Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Let's see how many appreciate it vs how many don't:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-(Final-word)
    Fantastic idea, was wondering to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Because as a troll you don't care for the sake of the discussion but just to spread your logical fallacies, just like any other troll in this site.

Also avoid to retro-edit post thinking that nobody will notice because

" Huge amount of negative feedback " is pure shit without any link or proof, also because usually those "feedback" are from people who didn't even levelled a toon or got the same path

Op post = negative feedback with strawman argument s
    2nd post = debunk op post
    Other posts = positive feedback and qol suggestions
    Not a troll at all and I'm happy to discuss this with you.
    I also editid my post just seconds after I wrote it, fixing a few things such as misspelled words and the like.

You do not agree with me and for some reason what I think gets you mad as heck. I can't help you with that as I'm not going to shut up just becuase you say so.

If you don't like different opinions then maybe the internet is not for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope because I finished to level all my toons during WOD using boost paid with golds.

And my main was levelled during Vanilla so I'm sorry but your tentative is futile.
    So whats the point then?

I actually think there needs to be more complaints as it's not a solid change.

It's just not good. I can't say I've ever really been amazed at the leveling in wow but it's something we had to do especially so when it comes to alts and running content over and over. It' doesn't need to take longer. I enjoy the dungeons, the raiding, the end game and the PVP. The leveling and questing I like to get through ASAP. Making it take longer at this point pretty much sucks.

If gamers want to do it and enjoy it, thats fine but there needs to be alternatives than just slow ass level and questing like we used to have and it not have so much added time. There is no way this was blizzard only options in design.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-02-13 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    People that don't care about the lore and quests of a game shouldn't be playing that game.
    Who told you to decide how I enjoy the game? Why do I have to care about lore, I've played several games over the years, the only games which story I've cared about was the wolf among us, as I needed to care. WoW is a game with GAMEPLAY, I enjoy the gameplay at max level. But I hate the leveling gameplay when questing. Questing is boring press your main ability 10 times and a mob dies. do this forever. and you win. Cant lose, cant min max.

I enjoy mythic content as it provides me with a challenge, that you yourself will never be able to do with that attitude of, if I dont like what he says, he is wrong.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post
    Me personally i will complain all i want

The leveling feel and its so slow now, that is 1000% truth.

BTW 98 same thread.
    I don't think that's how truth works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is the foundation of this game, I got bored before spamming dungeon after dungeon. Least now you have to go out in the real world and experience what millions of dollars has gone into develop.

I for one have enjoyed the new leveling experience, so what if things hit harder and take more than 1 second to die. Ive experienced so many joys in the last few weeks, from watching noobs running in pulling 8-10 mobs and dying as they didn't want me to kill them, and then stupidly returning doing the same thing over and over again. we are experiencing and finishing zones that we haven't quested or leveled in years!!! if your this bitter about it dont do it. go play the hundreds of capped toons you should already have and put your hand in your pocket for a 110 boost if you hate it THAT much!
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Lol blizz just can't win. You think this leveling is bad you should of played classic back in the day.
    Sure they can, leave leveling as it currently is and add a way for people to level faster who want to level faster.

Now you got your peeps who like the new system leveling slow as tar and peeps who don't like it leveling quick.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I've really enjoyed the new leveling so far, only annoying thing I've come across is how glitchy the last few quests in Redridge have become.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you're complaining about them complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes, removing leveling would certainly be the biggest change of the game. But still, compare 2004 and 2018 WoW, and it's very different even though the leveling part remain the same.

I just find it frustrating, and this is not directed toward you specifically, that people dismiss the idea of removing leveling instantly. Change is naturally scary to many people, but to be so very, very conservative is not good either.

I fail to see many arguments why we could not change the leveling experience drastically or even remove it, other than "it's always been a leveling game". Clinging on to the past is not a valid point if you ask me.

Another example, take the Zelda games. They have changed drastically over the year, they have a 2D adventure game, a 2D sidescroller, 3D adventure games etc etc, and some games have been very linear and some have not. The latest addition Breath of the Wild is an open world game, that reminds me more of GTA or obviously Skyrim than previous games. Change has proved welcomed here.

