Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is Aggramar really as easy as it looks?

Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult, But aggramar just feels like an oversized target dummy..

Does he have anything special to him that i just haven't noticed in the few times i've defeated him on both difficulties?

It feels like he should be harder, Begin the 10th boss in a raid and a titan, But other than some spike healing every now and then, It dosen't feel like he has any special or lethal mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggramar is pretty much just straight out easier on Normal and Heroic than Coven. There's not really any way around it.

On heroic, having to deal with the adds properly can be a trip up now and then to careless/disorganised groups because it's very easy for random single raiders to mess up your plans for CC/etc. Compared to Coven though.... yeah, it's nothing.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye. Coven is the hardest boss in there on heroic. They just straight up forgot to put mechanics in on agg and argus

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult, But aggramar just feels like an oversized target dummy..

Does he have anything special to him that i just haven't noticed in the few times i've defeated him on both difficulties?

It feels like he should be harder, Begin the 10th boss in a raid and a titan, But other than some spike healing every now and then, It dosen't feel like he has any special or lethal mechanics.
    Every boss is a cakewalk in Argus on HC and normal.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aggramar's biggest challenge is the little adds and letting them in every 20 sec.
    Should two go in together, or a large amount of time pass after debuff drops, it gets hairy quickly.
    Also, if your dps goes full tard and kills them, that can cause a pretty fun little scene.

Coven is a shitshow, Aggy is a godsend compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started doing some Heroic when I finally got some more time, both with guilds alt run and with pugs. Guild kinda breezed through, but for PuG, Coven is hardest by far, but we also struggle with High Command. Pods are a mess in pugs.

Aggramar is suprisingly easy for a 2nd last boss and as a Rogue, I didn't have to deal with adds that much (maybe Rogues do normally, but we had other CC to be prefered) and I can cloak any dangerous fire, so for me it was so smooth :P
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

coven needs more individual mechanics, aggramar needs more strategy.

basically.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

You obviously haven't done Aggramar on LFR...the horror...the horror

Quote Originally Posted by Victos View Post
    The only horror on lfr is when tanks go brain dead and just spin him around in circles.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

The RNG in Coven Hc is what makes it tougher. If you're unlucky to get the Storm of Darkness safe zones in crappy locations (especially during Army of Norgannon) it can easily kill half the raid. Agrammar on the other hand has little if no RNG so a half competent group easily walks all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The only horror on lfr is when tanks go brain dead and just spin him around in circles.
    this was common the first week due to the tank mechanics being vastly different on LFR than normal/hc. haven't ran it sense though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mellows View Post
    The RNG in Coven Hc is what makes it tougher. If you're unlucky to get the Storm of Darkness safe zones in crappy locations (especially during Army of Norgannon) it can easily kill half the raid. Agrammar on the other hand has little if no RNG so a half competent group easily walks all over him.
    It's a terrible fight for that reason. Like you said, even if you assign a path to CC the Norg adds and go that way, you might not get any safe zones near it. Then you wipe due to 100% RNG. Bad design, terrible boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Every boss is a cakewalk in Argus on HC and normal.
    Come one, this is just a typical “look at me, I am so gud“ answer without looking into the details.

Yes, Antorus is a very easy raid on normal and heroic, but you can still put it into perspective.
    From my point of view there were 4 hard bosses (compared to other HC bosses) on hc this addon: Cenarius, Helya, KJ and Coven.
    My guild (killed Hazabel mythic last week) even spend a whole evening on Coven HC before killing them. We might not be the best players, but it is clearly enough for slow mythic progression and we still had troubles with Coven. Granted, we had 8 Melees that day, but still.
    On the other hand we only needed 2 hours for Hazabel mythic first kill.
    So yes, there are hard bosses on HC and those bosses, if they are not the final boss of a tier, make the ones that come after them look weak.

Looking at the general tuning I think that not Argus and aggrammar are tuned too low but Coven too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    aggramar needs more coordination in the first phases thats the most difficult part to get everyone where he belongs and care of their add
    If you get to the last its fucking ez and you can do it with half the raid alive if you have enough healers living and dds that know when to use def cds

Did it 3 times, all kills without problems. Is there even a add mechanic in LFR?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ye. Coven is the hardest boss in there on heroic. They just straight up forgot to put mechanics in on agg and argus
    Funny thing is, Coven on mythic is actually easier due to the order of Torments being set in stone rather than being random. Hardest thing about the fight is the Aman'thul adds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Did it 3 times, all kills without problems. Is there even a add mechanic in LFR?
    Same as normal, you just kill them and they don't respawn.

When Aggramar opened on lfr many people already did him on normal and most tanks expect foe breaker except it never comes and they get flame rend to the face and get 1 shot.

I find agrammar to be the hardest fight in heroic as it asked people to cc when they haven't card in years and requires a death knight to grip at the right times.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Funny thing is, Coven on mythic is actually easier due to the order of Torments being set in stone rather than being random. Hardest thing about the fight is the Aman'thul adds.

Not to mention on mythic you can expect a certain degree of competence, which means you'll likely have someone CC'ing every side of norg adds, rather than just random stuns/roots/single CC's thrown out on heroic. That way despite the storm always overlapping with Norg adds, you are 100% safe in the middle because all 4 sides are stopped from moving. If you did the same on heroic, it wouldn't be RNG whether you'd have available zones or not, either.

As for OP, Coven is easier for pugs because it can be zerged with little to no strategy assuming some luck (fire/healing adds during storm rather than norgannon/lightning makes it way easier).
    Aggramar requires a decent amount of coordination and people to individually CC, so while there's no RNG to the fight, it's harder to execute because more people are responsible.

On mythic, Aggramar is the most difficult boss in there in terms of mechanics. The only reason Argus even compares is his DPS check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I find agrammar to be the hardest fight in heroic as it asked people to cc when they haven't card in years and requires a death knight to grip at the right times.
    Nah, no dk needed. Can just let one of the add's CC wear off and let them come to the boss, or just run him over the puddle if you need it to pop right now.

OT: Yep, coven is probably the hardest on HC.