Poll: Will you need to old BC/WoD content achievements to unlock Mag'har Orcs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Doing outdated content is not going to be a thing. Blizz has said multiple times they don't like people having to do outdated content. However, that we get new quests/scenarios where we might have to go to Outland, Pandaria, Draenor etc, where ever the race is from, I think is likely. However, I doubt we will have to farm severely outdated reputations. What gameplay would it be to go to Outland as a lvl 120 and kill lvl 70 mobs? That being said, having to grind a current content rep is not off the table.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I'm thinking that if they are adding the Mag'har then it would be more of a time-lapse quest in learning how the Mag'har survived and became who they are. Well that what I'm hoping, the less WoD is in the main story the better IMHO.
    Yeah, I don't think that is likely. The recruitment quests involve us the players, that seems to be a lot work for a little pay off.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, but the Datamined map has it in Gorgrond which along with Frostfire ridge became Blade's Edge Mountains in Outlands.
    Yes, but it could be used for a flashback, or even a broken off piece of Outland. The thing about scenario minimaps is that they show the entire zone regardless of whether or not you'll actually be able to access more than a small section of the zone.

Hell, the Lightforged draenei unlock scenario uses a chunk of Tanaan Jungle, a place the Lightforged should never have even visited, but T'paartos has memories of going there, I guess.

For all we know, the scenario to unlock the Mag'har orcs will be going to the Throne of Elements and eating mushrooms to have a vision of the past.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-02-13 at 11:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, but it could be used for a flashback, or even a broken off piece of Outland. The thing about scenario minimaps is that they show the entire zone regardless of whether or not you'll actually be able to access more than a small section of the zone.

Hell, the Lightforged draenei unlock scenario uses a chunk of Tanaan Jungle, a place the Lightforged should never have even visited, but T'paartos has memories of going there, I guess.

For all we know, the scenario to unlock the Mag'har orcs will be going to the Throne of Elements and eating mushrooms to have a vision of the past.
    Which also happens to have the Iron Docks? Doubtful.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Which also happens to have the Iron Docks? Doubtful.
    Once again, the Iron Docks being on the minimap only matters if you can actually reach them during the scenario. Stop being obtuse.

Deleted
    lol no pls

who the ... would like to return to wod

90 % of us suffered during this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    My gripe with the whole thing would be that us green original Orcs would have loved to have the customisation that these new Orcs will be getting. I'm talking about the tattoo's, etc. I really hope they don't forget about the original races of Warcraft and add some much needed extra options to them.
    Im confident they'll add new cool stuff to the old races once all the allied races have come out and everyone has rerolled.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, the Iron Docks being on the minimap only matters if you can actually reach them during the scenario. Stop being obtuse.
    Don't project. They MOVED the iron docks on the mini-map ... why would they do that? I am not being obtuse, I am pointing out that YOU are stretching to make an argument. There is a difference, I fully understand your argument ... you are the one waving away mine and coming across as not understanding.
    –The Sith Code

Now....what kind of explosion would happen if they join the Alliance?

The map is the old Alpha/Beta version before the major changes that ended up in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Now....what kind of explosion would happen if they join the Alliance?

The map is the old Alpha/Beta version before the major changes that ended up in WoD.
    I feel like Humans on the Horde and Orcs on the Alliance would be sacrilegious to the foundation of Warcraft - I just can't see Blizzard ever doing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't project. They MOVED the iron docks on the mini-map
    It's the minimap for Gorgrond as it appeared in the Warlords of Draenor alpha. They are either reusing an old version of the map or an old version of the minimap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo69SaeHt2o

Just because you see something on the minimap does not mean you will be able to see it in the game. We went through this same stuff with the "flooded Silithus" minimap ages ago.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here.

The quest to unlock the allied races annoys me more than the rep and achievement requirements. I don't really care about the lore and the quest is super boring if you have any kind of current gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Actually, in Battle for Azeroth, to unlock the Mag'har Orcs, you'll need to pay 4,986 Obsidian Warbeads. Exactly 4,986. Not 4,985, that would be too little, and 4,987 would be ludicrous. Exactly 4,986.
    Fixed it for you.
    I've always hated the More Warbeads! repeatable quest.
    Hopefully not needed, but who knows. It's Blizzard after all.

