Poll: Do you like or dislike changes to *leveling speed* in 7.3.5?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Changes to *leveling speed* in 7.3.5 - good or bad? (Final word)

We had a poll on leveling changes overall before, but it had way too many options and it was asking for an opinion on a slightly different question, so here is a more focused poll, hopefully the final one.

Let's get several things out of the way:

1. Leveling got slower. This is undisputable.

2. The poll is not asking your opinion about all changes to leveling taken together. Ie, being able to select zones to level in more freely is welcome, everyone agrees on that, the poll is not asking about that. The poll is asking about a very specific thing - do you like or dislike nerfs to XP and buffs to mob HP (including in instances) which, together, make leveling slower.

Vote away and if you are feeling like substantiating why specifically you are voting the way you do, please do so.

Dungeon xp and heirlooms should be buffed massively because i won't touch any alts until they can level properly.

Zone scaling is really great for people that are new or just want to go through the story for whatever reason and i'd like to see them add the option to have max lvl chars scale down to the level of the zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like by far most of the changes in 7.3.5, like 90% of them, but i would also say, that there is still work to be done.

I won't say that the leveling is slow atm, but it is inconsistant and i think that is what they should focus on. Like, i think that after lvl 20, every 10 lvl up to lvl 100 should take just about the same time and having big jumps in the amount of EXP the quests gives are not good. They should all steadily increase as the EXP requirements increase. If that was in place, many of my problems with 7.3.5 leveling would be fixed.

There are also alot of mob bugs atm and Blizzard are not fixing them at all. It feels like they implemented the leveling changes and then just left the experience completly alone. This is the wrong attitude in my opnion and they should really have quarterly updates going for the leveling experience going forward, constantly improving the experience and fixing the issues that comes up after such a huge change.

The leveling experience is super good right now and Blizz needs to hold onto these changes and not return to the bad of the past. Look at what is going good and improve. Look at what is going bad and rework.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Ah snap, I though it was a decent POLL not a biased one but hey it is RDA my fault.

7.3.5 levelling changes are a mix of : exp nerf from heirlooms, exp boost from quest, hp increase of mobs, scaling zone and more freedom of choice where to level.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2018-02-13 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The leveling experience is super good right now ...
    I disagree.

Scaling made some things better, but it was implemented in a half-assed way and so it made some things worse as well. Two examples of the latter:

1. Items of same ilvl frequently vary in stats wildly. Item of a lower ilvl can be much more powerful than item of a bigger ilvl. This was somewhat the case before, but scaling everywhere exacerbates the problem hugely.

2. When you level up, you get weaker, not stronger. This is completely idiotic.

There are numerous other issues, some incredibly stupid, and some of them they have already fixed (unsoloable raid bosses is a good example). Overall, it is a very raw feature that went live with very little testing and had very little thought behind it in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Ah snap, I though it was a decent POLL not a biased one but hey it is RDA my fault.
    What's wrong? What should I have done differently? Genuinely curious.

Are you contesting that leveling got slower? What is it?

Not bothering to level a new character now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I disagree.

Scaling made some things better, but it was implemented in a half-assed way and so it made some things worse as well. Two examples of the latter:

1. Items of same ilvl frequently vary in stats wildly. Item of a lower ilvl can be much more powerful than item of a bigger ilvl. This was somewhat the case before, but scaling everywhere exacerbates the problem hugely.

There are numerous other issues, some incredibly stupid, and some of them they have already fixed (unsoloable raid bosses is a good example). Overall, it is a very raw feature that went live with very little testing and had very little thought behind it in general.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm contesting the bias in making the thread focused on "do you like levelling slower, forget other change regarding lvelling in 7.3.5" pretty biased.

The poll is not asking your opinion about all changes to leveling taken together
    This invalidate the poll.

Mod can close this thread? ty

- - - Updated - - -

Also making YES/NO is the correct way to ask, not YES/NO/IDC because IDC is basically a bland "yes" but you need to force NO because you are biased.

7.3.5 levelling changes are a mix of : exp nerf from heirlooms, exp boost from quest, hp increase of mobs, scaling zone and more freedom of choice where to level.
    You are nicely piling up both good and bad changes together to try and sell them as a whole.

Stop doing that, they aren't a whole. Blizzard could have done just the good changes and left the bad changes out.

The poll is about nerfs to XP and buffs to mob HP. Your imaginary "exp boost from quest" is not exactly a boost and it is part of "scaling zone and more freedom of choice where to level". This change is good, thank you Blizzard for doing it, but this does not change that other changes they did were bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm contesting the bias in making the thread focused on "do you like levelling slower, forget other change regarding lvelling in 7.3.5" pretty biased.
    Leveling got slower. This is undisputable.

Changes to leveling speed are completely separate from scaling zones. They could have absolutely scaled zones without buffing mob HP and nerfing XP on top of it. I argue they should have done just that.

Look up what the word 'bias' means in the dictionary.

Deleted
    Last Poll regarding 7.3.5 levelling.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

144 yes vs 99 no

so basically mmo c is fine with the changes, case closed

Last Poll regarding 7.3.5 levelling.

144 yes vs 99 no

so basically mmo c is fine with the changes, case closed
    That poll was asking about leveling changes as "a whole". This lacks focus. Hence this new poll.

