Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Those are marginal benefits next to a spell that did partial damage during movement, healed a metric ton, gave shards, and didn’t compete with our other casts as heavily due to being able to interrupt it early at lesser loss for a higher priority cast.

Not to mention the obvious theme to affliction was always more aligned with soul drains and malefic grasp, and in Blizzards hamfisted way of nerfing affliction due to bandwagon envy cries, instead of reducing or removing the healimg from drain soul they copied demos spec nuke onto affliction as well so they could also spare themselves the need to update its animation alingside other warlock spells.
    Honestly, I think Shadowbolt filler/ DS execute is a good middle ground, and allows shard sniping to stay. Altho I think DS should no longer heal, and could be (very lightly) buffed elsewhere to compensate, even though I don't think we really need it in pve.

I get people like the drain fantasy, but we're still warlocks, and as i've said before, it's fine for a spec to have elements of another, with talents/ options make it fit the spec more (like shadow's embrace).

And surely, with pandemic, weaving in shadowbolts and DS ticks in movement isn't that much of a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Dingdong GoSup is dead.

I'm really happy with this, would much rather use one of the other demons and get the guardian back as a cd.
    Sup is dead, and I can't see Doomguard/ Infernal for Affliction/ Demonology, destruction still has summon Infernal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Honestly, I think Shadowbolt filler/ DS execute is a good middle ground, and allows shard sniping to stay. Altho I think DS should no longer heal, and could be (very lightly) buffed elsewhere to compensate, even though I don't think we really need it in pve.

I get people like the drain fantasy, but we're still warlocks, and as i've said before, it's fine for a spec to have elements of another, with talents/ options make it fit the spec more (like shadow's embrace).

And surely, with pandemic, weaving in shadowbolts and DS ticks in movement isn't that much of a conflict.

Sup is dead, and I can't see Doomguard/ Infernal for Affliction/ Demonology, destruction still has summon Infernal.
    That's a shame, but still better than live.

It looks like Doomguard/ Infernal might be replaced by the Demonic Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Shadowburn is a good talent for PVP, maybe

- - - Updated - - -

yes, is gone
    I hope not...unless it is as an execute.

May the inevitable qq begin over "stupid design" that is still going to change (probably).

New build hype.
    Last edited by Nixl; 2018-02-13 at 08:35 PM.

So, thematically some of the new Demo talents sound cool. But it's hard to piece together how the spec will play yet, especially since Soulfire and HoG have the same tooltip.

But it seems like things are moving in a decent direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's still a bunch of placeholders, so no point analyzing it much. Guess they still are into demons spam, but there seem to be bigger ones these time, Commander, Bombers, some additional unspecified demons. Commander looks like a DPS cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten core hype

So this build makes Backdraft baseline at one stack per Conflag, with the talent in its current place becoming one that adds the second stack back. Eradication ate a nerf at its expense, because baseline power obviously goes up with something like this and the "new" talent is obviously weaker than the old.

I'd prefer to just have straight Backdraft baseline, of course, but if the options are half baseline or none the answer is pretty self-explanatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so sure why they are so terrified of baseline backdraft in full.

Deleted
    So, it appears that demonology is going to keep some of the ideas from Legion. So far it looks like they removed Demonic Empowerment, put in Soulfire, gave us several spells that summon more demons, and a felguard empower CD. I also read something about a Demon Commander, so it appears we might get a demon that buffs other demons.

It all makes it look like that demonology is going to be the sustain specc. I wonder how the flow of it will be and how well we can AoE/cleave/multitarget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not so sure why they are so terrified of baseline backdraft in full.
    Yeah seems like a waste of a talent spot, just kinda boring to get one extra stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    Yeah seems like a waste of a talent spot, just kinda boring to get one extra stack.
    They should totally word it as "Backdraft grants 100% more stacks" or something just to make it sound really powerful. :V 100% is a lot!

7+ Year Old Account
    We are finally getting the big demons we should have gotten in legion. It seems like, at least aesthetically, demo is getting a huge upgrade. Hopefully we will see actual spell effects soon.

I'd like to thank everyone that complained about how incinerate looked bad on alpha, thank you very much...now it really does look like shit.

Nice job.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281574/u...-spell-effects

Aweeesome...

1 stack of Backdraft as baseline is actually gonna be a huge buff in terms of cleaving, especially when specced into Eradication.
    This means we can still Havoc > Conflag > CB > Conflag > CB > CB
    If we would specc Eradication without baseline backdraft it would nerf the cleave windows heavily

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Shadowburn will probably remain mostly useless unless they change fundamental things with the spec. It does the same damage as an incinerate and only generates bits so really it only seems useful for having something to cast while moving.

The thing that made shadowburn great was that embers were so scarce and it generated a full one, and it did enough damage that you could game the old havoc mechanic to see a dps increase. Generation hasnt changed and shadowburn only drops bits into the mix of already high gen while not doing much dmg.

The mechanic itself feels good and the charges do let it be used for movement which is nice but the rest of the spec surrounding it still doesnt support it.
    The old shadowburn made destruction a much better spec as a whole. I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    Please keep in mind guys it’s still super early and also... big star squish is coming with this expansion so what might seem like a nerf is really just damage adjustments due to the stat squishes
    Still waiting for Blizzard to unprune the pruning that took place in WoD and Legion. I used to love destro back in MoP.

So Demo has 2 baseline medium cooldowns, with up to 3 more from talents? Hope those become more interactive... (I suppose Bilescourge could replace Commander, since they're same cooldown, but Vilefiend probably won't replace Imp Swarm because of other talents in different rows.)

First impression: uh oh
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-02-13 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well it's still a bunch of placeholders, so no point analyzing it much. Guess they still are into demons spam, but there seem to be bigger ones these time, Commander, Bombers, some additional unspecified demons. Commander looks like a DPS cooldown.
    Yeah, says 1.5 minute CD.

But it looks like Soul Fire is back for demo, what with the Molten Core effects.