Yes, Zelda is a franshise and WoW is a game, BUT since WoW is such a big game, with so much to do, it is more like "many games in one" than just one game. The change from Warcraft 3 to WoW was welcomed. It might be time for a new Warcraft game, but I don't think it's happening, so to chance WoW drastically and to make an inofficial WoW 2 within WoW is not crazy if you ask me.

Leveling should not ever be taken out of an mmo for many different reasons.

1st) it introduces people to their class, and their abilities at a pace good for learning, (although maybe an increase in difficult is really what is needed to make it effective since gameplay changes drastically at cap. More hp on mobs to practice rotations is a fantastic change imho).

2) Although not important to certain players, Story is one of the defining features of an mmo, Questing sets up the world, and gives you a reason as to why you grow as a character and become very powerful. This is Intrinsic to RPG's. That is why you can't really have one without it.

As for a wow 2, I would welcome that, it would be a way to clean slate us and start fresh, however With how much work that have been putting into WoW with updated models and graphics, I doubt that is coming.

WoW definitely shouldn't last on this engine for as long as it did... but.. here we are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Who told you to decide how I enjoy the game? Why do I have to care about lore, I've played several games over the years, the only games which story I've cared about was the wolf among us, as I needed to care. WoW is a game with GAMEPLAY, I enjoy the gameplay at max level. But I hate the leveling gameplay when questing. Questing is boring press your main ability 10 times and a mob dies. do this forever. and you win. Cant lose, cant min max.

I enjoy mythic content as it provides me with a challenge, that you yourself will never be able to do with that attitude of, if I dont like what he says, he is wrong.
    Understand that is just your opinion on leveling, Your opinion that leveling is boring does not mean that it should change or become inconsequential. WoW is probably the fastest leveling to cap out of any mmo, They are going back to the core values of the type of game that they originally built. The type of game you joined when you purchased the game, and the type of game that you subscribed to. You are free to voice your opinion, But my opinion is that this is the step in the right direction for a game that lost its identity long ago.

My very best memories of the game are great memories not because of the hardcore raiding I did, but from the social aspect of overcoming a challenge with friend, or fun in game moments between players, I'm ok with anything that steers the game back towards that. Raiding isn't going anywhere you know. But the game outside of raiding is important too.

Because naive/narrow minded clowns don't realise that different people have different ideas.

If you wanna level through this out-dated dull content that slow, then great - give you the option.
    If you wanna get through it as quick as humanly possible then give heirlooms huge exp buffs.

Then again, way more boosts will be getting purchased because of it so win win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Because naive/narrow minded clowns don't realise that different people have different ideas.

If you wanna level through this out-dated dull content that slow, then great - give you the option.
    If you wanna get through it as quick as humanly possible then give heirlooms huge exp buffs.

Then again, way more boosts will be getting purchased because of it so win win for them.
    Exactly, it would be that easy. Buff the % XP gain on heirlooms, then everyone has the choice to level fast or (7.3.5) normal speed.

Blizzard's reasoning behind the new leveling system was that new players should have a good leveling experience, right? They are not affected by heirlooms, and yet heirlooms were still nerfed.

The actual reason must simply be that Blizz wants people to either buy boosts or spend more time playing in the end of this expansion. I don't understand why some people are defending this act?

Scaling zones was needed (still work in progress), mob health increase was needed, but not that big of an increase.
    Increase in exp. per level was not really needed, nor was the heirloom nerf, nor was the RAF nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Making it slower when theres more levels to grind out than ever before is retarded as fuck.
    I've done it many times before, I've seen all this stuff over and over and over.
    Agree to disagree. Having done the same quests over and over is not an exemption from having to do them again to level a new toon. Like every expansion I've leveled a new character. I vividly remember 30-40 in desolace back in BC on my draenei enhance shaman with corpsemaker 2h axe and windfury. Running up to centaur mobs and sometimes triple windfury critting them for 900 damage X3 each and dead in 1-2 swings + stormstrike, but usually it still took a while to kill a single mob. Big pulls were dangerous on anything but a tank spec. Can't really say I dread having to spend time on a new toon I want to play. That's the entire purpose of heirlooms, sure the stats are on par with other gear but it's the experience boost that makes them worthwhile. It's a reward for hitting max level and having the virtual income to spare. You don't get free boosts just because and probably the most important meant to teach players how to play the class from it's core.

