Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Which is selfish again?

Me for thinking the people have the right to invite who they want to their key or you demanding to be invited to any run you sign up for and then calling people assholes for not doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, stop trying to get carried.
    No one is doing that. Simply stating that putting a requirement of 940+ on a dungeon run that at minimum requires ~900-920 is ridiculous and the reasoning behind it is selfish because YOU want the run to go faster and have no desire to even chance it going slower than you want.

It's not an unreasonable thing to want to be efficient, it's the mentality behind the decision to exclude everyone below 940 under the completely false pretense that you're going to exclude the lazy bad people that is simply ridiculous.

You're group, your rules, that's fair...unreasonable, IMO, but fair.

While I understand how frustrating the mental retardation of people asking for massively over the top ilvls for low level keys the best work around is to create your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Literally, the guy i was quoting has done nothing but that this entire thread. He was calling people assholes for simply not inviting him.

My last post here, but at what point do I have a right to my key? Can I invite a guild member? Or is that unreasonable as well? Do I need to wait a half hour checking invites? Or can I go right away? How about certain classes? Do I get to choose what class can go? You tell us what the guidelines are so we all know what is okay in the future.
    He's calling people assholes for acting like assholes, not for not inviting him. The mentality to purposefully exclude those with a perfectly viable and reasonable ilevel to take on a +10 key for a selfish reason is what he's saying is acting like an asshole.

And again, no one is saying that you don't have a right to your key, your group your rules, that's fine. Is it REALLY that unreasonable to ask people in the community to help people though? Set the rules as whatever you want, take who you want. Just don't be surprised when people within the community speak out and complain about people acting like elitist assholes when people are acting like elitist assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    920 is LFR level gear. I don't want the LFR population in my group for anything.
    /thread right there.

If it is your group, why do you want the cancer that are LFR players? They should be on their own server, out the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And again, no one is saying that you don't have a right to your key, your group your rules, that's fine. Is it REALLY that unreasonable to ask people in the community to help people though? Set the rules as whatever you want, take who you want. Just don't be surprised when people within the community speak out and complain about people acting like elitist assholes when people are acting like elitist assholes.
    "hey, your key your rules, but if you do set rules and i dont like them, you are an asshole"
    genius

Make your own group. Invite whoever you want.

And if you do make your own group and you have a 920 guy and a 950+ guy waiting to join which 1 will you choose (assuming comp doesn't matter) ? I think we both know the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by stf2 View Post
    "hey, your key your rules, but if you do set rules and i dont like them, you are an asshole"
    genius
    When did anyone say that not liking something = asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Make your own group. Invite whoever you want.

And if you do make your own group and you have a 920 guy and a 950+ guy waiting to join which 1 will you choose (assuming comp doesn't matter) ? I think we both know the answer...
    How dare you not take the dregs of wow instead!? What an outrage! Slap in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    You get more out of the game not being a dick to people, I'll tell you that much. 100%.
    Says the person who has been a total dick throughout the thread, to the point he's now suspended.

And if he had any social skills he could be running 15's at ilvl 920-930 with friends instead of making a bitch thread on a forum to cry about how total strangers aren't inviting him to their keys.

In any case, 940 takes pretty much zero effort. I have so many alts that are over 940 without ever riding a guild raid or getting carried for anything. So when I see someone under 940, it just looks like someone not even trying. And if you don't know how to hit 940 in a few weeks of play, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Why would I want a clueless person who hasn't even bothered to figure out what they need to do on my key?

I couldn't care less what the ilvl of the end loot is. The end of the run chest is not why I run keystones.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I could not care less about your efficiency. +10s are a valid method of gearing, and no, it isn't 'perfectly legitimate' to deny someone completely capable of completing content just because "I want it to go faster."
    I could not care less that you need to gear up from 900. It IS perfectly legitimate to group up with whoever people want for whatever reason, including going faster. You don't own other people's time

If you read the thread, you'd realize I already do. Despite what some people believe, being able to post on MMO-Champion =/= Being able to play WoW right this second. I can post on the forum without being able to play WoW right now.
    Then.... why complain about it?

I could not care less about your efficiency. +10s are a valid method of gearing, and no, it isn't 'perfectly legitimate' to deny someone completely capable of completing content just because "I want it to go faster."
    This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on these forums. I really hope this guy is trolling but I don't think he is.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's been this way since Wrath, even. Back then it was 5k GS for heroic dungeon spam. (Where 5k GS usually involved full T10 and ICC raid gear.)

