Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    Thanks for destroying an amazing class concept. Melee sv is a good idea( that really helps in the problem of class identy) the problem was its shitty gameplay. However instead of fixing the gameplay Blizz created an abomination just to please all the kids crying for ranged spec.
    What do you think would have fixed the gameplay? For me this seems like a good step I personally liked flanking strike which is still around as a talent and wildfire bomb which is now baseline, I wasn’t very fond of mongoose bite but if I want to give it another go it’s still around as a talent. On paper what we are geting looks pretty good to me though I’ll have to test it out my self to see for sure.

Did anyone else play T6+ TBC surv? Seems like they are getting back to a spec closer to that but an actual melee component. Expose Weakness would be a huge benefit for surv if it made a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    Thanks for destroying an amazing class concept. Melee sv is a good idea( that really helps in the problem of class identy) the problem was its shitty gameplay. However instead of fixing the gameplay Blizz created an abomination just to please all the kids crying for ranged spec.
    The "kids" being the 98% of hunters who don't play survival?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyaxe2018 View Post
    Did anyone else play T6+ TBC surv? Seems like they are getting back to a spec closer to that but an actual melee component.
    So nothing at all like that spec then, which was purely ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    "Millions" is honestly a larger ballpark figure than WoW's total playerbase right now.
    And your source is?...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play wow anymore, but I might come back for the old survival hunter if it's brought back. Not sure why they ever just decided to trash the spec I enjoyed playing the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

Did anyone else play T6+ TBC surv? Seems like they are getting back to a spec closer to that but an actual melee component. Expose Weakness would be a huge benefit for surv if it made a return.
    Savage Strikes x 2, Defelction x 5, Improved Wing Clip x 3, Deterrence, Counterattack - 12 Melee Talents points
    Entrapment x 3, Clever Traps x 2, Trap Mastery x 2 - 7 Trap Talents points
    Resourcefulness x 3 - 3 melee/trap Talent points.

Hawk Eye x 3, Expose Weakness x 3, Thrill of the Hunt x 3 - 9 Ranged Talent points

Master Tactician x 5 - 5 melee/ranged Talent points

With everything else as hp, ap or dmg reduction buffs.

The class was far from purely ranged. Melee was just not at a usable state in TBC for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    All change is reversible, and Survival is already halfway back to ranged in BfA. Survival in Legion was clearly a failure so reverting to the foundation set by WoD and the years before it is only a sound, common-sense solution.
    Forget it. If they were going to remove melee-SV, now was the perfect time to do it. Considering the abysmal failure of the spec in legion they had two choices; scrap it or go forward with it and sink more time into it. They made a conscious decision to move forward with it. Now, they will sink even more time into creating melee SV, and the chances of them bringing back ranged SV dropped to zero. Extremely inplausible they will remove melee SV in the future after having reworked it twice (speculation beyond 9.0 is pointless). They will never bring back ranged SV, any chance for that has flown out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Forget it. If they were going to remove melee-SV, now was the perfect time to do it. Considering the abysmal failure of the spec in legion they had two choices; scrap it or go forward with it and sink more time into it. They made a conscious decision to move forward with it. Now, they will sink even more time into creating melee SV, and the chances of them bringing back ranged SV dropped to zero. Extremely inplausible they will remove melee SV in the future after having reworked it twice (speculation beyond 9.0 is pointless). They will never bring back ranged SV, any chance for that has flown out of the window.
    Things are closer to TBC surv than any other and I would welcome it back with open arms if they tune it to a melee first spec vs the only functional as ranged spec it was in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    TBC surv had about 9 point in the whole tree dedicated to ranged while the majority was melee focused, followed by trap with hp, ap and dmg reduction to round it out. Expose Weakness was the key and could be re-tuned to be applied to a modern surv hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    And there are 12 other melee specs you can play. Those 2 Hunter specs are literally the only specs in the whole game to use ranged weapons. It's an absurdly underutilised playstyle and identity. They also play nothing like old SV did so think about that before you use the same defense about playing the other 12 melee specs instead.

Wantintg an extremely niche and exclusive playstyle to continue existing at the expense of a popular and unique ranged spec is pure selfishness, plain and simple. Melee Hunter clearly isn't the "coolest shit ever" if hardly anyone wants to play it.
    you're the one being selfish, wanting to remove the only melee spec with a pet.

and don't give me crap about unholy, unholy is edgelord shit. i want a badass orc warrior charging into battle with her battle worg, and that's what i got. so all y'all wanting to changed to ranged again can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you're the one being selfish, wanting to remove the only melee spec with a pet.

and don't give me crap about unholy, unholy is edgelord shit. i want a badass orc warrior charging into battle with her battle worg, and that's what i got. so all y'all wanting to changed to ranged again can fuck right off.
    If they brought back the raid utility of something like Expose Weakness to surv it would be a truly valuable and unique (with pet) melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    AiS is not instant in BfA unless you get a LnL proc.

3s cast, not castable in movement.

Is the only thing not castable in movement of the entire MM kit, though.
    Yeah, mmo champ said it was instant on their latest build notes. Se la vi..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Coming from a Havoc Demon Hunter that played Momentum in 7.0.

You'll get burned of the massive movement and in a lot of raiding environments, it'll not work out.

Believe me, do not desire a high movement playstyle, Blizzard can't balance it.
    Ffxiv red mage seems to do fine.

- - - Updated - - -.
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2018-02-13 at 08:04 PM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    seems like a fine spec to me.
    Just someone who can't handle their precious homogenized spec is gone so they call anyone who would dare like it a retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I don't understand hunters cry. I will sold half of my soul for ranged rogue spec (and second half for some hybrid combat-mage spec) - only for diversity.
    I always thought Subtlety could be made into like a Dark Ranger spec, and since at least for now Dark Arrow is no longer in MM, it could be used for that. But since we wont be seeing any big overhauls that wont be happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And your source is?...
    The following image. If you look at WoD subscriber numbers, it drops off sharply, and cuts off when Blizzard stopped making sub numbers public. There is no reason to suggest that Legion's curve would be any different than that of Cata, Mists, or WoD - high to start off with, falling quickly, then tapering off lower and lower each expansion. Extrapolating from the data would suggest that low millions are currently subscribed, perhaps 2-4 million worldwide at most. Therefore, since millions is literally the entire playerbase - or more - OP's comment that "millions" want ranged survival back is spurious at best and intentionally misrepresentative at worst. It's really only a handful of people who spend more time crying on the forums than actually playing the game - as it is with most complaints.

Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Millions" is honestly a larger ballpark figure than WoW's total playerbase right now.

Illo dicto, you are getting some kind of weird mess that will be ranged half the time in BFA anyway. So, Blizzard listened to people like you, and they killed melee Survival, and resurrected its corpse as a monstrosity. Now, neither the people who liked ranged Survival will be happy nor will the people who liked Legion's melee Survival.
    It could be good if done right, FF14's Red Mage is one of the most fun classes/jobs I have ever played and it is a hybrid of melee and range

Savage Strikes x 2, Defelction x 5, Improved Wing Clip x 3, Deterrence, Counterattack - 12 Melee Talents points
    Entrapment x 3, Clever Traps x 2, Trap Mastery x 2 - 7 Trap Talents points
    Resourcefulness x 3 - 3 melee/trap Talent points.

Hawk Eye x 3, Expose Weakness x 3, Thrill of the Hunt x 3 - 9 Ranged Talent points

Master Tactician x 5 - 5 melee/ranged Talent points

With everything else as hp, ap or dmg reduction buffs.

The class was far from purely ranged. Melee was just not at a usable state in TBC for hunters.
    Um... lol... yes it had melee abilities and talents.. but noone used them. The survival spec looked like this...

http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00302300530351

I might be 1 or 2 points off on the mm side, but as you can see 0 melee talents taken from survival.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Um... lol... yes it had melee abilities and talents.. but noone used them. The survival spec looked like this...

http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00302300530351

I might be 1 or 2 points off on the mm side, but as you can see 0 melee talents taken from survival.
    Just because people who want to be high end didnt use them doesn’t mean no one did there were millions of players and I know I for one used them as being optimal can die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post

Because melee wasn't viable then, and it is now. How does that invalidate the idea behind the spec?

And you only went 2/3 on Expose Weakness to get 5/5 Mortal Shots. If you were running this build your crit was high enough to 100% up time at 66%.
    Last edited by bloodyaxe2018; 2018-02-13 at 08:44 PM.

It's really only a handful of people who spend more time crying on the forums than actually playing the game - as it is with most complaints.
    There are more people defending survival than actually playing it. The amount of defenders is insanely disproportionate to those ''actually playing'' survival. The white knighting is strong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    There are more people defending survival than actually playing it. The amount of defenders is insanely disproportionate to those ''actually playing'' survival. The white knighting is strong.
    Show me the stats for that, and no raid stats dont show every one playing a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Show me the stats for that, and no raid stats dont show every one playing a spec.
    Raid stats over an entire expansion is a very representative tool and the best we have. It's actually your turn to come up with different stats to refute my claim.