Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The new Drain Life is quite possibly one of the best spell effects i've seen:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyBlindingOrangeKlappa
    I honestly think the old one looked better.

Honestly my only gripe with the Warlock update is they still use the default casting animation. Everyone else got a custom animation.
    They do have one, you can see it in the model viewer. Looks pretty good.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Interesting if so. While it's probably better for the game overall, it is definitely going to feel like a kick in the teeth if all the work done throughout the years to get max First Aid only leads Blizz to say "Yeah, too bad about that." Makes me also wonder about other professions...there's a couple it seems like Blizz has trouble figuring out each expansion.
    Remove Engineering to make it a class.

They've said before that they've considered doing away with gathering professions and just tying gathering to the profession that uses the reagent, right? I feel like that'd be the next step up from removing First Aid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Any new content on the PTR to access?

7+ Year Old Account
    Guessing there wasn't a wave that went out today? Would have thought someone would have been invited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Remove Engineering to make it a class.

They've said before that they've considered doing away with gathering professions and just tying gathering to the profession that uses the reagent, right? I feel like that'd be the next step up from removing First Aid.
    That's somewhat my thought, though that completely screws over people who have specific gathering alts (I keep an Herbing/Mining Druid, for instance). I kind of wonder if they wouldn't wind up doing that if they were releasing WoW today for the first time. Probably would also get rid of Inscription, it feels like they are completely lost on how to use Glyphs and what to do with them.

I kind of wonder what sort of outcry from the community removing gathering professions and tying them into a profession using that reagent (Alchemy and Herbalism for instance) would bring. This might be a test bed for that...get rid of the one profession people generally don't care about and see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's somewhat my thought, though that completely screws over people who have specific gathering alts (I keep an Herbing/Mining Druid, for instance). I kind of wonder if they wouldn't wind up doing that if they were releasing WoW today for the first time. Probably would also get rid of Inscription, it feels like they are completely lost on how to use Glyphs and what to do with them.

I kind of wonder what sort of outcry from the community removing gathering professions and tying them into a profession using that reagent (Alchemy and Herbalism for instance) would bring. This might be a test bed for that...get rid of the one profession people generally don't care about and see how it goes.
    Gathering has been consistently devalued since WoD. Obviously we infamously had the Garrison where ANYONE could gather ANYTHING. We also had the change where gathering skill no longer matters, just for pre-WoD herbs (in that you get stems instead of flowers).

Feels like the writing is one the wall for 9.0 to remove gathering. The only real question is do we get to pick two professions or do we lose a profession slot?

As for Inscription, I say keep it. Glyphs still sell well despite losing a lot of them, and Blizz finally found the niche we'd been crying for Glyphs to have for years. And I guess Vantus Runes are a good thing...

Really I think the production professions all stay, maybe we even gain one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    This is going to be one of those things that sounds cool to 90% of people but the loud 10% screaming they have to get ganked or be gimped will ruin it for the rest of us.

"Blizz u suck I have to PvP out in open world to use PvP talents wtf remove world PvP"
    I mean I don't see how anyone can think that, it seemed to be a even more of an improvement for PVP in general. I'm not a pvper either, haven't done some serious PVP since Mist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It whouldn't really be that much of a problem, if they do it right.
    Say I had a gathering alt with lvl 600 herbalism. It turns into lvl 600 alchemy. My alt can still gather stuff, and my main can still craft stuff.

Someone mentioned that the Wolf mount looks more like the old school Vanilla/TBC/Wrath Worg model, which does point it towards being from Outlands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    It whouldn't really be that much of a problem, if they do it right.
    Say I had a gathering alt with lvl 600 herbalism. It turns into lvl 600 alchemy. My alt can still gather stuff, and my main can still craft stuff.
    But Inscription also uses Herbalism. And Engineering, Jewelery and Blacksmith uses Stone Gathering. Thats gotta be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So looks Discount Hati is replacing Way of the Cobra.

Nothing of value was lost. Will be an interesting tier with Dire Beast there, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyntos View Post
    But Inscription also uses Herbalism. And Engineering, Jewelery and Blacksmith uses Stone Gathering. Thats gotta be a problem.
    Easiest fix would be to convert it into a token to level one of those automatically to 600.

Or 100. I guess. IDK, apparently Draenor profession cap is now 100?

Deleted
    100 is max it seems, but yes, that would be a possible solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 is max it seems, but yes, that would be a possible solution.
    So is 100 the cap, period? Because if so let me go on the record saying I think profession levels go away in 9.0 as well.

Deleted
    So is 100 the cap, period? Because if so let me go on the record saying I think profession levels go away in 9.0 as well.
    When i remember the datamining correctly, Profession cap was squished to 100, yes.

Wonder if Drain Soul will use it as well.

Honestly my only gripe with the Warlock update is they still use the default casting animation. Everyone else got a custom animation.
    Only spell effects are in alpha, not animations

10+ Year Old Account
    When i remember the datamining correctly, Profession cap was squished to 100, yes.
    Yeah. Feels to me like either Blizz is hiding a major profession revamp in 8.0 or we're getting one in 9.0.

Honestly BFA feels like it has a lot of half revamps that make it more clear that 9.0 is going to be another expansion of revamps. Old World, Professions...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Someone mentioned that the Wolf mount looks more like the old school Vanilla/TBC/Wrath Worg model, which does point it towards being from Outlands.
    Then the Gorgrond map makes no sense.

I'd guess the remaining Orcs on Draenor banded together as Mag'har (literally just meaning uncorrupted) after Tanaan, since they don't want to continue as "Iron Horde"

10+ Year Old Account

Well I know that my Orc Male Warrior is using that mount...

Also someone did say the wolf mounts were being updated...
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Yeah. Feels to me like either Blizz is hiding a major profession revamp in 8.0 or we're getting one in 9.0.

Honestly BFA feels like it has a lot of half revamps that make it more clear that 9.0 is going to be another expansion of revamps. Old World, Professions...
    Or they reveal more Revamp things every build for BFA. Could be, that they are working on many revamps for BFA that they have not told us yet. Professions, new Models, maybe Old World will get a major Texture Update sometime in Testphase after revamping the Old World Level System in 7.3.5 and introducing so many new Races to level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They are finally starting to finish Zuldazar.