Poll: Is it time to merge?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a merge between many servers, it would liven up the communities and make it way easier to keep guilds. Right now on many low population servers, when a few members leave your raiding guild it can be near impossible to get a full 20 man roster back together.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay they reduce or merge a load of realms/servers to please people.. New expac comes out, out of nowhere a mass influx of players decide to come back, and are met with huge log in queues and lag up the wahzoo.. Wonder how long it would be before people bitch about it and demand more servers again..

Why not just keep connecting them?

15+ Year Old Account
    The only real thing that is affected by merging realms are the Mythic Raids. Because you can only raid current Mythics with people from your own realm. Everything else you can already do with CRZ.

I am just wondering how they will handle the PvP thing in Battle for Azeroth in case the overall population is more in one faction than the other with PvP enabled.

Deleted
    yes, dead realms are what kill guilds which in turn cause more people to quit. I don't think people want to spend the money to transfer constantly when there's a a stupid amount of realms that are low pop that can all be merged together.

The only problem i see is the new expansion coming up this year it could cause a crash on release but i'd rather have the merged realms and wait a day or two for the servers to sort themselves out when people return to the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Merge it.

Merge ALL Auction houses into 1 region, new dedicated servers for it, and new 2018 tech that doesn't rely on scanning pages....
    Merging AH into 1 huge region will be the worst idea ever. Imagine 100+ people trying to buy a flask at the same time for example. Most will just end up in "That auction is no longer available" over and over until finally managing to buy an item. Or 100+ people undercutting prices on consumables at the same time.
    Making AH region wide will simply destroy it.

As far as merging servers .. well the tech to connect them is already there so they should use that. Aside from realms that have a population of 100 players there is no real reason to force players to another server.
    Another better solution will be to just offer free transfers for all characters at the same time from a dead server to a somewhat medium population server.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2018-02-13 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The only real thing that is affected by merging realms are the Mythic Raids. Because you can only raid current Mythics with people from your own realm. Everything else you can already do with CRZ.

I am just wondering how they will handle the PvP thing in Battle for Azeroth in case the overall population is more in one faction than the other with PvP enabled.
    This isn't true.

Yes, you can technically raid normals and heroics making groups from all servers, but that works only for pugs. Guilds don't work that way. You can only join a guild on your own, or a connected server (if applicable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it like this, as it's more choices whether you want to play on a big or a small realm.

Instead, remove the godforsaken CRZ and let ALL content be realm exclusive.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Connect, merge... just do something that will save 3/4 of realms that are dead or dying. What are they waiting for I don't know. They should alredy remove PVP/PVE realms and just connect them now when people are waiting for new expansion, so that guilds can form, friendships are made... and not when BfA will release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This isn't true.

Yes, you can technically raid normals and heroics making groups from all servers, but that works only for pugs. Guilds don't work that way. You can only join a guild on your own, or a connected server (if applicable).
    Could do a guild on each realm that is actually the same guild though. Then you use the Battle.net group chat for an actual guild chat. Only thing you'd miss out on is the Realm First Guild achievements.

Could do a guild on each realm that is actually the same guild though. Then you use the Battle.net group chat for an actual guild chat. Only thing you'd miss out on is the Realm First Guild achievements.
    Still can't raid mythic

No. Because they already have fucking sharding. I hate not seeing people in Dalaran/Stormwind that are in Dalaran/Stormwind right where I should be seeing them. If servers merged, there's be even MORE sharding.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Instead of having 200 low pop realms, I would rather have 40 mid to high pop realms. Having a low pop server with minimal players negates the point of MMO.
    This.
    /10char

Theoretically yes. In reality it would be very impractical and no one does this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    No. Because they already have fucking sharding. I hate not seeing people in Dalaran/Stormwind that are in Dalaran/Stormwind right where I should be seeing them. If servers merged, there's be even MORE sharding.
    Actually, sharding is one of the features that should be removed completely. Sharding is 100% something that does NOT belong in a MMORPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Who decides who gets a name?
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Who decides who gets a name?
    Easy. Everyone gets a name change. First one who changes it wins? If you are too slow, bad luck.
    Everyone loses their name and everyone had the same opportunity to get the name they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most realms in WoW are more dead then dead. CRZ is a nice solution but we are on a point where merging realms would be doing WoW a much more benefit then CRZ does.

So what is your opinion? Is it time to merge realms togheter and build a community again?
    What would merging realms even do that CRZ doesn't already? If you take a bunch of servers, that already don't have a community, and jam them together it's not going to suddenly create a community. Besides, merging wouldn't work the way you want it to, it would just basically be linking all the servers together to form one massive server which is a nightmare for common names. Could you imagine having to make sure you put the right realm tag on every tell/in-game mail?

If you want community, play classic. Otherwise, enjoy the handholding antisocial blunder that is retail.

Seriously though, if you could tell me what server merging would do that CRZ doesn't already I'd appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy. Everyone gets a name change. First one who changes it wins? If you are too slow, bad luck.
    Everyone loses their name and everyone had the same opportunity to get the name they want.
    Better request that day off and have nothing going on I guess. If you have to work/sleep/family then I guess you're stuck with whatever shitty alt coded up names are left.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Theoretically yes. In reality it would be very impractical and no one does this.
    Except people that have that cross guild chat addon and all the people that do in fact do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    What would merging realms even do that CRZ doesn't already? If you take a bunch of servers, that already don't have a community, and jam them together it's not going to suddenly create a community. Besides, merging wouldn't work the way you want it to, it would just basically be linking all the servers together to form one massive server which is a nightmare for common names. Could you imagine having to make sure you put the right realm tag on every tell/in-game mail?

If you want community, play classic. Otherwise, enjoy the handholding antisocial blunder that is retail.

Seriously though, if you could tell me what server merging would do that CRZ doesn't already I'd appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Better request that day off and have nothing going on I guess. If you have to work/sleep/family then I guess you're stuck with whatever shitty alt coded up names are left.

Except people that have that cross guild chat addon and all the people that do in fact do that.
    There aren't that many wow players left compared to 5 years ago. There will be plenty good names left.
    And a community u can't build with CRZ/connected realms. One day you see someone, the other day hes gone forever even though hes in the same area again.
    Same goes to sharding. Get rid of these features and start merging.

Yeah... no. I've had the same names since Vanilla launch. That's a lost sub from me.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest