Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Make Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, Pandaria and Draenor scale from 60-100.

Leveling 60-80 right now sucks because of Outland and Northrend.
    I would absolutely skip TBC/WotLK if given the option. They are hands down the slowest part of the game if you don't abuse dungeon spam.

That and they don't really fit in the timeline of leveling either. The entier 1-60 experience starts out at Cata. You literally go back in time to do Outland or Northrend. It's stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’d like to be able to go to northrend at 60 instead of outlands. Or Draenor instead.

At 60 things should open and and be more “rpg” like. So similar scaling in post 60 zones would be very cool.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Much simpler.

Undo the idiotic XP nerfs.

Undo the idiotic mob HP boosts.

In the future, stop touching things you aren't prepared to fix back if they become worse.

The end.
    No, the levelling is great now. Stop trying to change things just because you don't like it. A lot of people did like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I’d like to be able to go to northrend at 60 instead of outlands. Or Draenor instead.

At 60 things should open and and be more “rpg” like. So similar scaling in post 60 zones would be very cool.
    You can go to Northrend at 60. I did 1-60 @ Old World, 60-80 at Northrend, 80-90 at MoP and 90-100 at Draenor.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dosent really need fixing,its pretty good as it is,its not ment to be a murder killingspree madness with heirlooms like it was pre patch. Mob Hp is fine,dmg however should be higher tho.

Personally loving the new revitalised levelling. Actually getting to finish a zone before out-levelling it is brilliant. I'm the sort of person who does a dungeon every now and then so like that i'm not coming out of it with a load of green quests in my log. I believe MMORGs shouldn't just be about the end game and the levelling should be an experience all to itself. I agree that some of the mobs health is a bit high, especially in dungeons with tank and spank mechanics. But actually seeing people dying in a dungeon with the wrong pull or failed mechanic is refreshing. It's only going to lead to better players in the end game who actually understand their class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's no problem with experience gains you have to do roughly 7-10 Vanilla Zones to get from 10-60, that's pretty good tbh. All they need to do is drop health and increase damage.
    Some of the mobs in Outland can quickly kill non-heirlooms players if you pull 3-4 of them, so i think dmg is alright. Might have a thing with HP, but then it is merely a question about 10-15% at max in reduction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    While I agree that Northrend is a slog, I don't see why you'd think Outland is a slog too. It has insane mob density for a lot of quest areas so you can easily group up a bunch of mobs to kill at once and throws a bunch of quests at you to do at once. Outland is rather basic, but I wouldn't consider it slow to do.
    The quest-line structure in zones like Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley are a bit too focused on group quest in my opinion, especially in Shadowmoon. It would be nice if they could go in and make some of them soloable, just so i don't have to keep finding 5-man groups to complete a mid-storyline quest.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

At the end of the day all of those changes do nothing but cycle what faction of player mentality is on top. Leveling sucks right now because it is monotonous. Adjusting the scaling, adjusting the damage, adjusting the health, and adjusting experience does nothing to change that.

Leveling needs far more overhauling than the lackluster band aid changes Blizzard made to it in 7.3.5. All they did was make the players who enjoy questing and leveling happy, while making those who dont not.

Out of all that WoD did very very wrong, it did one thing very very right. Gorgrond. Gorgrond is flooded with quests, Monster Hunts, Bonus Objectives, Treasures. What you ended up with was an actual adventure within a zone. There is so much to do and you can be in it for so long that even if there is a best path through the zone, you just frankly dont have to follow it. Because all paths are good.

In addition, relook at MoP rare's and the strengths they provided to game play. The glorious Pandaren rare advises players to use Interrupts, defensives, and CC. More rare mobs should be implemented into the game that allow players to use more of their classes tools than just their DPS rotation. Which often isnt even completed until 100+ and usually level cap. Then add adequate experience rewards, rare toys, good gear.

Professions are being squished in BFA which is another direction for player experience and should be looked at as a source of leveling.

The issue with leveling is that before 7.3.5 it was almost entirely dungeon spamming. After 7.3.5 its almost entirely questing. Leveling sucks because there is no variety. Create variety and it feels fresh and enjoyable for longer.

If you want to create an adventure while leveling, players should be encouraged to do other things aside from questing. Until Blizzard addresses this, leveling will always be controversial and leave a pretty sour taste in many players mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    Do you seriously not see the problem with what you just said?
    What that people who are lazy have an option if they want to continue being lazy? Leveling is perfectly fine the way it is, many people enjoy it more the way it is now than it was before, I am one of those people. Current leveling pace isn't unreasonable, it still takes less than 24 hours /played to get to max level WITHOUT HEIRLOOMS. Seriously people are such whiny children about changes that are good for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Some of the mobs in Outland can quickly kill non-heirlooms players if you pull 3-4 of them, so i think dmg is alright. Might have a thing with HP, but then it is merely a question about 10-15% at max in reduction.
    In that regard I was meaning more or less Vanilla content mobs. They could also probably do with nerfing the health on some mobs in WoD content again since certain things you can't do solo anymore in Draenor.

Slightly increase EXP - or expand the heirloom\potion system to better the life of those who wish to get the leveling phase over with the fastest way possible.

