Poll: Will you need to old BC/WoD content achievements to unlock Mag'har Orcs?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mag'har Orcs - Will it require BC/WoD achievements?

Should be interesting to see if the new Draenor Orc allied race will also have ties to the old achievements from where most of the Mag'har lore came from. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Should be interesting to see if the new Draenor Orc allied race will also have ties to the old achievements from where most of the Mag'har lore came from. What do you guys think?
    I think all allied races should have requirement of purchasing Battle For Azeroth. This should be only requirement player need to meet to make class of said race.

I feel that these new races should be introduced independently of expansions and, indeed, require specific achievements\feats in-game related to said races.

Deleted
    Depends on when they are released. If there's lack of other content during that time, then they may pull off old reputations/achievments. If it will be huge content patch then unlikely.

Boy I sure hope so. I'd love to see how many people cry about that. People couldn't even be bothered to play the game for the past 2 years, at all, to get the stuff needed for the current allied races.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, in Battle for Azeroth, to unlock the Mag'har Orcs, you'll need to pay 4,986 Apexis Crystals. exactly 4,986. Not 4,985, that would be too little, and 4,987 would be ludicrous. Exactly 4,986.
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2018-02-13 at 10:45 PM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Boy I sure hope so. I'd love to see how many people cry about that. People couldn't even be bothered to play the game for the past 2 years, at all, to get the stuff needed for the current allied races.
    There's a dude in my guild who can't even gather together enough gold to buy a flask for raid night because that's how little he's interested in playing the game.

Literally 3 world quests or a mission table thing and you can buy 3+ flasks depending on server...

Naturally he's pissed he can't play allied races, but he probably wouldn't level them up anyway, sooo?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    There's a dude in my guild who can't even gather together enough gold to buy a flask for raid night because that's how little he's interested in playing the game.

Literally 3 world quests or a mission table thing and you can buy 3+ flasks depending on server...

Naturally he's pissed he can't play allied races, but he probably wouldn't level them up anyway, sooo?
    If he's not interested in playing the game, boot his lazy ass so he doesn't feel some sort of obligation to log on or drag himself onto the game. No reason for those sort of people in this game. You want to play or you don't. F that.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I really hope that Blizz will go with Draenor Orcs.

But I think they'll go with Mag'har Orcs for the sole reason of them having a rep grind named after them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course they won't, in fact Blizzard specifically mentioned that allied races are connected to the expansion that releases them, so you aren't going to have an allied race tied into a previous expansion (the existing 4 were released in Legion). My money is on Allied Races being released in between raids along with a quest line. If they require reputation it'll always be a BFA reputation.

The datamined Gorgrond map and the mount's journal description which states it being native to Draenor, not Outland, leads me to believe we're getting AU orcs, which are being called mag'har ("uncorrupted" in orcish) to differentiate them from regular orcs.

That being said, there really isn't a WoD reputation I know of that would work for them, unless they're adding a new one or there isn't one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The datamined Gorgrond map and the mount's journal description which states it being native to Draenor, not Outland, leads me to believe we're getting AU orcs, which are being called mag'har ("uncorrupted" in orcish) to differentiate them from regular orcs.

That being said, there really isn't a WoD reputation I know of that would work for them, unless they're adding a new one or there isn't one at all.
    you do know outland was once draenor?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

Frostwolf Orc
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally like the idea of Allied Races being a reward for players completing achievements and reputation grinds involving those races.

So, sure. Assuming that they're the orcs of Outland, not AU Draenor, then completing the achievements "Mag'har of Draenor" and "Nagrand Slam" would definitely make the most sense.

However, given what we know of how the new Allied Races post-launch are likely to be implemented, it may instead involve completing new achievements that are tied into new expansion content.

I wouln't mind it. As long as the grind isn't ridiculous, I really don't mind putting in the work to unlock something.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    you do know outland was once draenor?
    Yes, but the Datamined map has it in Gorgrond which along with Frostfire ridge became Blade's Edge Mountains in Outlands.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

My gripe with the whole thing would be that us green original Orcs would have loved to have the customisation that these new Orcs will be getting. I'm talking about the tattoo's, etc. I really hope they don't forget about the original races of Warcraft and add some much needed extra options to them.

It would be kind of interesting to have it be the Mag'har BC rep (Seeing Outland come to life again), but on the other hand I think they want the unlock to be plot relevant. Like, the Highmountain/Army of the Light reps are still current content. I see future unlocks staying that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, but the Datamined map has it in Gorgrond which along with Frostfire ridge became Blade's Edge Mountains in Outlands.
    I'm thinking that if they are adding the Mag'har then it would be more of a time-lapse quest in learning how the Mag'har survived and became who they are. Well that what I'm hoping, the less WoD is in the main story the better IMHO.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I resubbed to make a Nightbourne. I had quit a bit before nighthold and had wanted to main on my mage instead of the toon I played initially. She was already 110 but hadn't done anything in Suramar outside of the initial unlock of Shal'aran.

Got exalted in like, maybe a month? Probably a little less to be honest and I only played for maybe 4-8 hours a week give or take. All I did was play through the Suramar story, which being my first time through was pretty entertaining too, so bonus there. I think I did the withered training scenario 3 times total? Only completed 2 emissaries for Nightfallen and I think I completed the table mission for them 3ish times.

Every time I see someone whining about the rep grinding for allied races I laugh. So yeah, I agree, I would LOVE to enjoy that particular river of tears. I expect it will be so very very sweet.