Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sub Races. How Hard would it have been?

Look at this. Why couldn't Blizzard have done something like this? Could it be because there are no returns on this, and keeping people subbed to grind rep makes the suits happy?

Last edited by donjn; 2018-02-13 at 06:39 PM.

Honestly, the reputation doesn't bother me. You could be barely playing the game and have the reputation needed for the Allied Races.

However, I do understand that for those coming back for the expansion this is a bit of an issue, they should have made the character boosts have the rep required or something along those lines, but it honestly doesn't take too long I'm sure it will be changed in the long run though because anyone who didn't play Legion will be behind in a major BfA Feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Because they wanted to make it have a lore and a story reason, because they wanted it to be an integral selling feature if their artists were going to spend any sort of time on it.

Remember: Blizzard's artists think the heaps they shit out of Blender are worth selling to you twice, while also making you stare baldfaced at every ground pixel for 8 months.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I honestly believe that the current rep grind for Allied Races is to stretch subs out as long as possible. Many people on the forums say that players knew about this a while ago. In reality though, that does not matter. Many players just came back, and I don’t know about you, but I still see an absolute ton of players in guilds banging their head trying to get rep for these races, complaining about how they have to wait hours and days for rep world quests to appear. It isn’t right, and Blizzard knows this. They have figured out how to partially disguise time gating inside the lore and story. They have perfected it. But the cracks are beginning to show. Their time gating disguises are not as good as they once were.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d much rather have it how it is now with there own lore and racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    I honestly believe that the current rep grind for Allied Races is to stretch subs out as long as possible. Many people on the forums say that players knew about this a while ago. In reality though, that does not matter. Many players just came back, and I don’t know about you, but I still see an absolute ton of players in guilds banging their head trying to get rep for these races, complaining about how they have to wait hours and days for rep world quests to appear. It isn’t right, and Blizzard knows this. They have figured out how to partially disguise time gating inside the lore and story. They have perfected it. But the cracks are beginning to show. Their time gating disguises are not as good as they once were.
    Considering the fact the final content patch of Legion dropped a "fixed" leveling experience that now takes twice as long despite a "scaling world" and Allied Races, but only for those who spend 50$ and already rep ground to unlock them, it's safe to say Blizzard is out to get anyone and everyone's wallet.

What's cute is that they honestly think this paltry attempt is enough to distract everyone from the reality: Yet another 8-12 month content drought on their watch with an already bare bones and half-assed looking BfA alpha to boot. Fuck, MoP's F&F alpha was farther along than this, with far better designed classes.

Just actually realized that MoP and BfA's development schedule is the exact same: MoP released in September of 2012 which is the same "expected" BfA release month. Let's see exactly what they can get done in the same time it took for them to remake the Jade Forest twice and still launch MoP on time.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2018-02-13 at 06:50 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

it’s their game they can do what they want get over it

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Considering the fact the final content patch of Legion dropped a "fixed" leveling experience that now takes twice as long despite a "scaling world" and Allied Races, but only for those who spend 50$ and already rep ground to unlock them, it's safe to say Blizzard is out to get anyone and everyone's wallet.

What's cute is that they honestly think this paltry attempt is enough to distract everyone from the reality: Yet another 8-12 month content drought on their watch with an already bare bones and half-assed looking BfA alpha to boot.
    Even with the 60% more from 1-60 that’s not twice as long to level.

Allied races are also a bonus for people who were going to pre order any way you didn’t spend any thing to get them you bought the expan and get to use the races earlier if you want. There is also no content drought, they have given us more post end raid content then any other expan and we have no way of knowing if we will get more before bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Look at this. Why couldn't Blizzard have done something like this? Could it be because there are no returns on this, and keeping people subbed to grind rep makes the suits happy?

why giving it for free if you could charge 50 buck for it plus some month of grind to milk subs?

remember when peoples asked for housing and blizz give us the garrison?
    remember when we had flying and blizzard took it out and sell it back as an exciting new feature?

blizzard is like one of those second hand car seller from movie, spin everything to sell a crap old ford like it is a ferrari.

Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2018-02-13 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

While I do like the expanded story and racial features that the allied races get, I do certainly think that some of them should've been unlockable customisations to existing races rather than completely separate things.

Because "Character Customization added" isn't something that looks exciting on a news article for a 15+ year old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m more pissed about the heretige armor requiring grinding old content to get to 110. At least the rep requires current content, even if it is somewhat stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixiespork View Post
    Honestly, the reputation doesn't bother me. You could be barely playing the game and have the reputation needed for the Allied Races.

