'Shaarj since he was the only Old God killed by the Pantheon. During the immediate time afterwards, it would make sense for the Pantheon to experiment directly on its remains, instead of experimenting on a live (imprisoned) subject such as the other 3 Old Gods and accidentally release them.

What if, in the course of there experiments on the dead remains of Y'Shaarj, they ended up trying to make their own creation? A amalgamation of Void and Arcane (or titan magic, whatever) under the pretense of fighting "fire with fire" so to speak in their crusade to bring order to the universe? Instead something goes horribly wrong and they create G'huun instead.

I don't know, just spit balling here.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I think Y'Shaarj since he was the only Old God killed by the Pantheon. During the immediate time afterwards, it would make sense for the Pantheon to experiment directly on its remains, instead of experimenting on a live (imprisoned) subject such as the other 3 Old Gods and accidentally release them.

What if, in the course of there experiments on the dead remains of Y'Shaarj, they ended up trying to make their own creation? A amalgamation of Void and Arcane (or titan magic, whatever) under the pretense of fighting "fire with fire" so to speak in their crusade to bring order to the universe? Instead something goes horribly wrong and they create G'huun instead.

I don't know, just spit balling here.
    I like the flavor of your spit balling. Then again, I'm partial to anything with an OG theme.

Your Y'shaarj theory makes sense seeing as they have his, um, corpse somewhere.

much of the Zandalari empire fell into the sea, but before that happened, their empire was huge. I would assume and hope that there's tons of submerged ruins all around the island, even more not that the island started to sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Azshara on Azerite and N’zoth juice > lab rat Old God that’s been locked up for thousands of years with Loa helping us

See how easy that was?
    ...Well shit, i just now realized Azshara probably will use Azerite to hell and back as a Well of Eternity substitute, that was pretty much the reason she was considered strong back then, so Azerite could make up for it together with Old God juice...

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the prospect that G'huun was an accidental Old God related creation of the Titans to be really fascinating. If he's simply a lesser known Old God that didn't have the spotlight the way the big four did, that's alright too and it means we could have any number of beasts like him going forwards, but I think the experiment angle was a more creative one to explore.