Far too many players have no idea how to watch a youtube video and learn fights, learn their rotation and why they work in different scenarios, not aggro while tank is pulling or how to tank or heal. even pulls became a thing of the past. All of the dungeons I ran prior to scaling were pure gogogogogo mentality because you could expect 4 dps + 1 heals and that would have been optimal. The first dungeon I did after scaling the tank got SOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad because he couldn't pull the entire room and blamed the lack of healing output for a level 63 priest in a wotlk scaled dungeon instead of realizing that his health was bouncing from full to almost dead every few seconds. Yeah dungeons aren't worth the time for the amount of experience anymore compared to questing but I love how strong the elite mobs are again. Like how in most games you can buy/craft good gear or go out and find the best gear, except now the gear is at most 2 points better than what you already have.

People don't even loot mobs because those 2 seconds it takes to pick up some coins and mats are pennies compared to max level content. One of the valuable lessons my dad taught me is to always pick up a penny when you see one on the floor, and he's rich. The type of person it takes to sit down for a few hours and put in work to get a reward is becoming a rare thing. Like Dennis Hoffman's character in the movie Hook, "He took my toy! He hit my bear! I want a party! I want a cookie! I want, I want, I want, me, me, me, me, mine, mine, mine, mine, now, now, now!"

I just figured out how to grind Neltharion's Lair normal for 250 Highmountain rep and went from 15000 to exalted last night. I'm gonna go level up my new Canadian druid now.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to add that subscribers peaked during WotLK and then dropped substantially during Cata. Easier content is not always better.

Fantastic idea, was wondering to do the same.
    I think the results of the poll (about fifty-fifty currently, slightly more vote that they dislike changes to leveling speed now, but let's leave it for a couple of days) show quite clearly that the changes are, at the very least, NOT universally appreciated. They are controversial. Again, at the very least.

I'm more piss off because they nerf the heirlooms to the ground. I work very hard to get those heirlooms over the years and now they turned this into crap.

If some people want to live the leveling experience with all the stories, thats fine, don't use heirlooms but if some other people don't care, don't tell us how to play our game, we will use our heirlooms that we worked for.

You don't like it, then don't use it,
    not because you don't like it that everyone should not like it, you bunch of fucking communist snowflakes

60 hours? 6 allied races = 360 hours, we know more allied races are coming maybe by the end of BfA 10 allied races.

yo anyone got 600 spare hours to level these allied races? rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    60 hours? 6 allied races = 360 hours, we know more allied races are coming maybe by the end of BfA 10 allied races.

Uh, you know that the game doesn't requires you to level every single race and/or class they release right?
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

Is that some sort of existential need? The only two allied races I give a flying fuck about so far are Void Elf and Nightborne and since I am Alliance player this means Nightborne go right off the window. That's 2 out of 6 known, then we have Maghar Orcs - irrelevant and some X race that may be Wildhammer in which case fuck that.

For bloody most people out or those 10 allied races maybe 2-3 per side will be something they would even consider if class allows to boot. Then maybe 2 will have actual decent heritage armor worth leveling for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    Maybe questing feels like a breath of fresh air to you but not all people enjoy questing as much as dungeons. At the end of the day, options have been taken away and that shouldn't be celebrated. The forced path may suit some and lucky for you if it does but lots of people are unhappy and that needs to be listened to.
    Some one with a brain, was about to take the insulting route to get to these braindead zombies... Seriously CHEERS!!

You are complaining too much about us complaining about new leveling. Waste 60 hours just to unlock actual game? No thanks.
    Just accept it, leveling is pointless waste of time and should have been made optional years ago.
    Simple 2 buttons on character creation screen would have fixed all problems: start from lvl 1 (for idiots that love to waste theirs time on leveling) and start from max current expansion level (for those who only care about what happens at max level).
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-02-13 at 06:08 PM.