Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Yeah but...

"Templar's Strike
    40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires Paladin
    Blast an enemy from range with a hammer of light for (22.94% of Attack power) Holy damage. Generates 1 Holy Power.

Replaces Crusader Strike."

Gotta cast to use it, gross.
    This looks like it could be for Holy, if memory serves they still have crusader strike as holy. Maybe they are trying to play with the idea of a Shockadin type thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    This looks like it could be for Holy, if memory serves they still have crusader strike as holy. Maybe they are trying to play with the idea of a Shockadin type thing?
    But the ability says it generates 1 holy power , so unless holy is getting holy power back or its an error, its probably rets or an npcs lul.

I don't like either of those 2 abilities.

Crusader Strike doesn't have 2 charges anymore or?

edit: i was wrong
    Last edited by Tyze; 2018-02-10 at 08:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, a cast time ability for melee is terrible. Our cast time abilities of old were some of the first things to get changed when they decided to make us a real melee dps class. Exorcism cast time was removed, though iirc correctly it was first a proc that made it instant, but then they just made it baseline instant. All this talk about Hammer of Wrath, it used to have a cast time too.

Having to cast as a melee screws up the rotation, swing timers, and is just plain bad. By making it do so much dmg that we are enticed to use it is also bad. It's a bandaid fix to what has already been fixed. Like, I simply dont understand how they can think this is good? Sure, there has been a lot of outcry to go back to old abilities and spells...but no one has asked for a cast time ability! No one is asking for that to come back, in fact, we all clamored about how bad it was way back when.

This is the first thing I've seen from BfA. If this is indeed a ret ability, I'm already angry about the state of Ret. goddamnit.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    Huh... interesting. At least they are trying something.

I didn't like DH, TV and DS to have been deactivated. I guess it may be another redesign... for better or worse.

Don't worry about the cast spell. It's probably a pvp thing.

Don’t forget that while the ability has been in the database for 2 alpha builds now (as well as the judgement strike one) we may never see it on test servers. It could get modified to something else or just cut entirely.

I think having a tier that modified CS is interesting. I also wouldn’t mind seeing ranged abilities back if the mobility issue is remaining the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrill View Post
    But the ability says it generates 1 holy power , so unless holy is getting holy power back or its an error, its probably rets or an npcs lul.
    Holy is a Holy Power user currently... Was this removed in BfA Alpha? I didn't see...
    You might have gotten confused with Prot. They don't have Holy Power anymore...

Madness will consume you!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Holy is a Holy Power user currently... Was this removed in BfA Alpha? I didn't see...
    You might have gotten confused with Prot. They don't have Holy Power anymore...
    They removed holy power from Holy with legion. Only ret has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Hmm, then I must be blind...playing Holy and never seen any holy power in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    They removed holy power from Holy with legion. Only ret has it.
    Well, fuck me.... I have only specced Holy for the artifact questline... That was long ago... Didn't remember this.

Sorry for the misguided comment

Madness will consume you!!!

So given a few things and what was just posted above.

What I wanna see: Our full utility kit returned, Cleanse Magics as well as Sacrifice. Be able to be a DPS But provide needed support via Spells and Blessings.

As far as what was posted above, something big is going down in the dev heads. This may be exactly what we needed, some of you might not like the idea of a casted ability, some of us would. Maybe JUST maybe they are toying around witih play style talents as well? Just the thought they are THINKING and going to hopefully change the generic shit show we see now is going to be a boon in some form. Also, that cast looked like it has no CD, just an FYI. <___< spam cast generators.

i hope they implement something about our Mobility Damn i'm a wheelchair!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    A horse with four broken legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Why DID we lose Seals and Auras in the first place? Two mechanics that made our class unique and helped bring out the Paladin fantasy.

While other classes had their unique identities strengthened, we lost ours. Does the class dev team just hate Paladins or are they completely clueless on them?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are covered in heavy plate armor, lack of mobility makes sense don't you think.

We'll likely never see the return of talents for PvE like Pursuit of Justice and LAotL; they'll probably just rely on +Speed items or tweaking Cavalier to address speed complaints.

I'd like to see Cavalier given an AoE speed component like Roar; Cavalier lasts a bit longer and everyone nearby is "inspired" to move more quickly. They could also change Retribution to provide a Haste and Speed boost instead of the damage component.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2018-02-13 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You are covered in heavy plate armor, lack of mobility makes sense don't you think.
    You are covered in heavy plate armor and can charge twice and do a fething long Heroic Leap. Guess warrior mobility doesn't make sense.
    Should've been trimmed to our levels ain't it.

Thumbs down

Meanwhile Warriors are faster than a bullet train. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Meanwhile Warriors are faster than a bullet train. :/
    That doesn't make it less wrong. In my opinion, plate wearers should be slow moving and slow, hard hitting. I like to feel like I'm wearing plate, I actually think we should have a slower walking speed than casters.

That doesn't make it less wrong. In my opinion, plate wearers should be slow moving and slow, hard hitting. I like to feel like I'm wearing plate, I actually think we should have a slower walking speed than casters.
    Do you actually think Ret Paladins are not supposed to catch up to anyone or pose a threat to anyhting more nimble than a mountain?