Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except they are likely not ready for that, because it would need to happen in around 1-2 month then. So if they want to use a drought, it will be the one after BfA.
    It'll probably be after the next raid tier, in the next expansion, has been out for a month or two and most of the top guilds have gotten their Cutting Edge...

This will get streamers happy as their audience gets bored of them farming the same raid for the 8th week in a row. Streamers are free marketing for Blizz. Keep streamers happy with content and that's free advertisement.

At least from a business perspective, if I were in charge, that's how I would play it.

They could also use it to derail another games launch or expansion as Blizzard is known to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I disagree. Plenty of people will be helping people unfamiliar with vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean the crowd on forums or actually IG? If you have done any private servers they are pretty chill.
    I have, while I officially started in wrath I joined free server long before then. I was not allowed to play wow in my younger days. And since then I have played plenty of Free servers. And all my first impressions where. While not as toxic as League of Legends it is a close second. After the 20th free server getting told to commit suicide because I did not know how to play my warrior well enough for their standards. I got tired of that group. Regular wow while also a whiney bunch at least don't threaten with bodily harm, and if they did my reports most likely got heard cause I never saw them again (this was before group finder). Yes, I was a shitty player in my youth, and looking back on how I played I was a drain on my teammates. But when people would rather mentally abuse someone over helping them become better. That is not the community I keep hearing so often about.

And then the forums ever since the statement to release vanilla. It is one zoo after another. A Bunch of people that can simply not agree on anything. And are hostile the second you say something that is not to their liking. I will play vanilla wow. As a Dwarf Priest together with my IRL friends. Our aim will be to do all dungeons and all raids in the game. Not fast and not slow, but at a rather relaxed pace. And we are going to ignore the most of these so-called vanilla free server players. And then help newer players the ways we never were.

But I am a realist. There will not be many of us and I see most people be complete douchebags for the most part.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

The best time would be to release it in the lull at the end of BfA when they're not going to be adding any more.
    @Nevcairiel

Yes before Bfa might be too soon, but end of Bfa might be too far ahead and blizzard does not reveal things lightly, if they had planned the release to be that far away then they would have revealed it during next blizzcon instead of the one that happened recently.

I do not hold the answers about the release date, but I do know for a fact that blizzard will always choose the most profit yielding result.

Logic states before Bfa would be ideal for profit, but if that is too soon maybe mid Bfa? I honestly hope it isn't released at the end of bfa cause not only would it be illogical but it would affect the hype negatively which in turn affects profit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm most excited for the responses of those who have never played vanilla as they come to a strong realisation about it.

Also looking forward to visiting Auberdine again
    Lol what? The only reason anyone who hasn't played vanilla has high hopes at all for vanilla is because all of the vanilla fan boys blow their loads over it all day. The real excitement is going to come from all of the vanilla fan boys that realize just how tedious vanilla really was, how much they prefer release, and how much of an improvement it really is.

Cue the tears please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Could this footage have been captured years ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...ervers-trailer

In the video above you may very well be seeing your first glimpse of Classic WoW. Who else is excited?
    It is interesting indeed why they would tweet this video now. Maybe it's about classic (not sure what else it could be about, but perhaps there are other variants).

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It is interesting indeed why they would tweet this video now. Maybe it's about classic (not sure what else it could be about, but perhaps there are other variants).
    It's about the 13th anniversary of WoW in Europe. Since there's no gameplay in the video it could have come from some of their environment modeling software from anytime in the last decade. I can't remember when exactly but I've seen this same clip some years in the past. Perhaps it's from an alpha server, perhaps not. There's no absolute way to know.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Could this footage have been captured years ago anyway.
    The shadows are different from previous vanilla builds.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's about the 13th anniversary of WoW in Europe. Since there's no gameplay in the video it could have come from some of their environment modeling software from anytime in the last decade. I can't remember when exactly but I've seen this same clip some years in the past. Perhaps it's from an alpha server, perhaps not. There's no absolute way to know.
    Got it. That's not about classic then. It doesn't really matter where the footage is from, what matters is why post it now (and you provided the reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Lol what? The only reason anyone who hasn't played vanilla has high hopes at all for vanilla is because all of the vanilla fan boys blow their loads over it all day. The real excitement is going to come from all of the vanilla fan boys that realize just how tedious vanilla really was, how much they prefer release, and how much of an improvement it really is.

Cue the tears please.
    Real "Vanilla fan boys", as you call them, knows exactly what Vanilla really was. They already have played on private servers since then. Majority of them probably dont play as much anymore on current wow. I dont think they care about the "improvement" of current. You talk about another generation of Wow players. They played the game in a different way and are expecting something they didnt find anymore in Wow 7.0.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Lol what?
    The real excitement is going to come from all of the vanilla fan boys that realize just how tedious vanilla really was, how much they prefer release, and how much of an improvement it really is.
    Lol that.

Pretty much what I said.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Can't wait for old STV bloodbaths

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There we go. Just as I expected.
    If you actually read the article you'd see where they pointed out why it's not Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Lol that.

Pretty much what I said.
    I played vanilla. It was great and I'm excited for classic... But it was also shitty in a lot of ways that most people don't remember. Vanilla fan boys are going to be crying rivers while everyone else is just going to either deal with it or go play retail.
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

I played vanilla. It was great and I'm excited for classic... But it was also shitty in a lot of ways that most people don't remember. Vanilla fan boys are going to be crying rivers while everyone else is just going to either deal with it or go play retail.
    The main problem with this argument is that people have been playing Vanilla on private servers for 10+ years. This is the single biggest reason the "its just nostalgia" and fanboys dont remember how it was nonsense simply fails.

We've been playing and won't stop playing. You're the ones who actually don't have any idea of what you're talking about expect vague 10 year old memories.

The main problem with this argument is that people have been playing Vanilla on private servers for 10+ years. This is the single biggest reason the "its just nostalgia" and fanboys dont remember how it was nonsense simply fails.

We've been playing and won't stop playing. You're the ones who actually don't have any idea of what you're talking about expect vague 10 year old memories.
    Not true. I know tons of people who played extensively during vanilla and won't play on private servers... Those players are the ones who will have a rude awakening NOT the people who have never played vanilla. The people who have never played vanilla are only on the hype train because of people who fondly remember the good parts of vanilla and none of the bad. They're just going to go back to playing retail... Without shedding any tears.

They were playing on same stable server without wipes for past 10 years? because otherwise i dont think there are many people out there who after they kept loosing characters on private servers for years and years are still not bored with the same content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Can't wait for old STV bloodbaths
    Hopefully there will be at least one pve server.

Otherwise this whole vanilla show is worth shit

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    They were playing on same stable server without wipes for past 10 years? because otherwise i dont think there are many people out there who after they kept loosing characters on private servers for years and years are still not bored with the same content
    I can only speak for myself but I've been playing on private vanilla servers since 2012-2013ish and still enjoying myself. Only lived thru 1 character wipe though with Feenix shutdown 4 years ago.

I guess I may be the definitin of insanity
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis