Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If Preach had his way, this game would be nothing but Mythic+ and Raiding. As someone who is supposedly a guy thats been around since Day 1, other people like Kungen and myself (was GM of a server first guild BWL through Naxx 40), fundamentally disagree with almost everything Preach says. His "How to 'Get Good' if you're new" series over Christmas was laughable. He didn't even cover things like mouse movement instead of keyboard turning but made a whole video on why you need to know how to Warcraftlogs. I've known a lot of players who are great who don't log or someone else can interpret it for them. WoW isn't exactly a difficult game, its just time consuming. Preach was one of those people clamoring for homogenization then stands on the other side now saying they went too far. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Now his buddy Ghost, I like him. He approaches the game right. Note he doesn't even play with Preach and he plays Alliance. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why... hes an insufferable know-it-all. Preach honestly seems like a good enough guy, he just isn't the person I'd look to for opinions on WoW; TLDR.
    Last edited by Keihndeth; 2018-02-13 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    He’s got a point. I play a WW monk and losing our artefact ability is gonna be fecking shit. I know we get a new talent option that offers a 3 chi generator but it’s not the same.
    the only thing our artifact ability did baseline was a frontal aoe and a slow on a long CD

im ok with losing it especialy with the black out kick change so it reduces rsk and fof cooldown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I'm sorry... but this is just hilarious... "competitive WoW scene".

WoW hasn't had a "scene" for many years... certainly nothing competitive.
    Their arena tournaments are still really popular actually. I personally don't watch it. For me it got boring after WotLK. But I used to love the WoW comp stuff :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Anybody that didn't think things would be massively different in the leveling window from a buffed weapon to getting Azerite stuff has lost their mind or the ability to think. It will be a bit odd, just like leveling was in Legion having many old things that were removed baked into our weapons. It will be a bit odd, it also means as we get those new things again. It is also early in the testing period and people are going to have to adjust to things they have grown used to having for a year and a half being gone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Classic will hold a relatively steady level of subscribers, unlike that of the past couple expansions that spike at launch and drop half it's subs in 6 months. Will Classic have "more" subs than BfA? Probably not... at least not at launch... but the point is that Classic will hold those players longer... perhaps indefinitely because it has actual gameplay that is rewarding. It is what built WoW... and something that has been sorely lacking in the game for several years.
    You do know that Classic's gameplay will only have 2 full raiding tier and only a handful of dungeon at high level, right? It'll be basically an expansion's worth of content that won't be getting any additions unlike an expansion. There is just no way it can hold someone's attention for longer than a modern expansion.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm2z3GQL84He said that right now in the beta, things are grim and every single spec is Terrible.
    I saw the video, but I tend to disagree with Preach's notion of what a good spec is supposed to be like. He basically gets bored if the rotation is not complex or if the talents don't change the gameplay. I have no issue with the rotation being predictable and I pick talents based on power, not on style. So his idea of what a "terrible spec" means is entirely subjective. Some people will agree with him, some won't. But reading the conclusion without understanding the argument is more uninformative than helpful.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, srsly what a problem blizz have with adding all 3 GOLD artifact traits in 110 talent row (and make main skill of artifact baselane ability) is it so charity? we cant have fun no more?))))) (if skills of artifact so op JUST NERF CD,and damage)
    Cut new abilitys to add Old ones?
    "THE BIGGER SKILL POOL CLASS HAVE" The more fun players have with making their own builds , with their Own mind (its silly to see 1001 guide how to row up 6 skills of DH on skill panel and PWNZ butts of weak).
    Just add all skills that classes used to have in 12 years of game, and let players chose 40 of their favorite. But still easier to balance 10 skills than 40 (that they love and gona be useing, just like talents with bigger variety of choices), so many of them can be passives and buffs or even cosmetic.
    But to cut out skill that players love, would bring only Hatred and whine "How vanilla were the best".
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2018-02-13 at 08:11 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I'm sorry... but this is just hilarious... "competitive WoW scene".

WoW hasn't had a "scene" for many years... certainly nothing competitive.
    The comment + your signature. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    No, srsly what a problem blizz have with adding all 3 GOLD artifact traits in 110 talent row (and make main skill of artifact baselane ability) is it so charity? we cant have fun no more?))))) Cut new abilitys to add Old ones?
    "THE BIGGER SKILL POOL CLASS HAVE" The more fun players have with making their own builds , with their Own mind (its silly to see 1001 guide how to row up 6 skills of DH on skill panel and PWNZ butts of weak).
    Just add all skills that classes used to have in 12 years of game, and let players chose 40 of their favorite. But still easier to balance 10 skills than 40 (that they love and gona be useing, just like talents with bigger variety of choices), so many of them can be passives and buffs or even cosmetic.
    But to cut out skill that players love, would bring only Hatred and whine "How vanilla were the best".
    I actually read your post twice and still don't understand what you're trying to say. Is it that "more options are better"? If so, nah. We've never had options. There have always been one cookie cutter talent spec, do something else and fall behind. Doesn't matter if we got 10 talents or 100 talents or chose from, in the end everyone (who tries to be competative) will chose the exact same talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Anybody that didn't think things would be massively different in the leveling window from a buffed weapon to getting Azerite stuff has lost their mind or the ability to think. It will be a bit odd, just like leveling was in Legion having many old things that were removed baked into our weapons. It will be a bit odd, it also means as we get those new things again. It is also early in the testing period and people are going to have to adjust to things they have grown used to having for a year and a half being gone.
    Thing is though, we won't get an artifact this time around or legendaries or in many cases just fewer abilities.
    Heck, there aren't even any tier sets anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

What do the Arena Championship and Mythic+ Invitational have in common?

1. They're competitive.

2. Maudib wasn't invited to either.
    This is just too funny. I read these boards for info and stuff like this <3

It's unfortunate that 90% of the comments here take what Preach has said as facts when they are opinions. It's in his OPINION that specs feel dull without Artifacts and Azerite gear. If a spec doesn't feel good because you're missing one thing then that is bad design.

I'm only like 45 but frost mage is kinda boring if I have bad rng on procs fof and brain freeze.

Wouldn't shock me if this was true. Outside a couple specs, almost every class just was not fun to play at the beginning of Legion. Then when unlocked all of your artifact, and they felt playable again. We got a little more of alpha/beta to see how the classes pan out though so not gonna freak out yet.

Deleted
    The classes weren´t too great without artifact in Legion either, no? Judging it without the azerite gear is basically the same. You can´t say much for sure in most cases.

LOL preach... dude he's bad. and it's alpha. everyone still doomsayers when early alpha comes out. It's quite baffling that after 10+ yrs in this game the community hasn't learned their lesson regarding this.

I am super excited for the Survival revamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's simply untrue, Preaches videos are mostly pretty damn optimistic about WoW. In his Legion beta videos he kept praising WQ system, Mythic+, Artifact weapons and other features. Nobody brings him up when he says positive things because, suprise suprise, people are more drawn to negative information to create drama around. Like in this thread, or whatever.
    i think the negative videos i have seen from him are

problem in the mists
    boosted 90s
    legendary rant (he fucking called it and got so much shit for it at the time)

thats it as far as i can recall and those arent very negative hell the video linked here isnt even really negative people just seem to have ignored that part

i honestly think the guy was thinking about heelsvsbabyface because that guy is 1000% negative and even quit making wow videos because he gave argus so much shit when it was a third of one zone on the ptr and people get those two mixed up a bit for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thing is though, we won't get an artifact this time around or legendaries or in many cases just fewer abilities.
    Heck, there aren't even any tier sets anymore.
    So there wont be as many things, some will be folded into other things some will just be balanced around not having. You can easily make a case that things in our weapons now or in the Azerite gear is exactly the same as a set bonus so we wont be missing anything there. There are a few weapons now that have old tier bonuses as part of your weapons progression system. While a bit odd based on how the game has gone so far a change to tier bonuses should be a good thing, it certainly helps balance game play. It also puts an end to the nonsense TF nonsense we have had in Legion where some people are still using super TF tier sets from NH or ToS. I know of a few raids on my server that still run mythic NH and ToS weekly to farm out that stuff. Seeing raids with 3 resto druids and each has insane TF of each tier set. I will happily see that die off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm only like 45 but frost mage is kinda boring if I have bad rng on procs fof and brain freeze.
    No more Ebonbolt is going to make the spec even more dull. I am curious to see what they do to keep things from being a few spells and only 1 hardcast.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    this is probably the best video that sums up the situation

I'm sorry but NO.

Preach is informed and actually has info on different classes at the very least. This guy is just "fire mage, fire mage, whine whine and all the other classes aswell" <- even though he actually knows shit he just heard people complain.

"WAAAAH they took away some passive damage reduction from my fire mage which was really good in mythic plus." Thats called balancing the game stupid.

"Every single class out there feels bad without their artifact ability". WHAT? no. THats not even remotely the issue here lol. Its the passives that changes up gameplay and rotations. Its not one extra cd that makes the difference in this case.

"what if they took away pheonix flames?" THey didnt. "No but what if they did!!!!?!??!?!!" - SIGH

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    So there wont be as many things, some will be folded into other things some will just be balanced around not having. You can easily make a case that things in our weapons now or in the Azerite gear is exactly the same as a set bonus so we wont be missing anything there. There are a few weapons now that have old tier bonuses as part of your weapons progression system. While a bit odd based on how the game has gone so far a change to tier bonuses should be a good thing, it certainly helps balance game play. It also puts an end to the nonsense TF nonsense we have had in Legion where some people are still using super TF tier sets from NH or ToS. I know of a few raids on my server that still run mythic NH and ToS weekly to farm out that stuff. Seeing raids with 3 resto druids and each has insane TF of each tier set. I will happily see that die off.
    Say what? Where did you get that info from, please do share. Also, weapon progression? Theres nothing like that in the current alpha at least.