However, in my honest opinion, the thing that leveling needs the most is a Revamp a la Cataclysm, to update the story with the new events and story of the world.

At lvl 60 as an assassin rogue, currently, you DEMOLISH mobs. It's fun

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The best zones get shafted because Outland and Northrend hog up whole 20 levels.
    Yeah, when the expansions came out, guess what? Outland and Northrend were for 20 total levels. What it sounds like to me is that you just want to skip content and that isn't what Blizzard wants players to do. Seeing as how they built all of Azeroth for us to see and play in.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Slightly increase EXP - or expand the heirloom\potion system to better the life of those who wish to get the leveling phase over with the fastest way possible.
    There's no reason to increase xp gains, its perfectly fine the way it is. What people don't seem to understand is that 61-110 leveling was untouched, outside of being able to pick where you wanted to go. Its the same amount of xp that it was prior to the patch. What was increased was 10-60, rightfully so, it still takes less time to do 10-60 then it does 61-110, and it takes under 24 hours /played to reach max level WITHOUT heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it the way it is right now! People who dont like it will never be satisfied until you give them a free instant level cap button! They dont like to level anyways!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

I would prefer doing away with Heirloom EXP and introduce another system where you get Account Wide Exp Boost based on how many Max Level characters are on your account. With a high cap. That way each alt goes faster.
    When grouping with friends it would sync your exp together.
    "Max Level" would reset/dimish as level caps increase for expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Yeah, when the expansions came out, guess what? Outland and Northrend were for 20 total levels. What it sounds like to me is that you just want to skip content and that isn't what Blizzard wants players to do. Seeing as how they built all of Azeroth for us to see and play in.
    I don’t think blizzard gives a shit at this point. And you can start Northrend at 60 now, nullifying Outland completely.

I wouldn't mind leveling, if the story was updated, or content was made more interesting.

Also no new classes, no need to delete characters to play reskins.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

How about we go fixing the actual problem (only my opinion) that is the ancient leveling system and the busted spec mechanics at low level.
    Like how the only things mobs do is either a variation of slapping you across the face or cast a SINGLE spell at you. Or dungeon bosses that have either no mechanics at all or very basic ones that can be ignored until you get to WoD and to some degree MoP.
    Like how quests are a single page of text.
    Like how you have to walk across a zone from questhub to the quest and then you have to backtrack all the way back to the questhub like 10 times per level. On top of that you can't just afk run to where you need to go because god forbid you encounter a mob on the way during the first 58 levels, potentially longer, that is gonna chain-daze you.
    Or how you do not interect with ANYONE or anything at all, like, ever.
    Or how atm you basically have 1 option to level efficiently, which is questing 2 if you are willing to take longer.
    All that while looking at mostly the same animations we've been looking at ever since Wow. (I know blizzard can do some amazing ones by now, looking at whirlwind, Lavaburst or the new green-black bolts from warlocks? i've seen from BfA vids)
    How about repairing a lot of the specs that are just awful at low levels and use only something like 10% of the spells.
    How about not getting any talents and spells or really anything worthwhile for 5+ levels at a time and after 80 for the most part you only get 2 talents and a spell from Artifact weapons once you hit 98 i believe.

There's so many things that should have been done to fix the leveling experience after releasing level scaling but before making ANY changes to the time it takes to get to cap (be it increasing mob hp, nerfing heirlooms, etc.)

Here's another idea to make leveling fun: lootboxes. The good thing about 1-109 content is that it doesn't have to be balanced.

Have quests reward something like lootboxes. They could contain bonus xp tokens. Or potions and other consumables. They could even design special 1-109 legendaries that would be better than heirlooms and provide crazy bonuses. 1-109 is boring right now because you hardly ever get any worthwhile rewards from quests.

the only good thing to come out of the leveling revamp is the scaling.
    The leveling sprrd is ok 1-40 then the time per level plumets, the increase to mobs health 60+ is to much. Some specs have trouble even soloing 80+, and dont get me started on Draenor the unbalanced pos that turned out to be.

Leveling a non healer/tank is frustrating at times. Having my shadow priest die more times in wod content than anywhere because scaling in wod is up the shit.

In short as a 14 year vet of the game I feel the new leveling system detracts from the game more than it gives, the 'make leveling hard again' crowd was so loud that blizz caved and now all they say to us that found leveling fine as old content is old, "shut up! It's good now. You need to play the game how I want to!". Having heirlooms should purlt be at the old pace, a system implemented because they knew level bloat is a thing. Go look at Praches vid on leveling...

Deleted
    There are people who like the changes and those who don't. Allowing player choice is most of the times the right call, so why not restore heirlooms to their OP state? Players need to go out of their way and/or spend lots of gold to get a loom suit that works through level 110. Players who acquire one are basically saying "yeah ok I've done this content several times over, it was fun, but I don't need to re-live it, thanks." Buff that, and leave the new system the way it is.

This way, newer players get the improved design and can actually enjoy leveling. People who've done it 10 times can speed through it given gold investment in looms.

Personally, I'm enjoying the new leveling, but I 100% get why others don't.

But I don't understand why Blizz nerfed looms. really not at all.