Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, even though Vulpera befriend the horde I'd rather alliance get them, I don't want those little buggers running around, had enough of that with goblins

Because we go to the opposing faction's islands at max level, I half expect us to get an allied race from the opposing faction's islands as our "way in" to the content.

The Alliance is going to want to dead with the threat at the old Titan testing facility, but there is basically no way that the Alliance is going to be working with the local trolls to get in there. So there will have to be another option for the Alliance player to be able to gain access to the first tier of raid content for BfA, and there will likely need to be a faction on Kul Tiras that allows the Horde access to the second tier of raiding, and I suspect that the entry point will be near those islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    How are they best? They look pretty meh to me. 100 primary stat for each debuff type is incredibly minor and situational, even the regular dwarf's stoneform looks better. Mole machine is most likely just another hearthstone.
    You do know we are getting a massive item squish right? 100 stat per debuff is pretty good, especially if you're in PvP and you just dispelled all 4 types of debuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    cool races join Horde? hell yeah (ho ho ho)
    Whoever drew that seriously needs psychological help.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

In my eyes, a purely Void and a purely Light race on top of Dark Iron Dwarves is ten times more interesting than generic ancient magical Elves, new Tauren with no new flavor and another tribal race.

All of that was my immediate reaction on the announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    cool races join Horde? hell yeah (ho ho ho)
    well...i mean... na forget i don't want to be banned from here too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera is not confirmed.
    Nightborne look like NE, believe me I have one.
    If you prefer the horde subraces, maybe roll one, what is preventing you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Vulpera is not confirmed.
    Nightborne look like NE, believe me I have one.
    If you prefer the horde subraces, maybe roll one, what is preventing you?
    because horde is the evil faction, of bad guys, they want to be the good guys in the good faction. LotR syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    Sorry to break the news but Vulpera will likely be Horde.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

god some of you people can be so annoying with your entitled whining.

They not gona do any "neutral" races anymore, pandarens were experiment and its failed, most off pvp-players dazzed about it - EACH time you see panda - you think is it enemy? or some guy from my fraction and you wasting 2-5 sec to look at HUD.
    ...Void Elves? It's pretty clear Blizzard isn't to concerned about giving similar silhouettes anymore.

Let the Horde have Vulpera... Alliance shuold get something not small and cute.

Nightborne are Night Elves, and Highmountain are furrier Tauren with cooler Horn options.

Void Elves are Blood Elves, and Lightforged are brighter Draenei with cool beard options.

Yeah, they're not all revolutionary brand new things right now. You can't call out favoritism just because your opinion is shitty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    want to know a secret? no matter what they give each faction someone like you will come in and claim that the grass is greener on the other side...

one could also say that Nightborne are like nelves left to starve while highmountain are mostly a deer-cow hybrid

not to mention that draenor orcs look like orcs that got washed out on laundry

come on, if you want to toss random crap at a race you can do that for any race, it's just that taste

btw Velf racials are blatantly OP for arenas, something that actually matters, unlike which race has the most 'unique' appearance which is basically a fashion contest for weirdos
    So, Alliance has now at least 2 races with OP PvP racials, while BE one gets nerfed? -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because horde is the evil faction, of bad guys, they want to be the good guys in the good faction. LotR syndrome
    Except "horde = evil" is outdated since WC III. Burning Legion is evil. Horde is surely a collection of anti-heroes, and misfits, and people who did wrong in the past and now probably try to atone for their sins. Forsaken may be quite evil, at least the apothecaries, but Tauren surely are not, and not the Pandaren allied with the Horde. On the other hand, Humans in WoW have quite a bunch of evil-doers among them, racist, bigots, you name it. Night Elves also have their share of xenophobiac people. Gnomes are so focused on their techonogy, that they have destroyed their home city and polluted a big chunk of their populace. Dwarves are kinda good, though, at least as long as you don't take their Blackrock brethren into account.

This is the main difference between WoW and LotR. The premise of WoW is that no faction is completely good or evil, while LotR is clearly black and white, even if there are some evil humans or wizards now and then. (But humans are a special race in LotR, anyway, because they have a free will and a special fate.)

Anyway, currently I feel that Alliance got better races than Horde, though I like my HMT and NB alts, and started with leveling a HMT druid. And I look forward to Zandalari, but will surely make a Dark Iron dwarf as well. And I am also pretty indifferent about Vulpera.

Though I would like to have more character slots per account. I only have 3 slots left...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would gladly give newcows and nightborn to the alliance if it guaranteed that we didnt get vulpera on the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

Except "horde = evil" is outdated since WC III. Burning Legion is evil.
    not for the alliance.

thats the point of the gag, i know they are not the evil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Why do people think Vulpera are gonna be Alliance? They work with the Horde in questing. That'd be like the Nightborne debacle all over again, only worse because at least the Nightborne worked with BOTH Horde and Alliance.
    Not really. There's a difference. Every one wanted the nightborn to join them.

People have fights over who's gonna have to have Vulpera. Most people don't want gnomes for furry's

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde gets two modified night elves, modified tauren, and modified orcs. Alliance gets modified blood elves, modified draenei, and modified dwarves. Which faction gets the modified goblins is up in air right now. Alliance is also likely to get modified humans to coincide with the modified orcs.

It's almost like allied races are supposed to be easy edits of existing races so Blizz can offer many at once by modifying an existing base model and skeleton, introduce some new animations and idle poses, and release them in batches to provide more customization options without needing to devote time to an entire new model build.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I would gladly give newcows and nightborn to the alliance if it guaranteed that we didnt get vulpera on the Horde.
    Same he'll I'd be cool if hord only had Orcs and only 1 tank 1 dps and 1 healing class avaliable in exchange for not getting yiffpera

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    ...Void Elves? It's pretty clear Blizzard isn't to concerned about giving similar silhouettes anymore.
    I've already been confused by it when out questing leveling my tauren and I've had a few occasions when prey.... I mean players have just casually run up to my nightborn rouge only to get ganged.

So it is a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Draenor Orcs
    Retextured old race (Orcs)
    Nightborn
    Retextured old race (Night Elves)

Highmountain
    Retextured old race (Tauren)

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.
    So, somehow horns are this super distinguishing feature, but beards are not? a LF Draenei and normal Draenei are easily distinguishable from each other at a glance, just like HM Tauren from Tauren and Nightborne from Night Elves.

Void Elves are in the same boat, much darker skin color (literally the same main distinguishing factor of Nightborne from Night Elves), they are easily distinguishable from their Horde counterpart at a glance.

Also...
    King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens
    What exactly makes the Highmountain "king llike" and the Normal Tauren "clumsy fatasses"? They have basically the same model aside from the horns and nothing about it says "fat".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    They not gona do any "neutral" races anymore, pandarens were experiment and its failed, most off pvp-players dazzed about it - EACH time you see panda - you think is it enemy? or some guy from my fraction and you wasting 2-5 sec to look at HUD.
    The main argument Blizzard revisited after pandaren--silhouette recognition--is kind of a moot point with Nightborne, void elves, and Zandalari as they all use a cross-faction base model and, armored, don't have enough differences in their idle and run animations to differentiate without nameplates turned on (and why would someone interested in PvP not have enemy nameplates on?). That being said, they also left in the caveat that if it made sense for something to be neutral in the future they'd consider it, but that they wouldn't go out of their way to headline a neutral race like they did with pandaren.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!