Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Raid stats over an entire expansion is a very representative tool and the best we have. It's actually your turn to come up with different stats to refute my claim.
    I don’t have to come up with any stats you made a claim now prove that claim true, raid stats don’t show people who don’t raid which is more then likely most people. Unless you have the sub numbers of wow and some sort of data showing who plays what spec while leveling pvping doing world content ect, your claim is pure mumbo jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyaxe2018 View Post
    Because melee wasn't viable then, and it is now. How does that invalidate the idea behind the spec?

And you only went 2/3 on Expose Weakness to get 5/5 Mortal Shots. If you were running this build your crit was high enough to 100% up time at 66%.
    Yes, you are right, honestly I did that on my phone and I didn't want to go over it. The point was that you avoided everything melee. I never said it invalidated the idea. He'll I still haven't argued to remove melee from the game. Mm is a caster now and I don't like casters (I haven't liked mm since they made it that way). Bm is both boring and feels like "I" do no damage so I don't like that either. I only play melee to tank, it's just not my can of beans otherwise. Shit.. give me something akin to old survival, make me use throwing weapons (like javelin or something) and make it more mobile and not 80% pet reliant and I would be happy. With that said, their current iteration of mm is pretty interesting now with steady shot back and and instant spender with rapid fire. If they make survival similar to the ffxiv red mage that might be interesting as well. Anyway I have 0 problema with a melee survival spec. People are arguing over a word.. the issue here is really that bliz screwed up by removing a spec instead of making a 4th like druid got.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Tell me Professor, how the fuck is the mentality of nonraiders going to be that much different? At the very best you're looking at minimal variance unless you have a good reason. Other than that, last time I checked there was a large enough pool in the LFR bracket if you wanted to be even more sure.
    Your asking for absolution which is hilarious since a lot of academic studies out there do not rely on absolute proof. You're a complete idiot if you think one needs absolution to make a claim, otherwise it wouldn't be called ''a claim''. If you have any intellectual capacity at all you will realize the stats are representative with only minimal variance.

I enjoyed playing melee survival. It was fun. But I didn't roll hunter to play melee and I vastly prefer ranged hunters... even though they were aweful to play this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    "Millions" is honestly a larger ballpark figure than WoW's total playerbase right now.

Illo dicto, you are getting some kind of weird mess that will be ranged half the time in BFA anyway. So, Blizzard listened to people like you, and they killed melee Survival, and resurrected its corpse as a monstrosity. Now, neither the people who liked ranged Survival will be happy nor will the people who liked Legion's melee Survival.
    I think what they are doing is awesome.

Actually.. hes got a point.. I played survival sometimes when I was doing dailies and stuff just for shits and giggles.. but I wouldn't raid with it.. but still I feel like the number is pretty low that would even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Yes, you are right, honestly I did that on my phone and I didn't want to go over it. The point was that you avoided everything melee. I never said it invalidated the idea. He'll I still haven't argued to remove melee from the game. Mm is a caster now and I don't like casters (I haven't liked mm since they made it that way). Bm is both boring and feels like "I" do no damage so I don't like that either. I only play melee to tank, it's just not my can of beans otherwise. Shit.. give me something akin to old survival, make me use throwing weapons (like javelin or something) and make it more mobile and not 80% pet reliant and I would be happy. With that said, their current iteration of mm is pretty interesting now with steady shot back and and instant spender with rapid fire. If they make survival similar to the ffxiv red mage that might be interesting as well. Anyway I have 0 problema with a melee survival spec. People are arguing over a word.. the issue here is really that bliz screwed up by removing a spec instead of making a 4th like druid got.
    In the yesteryear of racials, Troll Throwing Specialization always had me ready for them to add a Spear throwing Shadow Hunter spec/class into the mix. TBC surv was plain in a raid environment but over 50% crit and EW made it enjoyable and the options offered were fun in the old forever AVs, Wrath made something enjoyable with lnl and explosive shot that felt fresh. Black Arrow was the closest to a Shadow Hunter we ever got and may Throwing rip.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me Professor, how the fuck is the mentality of nonraiders going to be that much different? At the very best you're looking at minimal variance unless you have a good reason. Other than that, last time I checked there was a large enough pool in the LFR bracket if you wanted to be even more sure.
    Your asking for absolution which is hilarious since a lot of academic studies out there do not rely on absolute proof. You're a complete idiot if you think one needs absolution to make a claim, otherwise it wouldn't be called ''a claim''. If you have any intellectual capacity at all you will realize the stats are representative with only minimal variance.
    I didn’t actually ask for absolution you made the claim that more people are defending it then actually playing it all I asked was for you to back that up with proof and stated that raid stats are a flawed metric as not every one raids.

Any studie done with flawed metric is worthless and there is no more flawed a metric then thinking every one who raids is every one who plays wow.

Yeah, I would trade focus back to mana for wrath survival back... aspect of the viper and all.

They should have just given BM the last ranged Surv kit. BM is boring and has been for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any studie done with flawed metric is worthless and there is no more flawed a metric then thinking every one who raids is every one who plays wow.
    And this is the part where you start explaining why raiders are apparently so different to other people playing this game.
    Even if you think that's the case, the LFR pool should already give you a hint you're wrong.

I approve that. Really miss the old survival hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    And this is the part where you start explaining why raiders are apparently so different to other people playing this game.
    Even if you think that's the case, the LFR pool should already give you a hint you're wrong.
    Why would I have to explain that? When I do dungeons or when I did pug as I don’t now I would play mm, but when i pvped id play survival and in the open world bm. Just because some one doesn’t raid as a spec doesn’t mean they never touch the spec.

Is it so hard to just admit your statement is wrong?

Because you shit on the raid stats, thats why. In short; the stats are representative unless raiders are doing something differently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because you shit on the raid stats, thats why. In short; the stats are representative unless raiders are doing something differently.
    So in short raid stats tell you nothing other then who’s raiding as that spec, making them ultimately pointless in showing who plays what spec outside of raids which is most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I'd love to see some reasoning as to why they are slowly trying to retcon Beastmasters away, Rexxar is odd and BM should have been the melee spec like everyone expected. Survival can totally have ranged back.
    cause BM hunters are the majority of the class. it's the bottom dps and still most played in raiding. all the casual pet collectors play BM too. no way they would mess around with that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So in short raid stats tell you nothing other then who’s raiding as that spec, making them ultimately pointless in showing who plays what spec outside of raids which is most of the game.

Why would the stats outside of the raids be majorly different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I'd love to see some reasoning as to why they are slowly trying to retcon Beastmasters away, Rexxar is odd and BM should have been the melee spec like everyone expected. Survival can totally have ranged back.
    Melee BM hunters would make sense... but Survival was the one with the Melee Talents way back when.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would the stats outside of the raids be majorly different?
    People don’t only play the spec they raid as.

I usually do.. lol. Even leveling as a paladin I level as protection when questing. As a hunter the only reason I ever went survival was to mess around. Don't knock it til you try it right? But in previous expansions I was always survival. Never changed in or out of raids.