For those of you interested in doing this grind, here's the starting point for
    Horde: Proving Your Strength.
    Alliance: Fierce Enemies.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the minimap for Gorgrond as it appeared in the Warlords of Draenor alpha. They are either reusing an old version of the map or an old version of the minimap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo69SaeHt2o

Just because you see something on the minimap does not mean you will be able to see it in the game. We went through this same stuff with the "flooded Silithus" minimap ages ago.
    Did you not read the rest or not care to pay attention ... I already indirectly addressed this. If you aren't going to be bothered to read and respond to my full post, do me a favor and don't respond. Justifying your stretch doesn't make it any less a stretch.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-02-13 at 11:39 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I'm going to be perfectly honest here.

The quest to unlock the allied races annoys me more than the rep and achievement requirements. I don't really care about the lore and the quest is super boring if you have any kind of current gear.
    This game is in fact a MMORPG. Although it might've been a bit absent earlier on, perhaps they are only attempting to rooting down the RPG for the immersion and to draw the playerbase into the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume it could be both, since you would be exposed to the reps through leveling up your snazzy new highmountains, velfs, and so forth to get the legacy armor.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Getting access to Allied races shouldn't be as simple as paying a box and sub price. There are already many races available through those means.

I hope they'll have some sort of requirement for every Allied race that they add, only easing up on the requirements later on. Then the people who are outraged that they have to play the game which they want to play but cba to play for more than a month or 2 before remembering they're too cool for the game, can just wait until requirements are removed at which point they can login and bitch about how they won't spend money nor time to get characters of said races at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    There's a dude in my guild who can't even gather together enough gold to buy a flask for raid night because that's how little he's interested in playing the game.

Literally 3 world quests or a mission table thing and you can buy 3+ flasks depending on server...

Naturally he's pissed he can't play allied races, but he probably wouldn't level them up anyway, sooo?
    Oh yes, players with that attitude are all too familiar. It's especially funny when that kind of player attempts to join guilds that clear content at a respectable rate, but then get angry and try to blacklist the guild for "being elitist" as they are kicked for not wanting to bother with neither consumables nor tactics and understanding of classes.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-13 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    There's a dude in my guild who can't even gather together enough gold to buy a flask for raid night because that's how little he's interested in playing the game.

Literally 3 world quests or a mission table thing and you can buy 3+ flasks depending on server...

Naturally he's pissed he can't play allied races, but he probably wouldn't level them up anyway, sooo?
    And people say Raiding is harder than ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you not read the rest or not care to pay attention ... I already indirectly addressed this. If you aren't going to be bothered to read and respond to my full post, do me a favor and don't respond.
    You are saying "they moved the iron docks" when I am saying they are repurposing an old unused map. They didn't "move" anything. You are the one making all the assumptions based on nothing more than an old minimap from the WoD alpha.

This is just like when people were in a tizzy over Un'goro being flooded in the Magni's Warning scenario minimap. The only reason it was flooded is because the zone is below sea level, and they didn't bother to adjust the sea level because you couldn't get there.

To make any assumptions about the purpose of that minimap beyond "we may see some of this terrain in the game at some point" is a leap. For all we know they're just going to fog of war you into the old alpha Laughing Skull village, which originally had a completely different design and no Laughing Skull iconography, and repurpose that as an old Mag'har village.

You are free to speculate, but to assume that "the Iron Docks are in a different place" actually means anything is very shortsighted.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are saying "they moved the iron docks" when I am saying they are repurposing an old unused map. They didn't "move" anything. You are the one making all the assumptions based on nothing more than an old minimap from the WoD alpha.

This is just like when people were in a tizzy over Un'goro being flooded in the Magni's Warning scenario minimap. The only reason it was flooded is because the zone is below sea level, and they didn't bother to adjust the sea level because you couldn't get there.

To make any assumptions about the purpose of that minimap beyond "we may see some of this terrain in the game at some point" is a leap. For all we know they're just going to fog of war you into the old alpha Laughing Skull village, which originally had a completely different design and no Laughing Skull iconography, and repurpose that as an old Mag'har village.

You are free to speculate, but to assume that "the Iron Docks are in a different place" actually means anything is very shortsighted.
    Are you not paying attention? You do know that the example of Un'goro on a Silithis map isn't evidence for Gorgrond on a Gorgrond map ... you'd have a point if I mentioned that they show Frostfire Ridge on the map. I am NOT arguing your wrong and in fact, I haven't even stated what I am speculating ... what I am saying is YOU ARE STRETCHING TO MAKE YOUR POINT and that there is ZERO EVIDENCE TO MAKE SAID POINT.
    –The Sith Code