However, I do understand that for those coming back for the expansion this is a bit of an issue, they should have made the character boosts have the rep required or something along those lines, but it honestly doesn't take too long I'm sure it will be changed in the long run though because anyone who didn't play Legion will be behind in a major BfA Feature.
    I think they are going to remove the reputation requirement for Legion allied races when pre-patch or the expansion actually comes out. So for people who are "coming back" for BfA, can play the allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m more pissed about the heretige armor requiring grinding old content to get to 110.
    Why? There SHOULDN'T be a reward for players that frequent endgame content to roll another character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Even with the 60% more from 1-60 that’s not twice as long to level.

Allied races are also a bonus for people who were going to pre order any way you didn’t spend any thing to get them you bought the expan and get to use the races earlier if you want. There is also no content drought, they have given us more post end raid content then any other expan and we have no way of knowing if we will get more before bfa.
    Yeah, I wasn't talking about the experience required to level, I was talking about the time it takes to actually do anything because of "quadrupled health" and "satisfying gameplay". Nevermind the classes while leveling are barebones af until artifacts and definitely aren't enjoyable from 20-110 by themselves.

Riiiight, so Allied races are a BfA feature then, so it isn't content for really anyone in Legion. It's just a bonus, as you said. Yet another reason not to give a shit about a game developer that only cares about the players that kickstart their next expansion for 8-12 months.

And no. We won't be getting more before BfA. You would have seen it at Blizzcon, you would have seen it mentioned in their plans. Stop with this complacent optimistic bullshit when regards to a company you admit is historically shit for not giving a fuck about an expansions content cycle for anywhere close to a year. It's fucking asinine. Every expansion they set their bar and every expansion they kick themselves in the ass and never improve.

And every expansion we have apologists like you looking to preserve their nostalgia or their memories or their experience and I say fuck you to all that, especially when you're self aware enough to realize how little Blizzard actually cares.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2018-02-13 at 06:58 PM.

It's because not all Allied Races are or will be sub races. Yes, you can call Dark Irons a Dwarf sub race, but you can't call Void Elves a Night Elf sub races or Nightborne a Blood Elf sub race, which throws your menu out the window. If later on they decide to add stuff like Vulpera, well, that's not related to any of the existing races, so how would it work?

Imho the rep grinding part, while unsavory, is a much smaller time sink than leveling all the alts resulting from a high influx of appealing races. With Wildhammer they can just add a new customization option to dwarves called Tattoos and a regular dwarf can become a Wildhammer. Isn't it implied that dwarf shamans are Wildhammer to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why? There SHOULDN'T be a reward for players that frequent endgame content to roll another character?
    Why should there be? You're playing a fucking video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's because not all Allied Races are or will be sub races. Yes, you can call Dark Irons a Dwarf sub race, but you can't call Void Elves a Night Elf sub races or Nightborne a Blood Elf sub race, which throws your menu out the window. If later on they decide to add stuff like Vulpera, well, that's not related to any of the existing races, so how would it work?

Imho the rep grinding part, while unsavory, is a much smaller time sink than leveling all the alts resulting from a high influx of appealing races. With Wildhammer they can just add a new customization option to dwarves called Tattoos and a regular dwarf can become a Wildhammer. Isn't it implied that dwarf shamans are Wildhammer to begin with?
    .... fundamentally every Elf race is just a troll sub race.

Might as well make a drop down menu based off Bransien evolution at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Why should there be? You're playing a fucking video game.
    I hope you don't think your non-sequitur is an argument. Video games grant you rewards for accomplishing challenges to release dopamine in your brain. Extra incentives to level are somehow bad because you should be okay with your character just "existing"? I'd love to hear the thought-out and rational explanation for this one.

ehm, allied races ARE essentially sub races, except that instead of the said group being strictly the same racial group they can also bring their buddies (like belves brought nightborne)

so this is being implemented gradually, who knows with how many 'sub-races' we'll end by the end of BfA, already 8 are essentially anounced (7 officially and alliance has to get something when horde gets draenor orcs so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    ehm, allied races ARE essentially sub races, except that instead of the said group being strictly the same racial group they can also bring their buddies (like belves brought nightborne)

so this is being implemented gradually, who knows with how many 'sub-races' we'll end by the end of BfA, already 8 are essentially anounced (7 officially and alliance has to get something when horde gets draenor orcs so...)
    At the MOMENT, Allied Races are sub races. However the third BFA sub race (Vulpera, mystery Alliance race) are both likely to be completely new species. Not only does "allied" have a more positive connotation than "sub" races, but allows for them to pull a twist in a later patch with very new looking models for all new species (despite them using old animation rigs, like Vulpera using a lot of goblin animations).

STILL not a "new race" due to not having a completely new set of animations, but in no way are Vulpera a sub race.