This is not new whatsoever. It's still just as cancerous as it was back then.
    This ^^^

The reality is that the majority of players don't want a challenge; they want a super-easy run to get their their essentially free gear. This is the same reason Blizz can't keep a strong player base for an entire expansion anymore...the content is designed to be trivial and where challenge might be found, much of the playerbase forces the triviality anyways because of their attitude.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that only works till u get a seat key m8
    and Cathedral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Says the person who has been a total dick throughout the thread, to the point he's now suspended.

And if he had any social skills he could be running 15's at ilvl 920-930 with friends instead of making a bitch thread on a forum to cry about how total strangers aren't inviting him to their keys.

In any case, 940 takes pretty much zero effort. I have so many alts that are over 940 without ever riding a guild raid or getting carried for anything. So when I see someone under 940, it just looks like someone not even trying. And if you don't know how to hit 940 in a few weeks of play, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Why would I want a clueless person who hasn't even bothered to figure out what they need to do on my key?

I couldn't care less what the ilvl of the end loot is. The end of the run chest is not why I run keystones.
    This. my main is 950. I play around 3 hours a day, if I even play on a given day. I'm in an EU guild, but live in California...so have no guildies that run with me on my time zone, so PUG everything. It isn't hard to increase iLvl, particularly with Titanforging. I've been able to increase my gear on all my characters to about 940 with minimal effort. On top of this, Antorus is so easy on Normal, that getting into a group is not hard, and thus gearing is a lot easier.

Point is, I am a casual player, and really do play casually. But it is still easy to push that item level upwards.

The reason OP is likely not being invited is because he sounds like an A+ ass.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The reality is that the majority of players don't want a challenge; they want a super-easy run to get their their essentially free gear. This is the same reason Blizz can't keep a strong player base for an entire expansion anymore...the content is designed to be trivial and where challenge might be found, much of the playerbase forces the triviality anyways because of their attitude.
    So there isn't much of player base and people don't want a challenge? Hmm, hard to understand why the higher keystone community is so large and vibrant. That would seem to contradict both of your claims at the same time. And the content is trivial? LOL, I'm sure you've got a bunch of +20's done in time.

What you're actually doing is the same tired whine of the lazy people who don't want to invest in character progression. Nobody who is good and spends the time to put their character in a position to succeed has a problem. A +10 shouldn't be an end goal now and of course people want to run them fast. They're either looking to work it up to a 15 or higher (in which case you need to run it fast) or they're just doing their one meh key for the week to get it done (in which case of course they want it to be fast.) There are plenty of people looking to challenge themselves (hundreds of thousands mythic raiding, tons more doing 18+ keystones), you're just looking in the wrong place because the +10 being a challenge boat sailed a long time ago.

Lol this post is adorable.

Especially the people saying "I AM ENTITLED TO BE INVITED TO THE +10 CAUSE I SAID SO".

Its 3 months after Antorus, average ilvl you are supposed to be is 960 equip minimum, something between 965-975 in bags.

Whenever i try to play randoms, its easy to assume.

It says,955,he is probably wearing -10 of that and play so badly like he would have -30 of that, so 955 ~ assume he is capable of 920ilvl DPS max.

And from the pool of 940-960 players,i will take the highest for that very reason, maybe this one isnt completely terrible at the game.

And you don't own the content, so we should be able to do it too.
    You're not crying because you aren't allowed to do the content, you're crying because we don't want to take you in our groups. You said:

It has nothing to do with the ownership of the content. Do it all the fuck you want. But my group composition and my time, I do own. And no, I'm not ever going to take you in my group.

You can't even keep your QQ's straight ... how in the world are you even going to do a +2? LOL

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    And you don't own the content, so we should be able to do it too.
    No, but I do have the right to choose whomever I want to group up with, and so do you, and so does everyone.

However YOU want to force yourself to group up with people that for legitimate reasons don't want to group up with you. And yes, time efficiency is important. If I want to spam 10s to get leggys or for fun or for whatever reason I like to do as many as possible in the shortest time possible, because... shocker... playtime is limited!!

Because working around the problem doesn't solve it. The problem still very well exists and should be solved, not ignored.
    There is no problem at all.

Deleted
    Coincidentally, if no one will take you into group content, that prevents you from doing the content. Shocker, I know.
    Here is a shocker: if you make your own group you dont need to be taken into a group and can do the group content regardless. amagad O_O

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Which makes you an asshole.
    Did not take too long to descend into insults...

the amount of people that think they have a right to get invited to any group they apply to in mind blowing.
    like when you migrate to a different country, if you want to be integrated you have to adapt to their rules, you can't demand that country to change it's rules to fit you (although recent history seems to prove me wrong but i chose to ignore that)