Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Must be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to opt in or out of world PvP?

This has to be a joke. Please tell me it's only temporarily for the alpha, because it's fucking stupid.

AFAIK it's any capital city, but yes, you have to go to a hub which will then move you to a new shard when you leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    AFAIK it's any capital city, but yes, you have to go to a hub which will then move you to a new shard when you leave.
    That's fucking dumb. Blizzard really killed PvP in BfA. Noone will want to travel to one of the capital cities just to opt into or out of pvp they'd just rather not bother. I know i won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thats pretty weird. I mean since flagging moves you to "pvp" shard, its not like you can flag to attack someone unsuspecting. I fail to see reason behind this change.

I don't get whats so wrong about it? You want rogues to be able to vanish + switch to pve?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Pretty obvious actually and makes sense with no PVP servers anymore. Dont want people to pop in and pop out all the time
    ^This /char
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    That's fucking dumb. Blizzard really killed PvP in BfA. Noone will want to travel to one of the capital cities just to opt into or out of pvp they'd just rather not bother. I know i won't.
    How is it dumb?

We've known that it will work this way for what - 4 months now?

Since Cataclysm Blizz has been moving towards trying to make server choices as least important as possible. They merged a bunch, then just did an open world merge and now the only thing that's really server specific is mythic raiding and world PvP.

In BfA they are adding to their philosophy on this by letting you choose whether or not you want to be in world pvp - really important given that so many people will be playing new characters from level 20 and probably don't want a frustrating ride on the gank train.

Also they are introducing a "communities" feature separate of guilds or servers that you can join. So you could say join a community around a popular youtuber or streamer and meet other fans to raid/M+/PvP with.

All this change does is make it so world PvP is the province of maximum level characters.

The other big benefit to this is if you're world questing you'll no longer get randomly sharded into a PvP realm while trying to say kill a world boss or elite rare.

PvP isn't dead, they just realize that for most folks it's about it being instanced.

They don't want people to pop in and out of the pvp whenever they want. I 100% support this. I don't want cowards disappearing on me :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be any capital city OR sanctuary, to avoid people vanishing randomly from the PvP shards. No problem with that imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats pretty weird. I mean since flagging moves you to "pvp" shard, its not like you can flag to attack someone unsuspecting. I fail to see reason behind this change.
    Because being flagged is supposed to confer special benefits like increasing reputation and experience gains. They don't want player to just PVP flag when they turn in quests or when it feels safe to get the benefits.

You still have to make a hard choice to play in a PvP environment or you chose to play in a PvE environment. It's not something you can just jump in and out of to make things easier on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It is so people don't jump in and out of phases. Besides lag issues created when people do this. Many of seen this after patches when using the group finder add ons. The bigger issue would be game play. Sneak a raid over to an area on the pve phase then all jump to pvp and stomp on a bunch of people and jump back before anybody can do anything. If you want to play on a pvp phase you decide ahead of time, much like you do when you roll on a pvp server. If you don't want to pvp you also decide ahead of time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been known since Blizzcon.. and now you are complaining?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Stupid restriction. They could have made it much more relaxed way, something like "can't toggle off for few minutes after engaging into PvP", and some small CD when you toggle it on or off. No need to visit capital city, this is stupid.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-02-14 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter for me. I'll go into a city day 1, type /pvp, and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Doesn't matter for me. I'll go into a city day 1, type /pvp, and never look back.

This.

OP acts like they are never in a capital city. I think those who do not like this restriction are the very type of player this restriction was created for.

I hope that they allow it in all capital cities rather than JUST Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Also, what will happen if an opted out player enters an enemy capital city?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP has been dead since Cata, it rally changes nothing :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    PvP has been dead since Cata, it rally changes nothing :P
    world PVP.. PVP in general has been dead since WoD, it cata it was still good

but in reality world pvp died in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    world PVP.. PVP in general has been dead since WoD, it cata it was still good

but in reality world pvp died in vanilla
    Oh world PVP died in vanilla I agree, but even up until WotLK there was still Crossroad raids and City raids. Cataclysm introduced old world flying and that really put the nail on the coffin to world PvP, at least I think ti did. Do people even do city raids anymore? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

So because you won't, nobody will?

Good to know.

And I imagine your salt levels would be through the roof if say, Rogues could vanish and opt out of PVP, or Nelfs could shadowmeld and opt out of PVP, in any area. People having to commit to the decision and thus be sharded for PVP until they return to a city should be considered a positive.