Deleted
    No it doesn't because the changes are a "whole" not "rda cherry pick because he dislike levelling slower"

144 yes vs 99 no

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

1: The items thing is a wierd option, because in the leveling of lvl 1-80/90, i did not really feel like gear mattered at all. Ofcourse you had to have gear, but i could easily go without a gear upgrade for 10-20 lvls and still be completly functional when it comes to killing mobs.
    I will at somewhat agree, that items start scaling insanely wierd in WoD and Legion, but before that, the items are fine and feel rather unimportant in my opnion.

2: What do you mean with that? Because i have not meet a single time, where i dealt less dmg by leveling up. Sure, the mobs get harder when you go into a new expansion, especially WoD, but that is to be expected. If that was not the case, you would found the leveling experience get more and more boring.

Overall, i will agree that is a raw feature right now. Just as i stated in the post before, they need to come back again and again, and take a look on the leveling experience and keep improving it if they want it to be a total succes. That said : It still works really well. The scaling works, it allows smoothe leveling and allows you to do questline to completion. If you look at the main purposes of the leveling changes, they succeded in that area.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This invalidate the poll.

Mod can close this thread? ty

Also making YES/NO is the correct way to ask, not YES/NO/IDC because IDC is basically a bland "yes" but you need to force NO because you are biased.
    Lmao, are you afraid to see the truth? You wanted a poll so badly, you got it.

I remember you were spreading bs in another thread:
    Because on dozen of poll regarding 7.3.5 people seems to appreciate it so get over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shufflez View Post
    Lmao, are you afraid to see the truth? You wanted a poll so badly, you got it.

I remember you were spreading bs in another thread:
    144 yes vs 99 no

happy dumbo?

ah well 1 post from a fake, classic trash troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    2: What do you mean with that? Because i have not meet a single time, where i dealt less dmg by leveling up. Sure, the mobs get harder when you go into a new expansion, especially WoD, but that is to be expected. If that was not the case, you would found the leveling experience get more and more boring.
    This happens all the time when you are playing a spec where a big portion of the damage comes from secondary stats. You are level X, fighting mobs that are level X. Your 100 crit translate into 5% crit, your 200 mastery translate into whatever percentage it is for mastery, etc. Then you level up to X+1 and mobs level up to X+1 and get more health, and your main stat increased a bit, but you still have the same 100 crit and this now translates into 4.5% crit, same for mastery, etc. This all happens in the same zone, you go hand in a couple of quests, level up and bam, it now takes longer to kill the same mobs.

For some specs it is perhaps less noticeable than for others, but you always get weaker due to inverse scaling for ratings, it is just a matter of how significant the effect is.

--snip--
    144 yes vs 99 no

happy dumbo?

ah well 1 post from a fake, classic trash troll.
    But you said dozens of polls and "people seem to appreciate it", so people = 50 % of the population while the rest are monkeys?

I haven't touched this account in ages(sorry that I don't have 1k+ posts), but I had to reply after reading all of your biased comments regarding leveling in 7.3.5.

//EDIT: Sorry, Shad. Take care.
    Last edited by Shufflez; 2018-02-13 at 02:42 PM.

I feel like the people who actually like the new leveling experience have either:

1) Only leveled to like 45
    2) Did not level a non-hunter ranged spec

I was leveling a fire mage and it was fine up until mid 40s - the mobs get a steep spike in HP/damage, takes like 15 seconds to kill one. I'll be doing the dungeon leveling from now on. It's not that it's hard, it's just not fun and is tedious. Mobs should do more damage/have unique abilities - not be damage sponges.

Plus, I have full heirlooms and every class at 110 - I don't want to level again, but I do want the heritage armor. I don't see why blizz can't just un-nerf the heirlooms. You can still finish zones because they scale, you're just not bogged down by the slog.

Inb4 you should have to "work" for that gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new changes to speed. Before, was just feeling detached and dull due to the sheer speed one could level.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    This happens all the time when you are playing a spec where a big portion of the damage comes from secondary stats. You are level X, fighting mobs that are level X. Your 100 crit translate into 5% crit, your 200 mastery translate into whatever percentage it is for mastery, etc. Then you level up to X+1 and mobs level up to X+1 and get more health, and your main stat increased a bit, but you still have the same 100 crit and this now translates into 4.5% crit, same for mastery, etc. This all happens in the same zone, you go hand in a couple of quests, level up and bam, it now takes longer to kill the same mobs.

For some specs it is perhaps less noticeable than for others, but you always get weaker due to inverse scaling for ratings, it is just a matter of how significant the effect is.
    Okay, i get that experience. Have seen it affect my dmg a couple of times, but it is really a matter of a few secs in kill time at max. Me having 10% crit vs 7% crit is really not gonna make much a diffirence and since gear scales, i rarely get to feel its effect before i start getting gear, that returns me to the 10% lvl again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an altoholic. I've done the same damned quests over and over across multiple servers and accounts as both Horde and Alliance since 1.1. There's nothing new to see, but the carrot on a stick for us at this point is ... sigh, leveling the new races to unlock their armor. Rah. That means four new grinds at present, two more later on, and however many more they add later. So, see the same clunky leftovers from Cata not one or two times, but at least six. As "fun" this rates up there with root canals and colonoscopy.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.