Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Just do it. Millions would love to see it back.
    Millions don't even play hunter. However you are in luck to some degree. SV has a few options to make it a mid range or temp range spec for BfA.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Yes! Return sv to ranged, but...
    Return enh to how it was in mop, unholy to cata, frost dk to cata, blood dk to wotlk times, fury warr to cata, arms to mop, feral to wotlk times as well...
    Do you people not understand that if blizz reverted sv to ranged, it would still not be the same spec it was simply because of the insane outrage it would cause in other class communities...
    Last edited by mmocbdea067319; 2018-02-14 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you're the one being selfish, wanting to remove the only melee spec with a pet.

and don't give me crap about unholy, unholy is edgelord shit. i want a badass orc warrior charging into battle with her battle worg, and that's what i got. so all y'all wanting to changed to ranged again can fuck right off.
    We were first and you gleefully cheered on Blizzard stealing our spec: the ONLY spec with poisoned arrows and explosive munitions. Now you can't stomach the idea of the same happening to you. That makes you the selfish one here.

I also get a kick whenever a Survival apologist defends ranged Survival getting removed because it was apparently just a slightly different ranged weapon user while also vehemently defending melee SV becuase it's a slightly different melee weapon user.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    They should have just given BM the last ranged Surv kit. BM is boring and has been for awhile.
    Such a toolkit would not fit BM thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People don’t only play the spec they raid as.
    The proportion of a class that is casual and doesn't raid at all is a common denominator for all classes. You are effectively banking on Survival in particular having a massive pool of casual players out there that for some reason doesn't show up in any recorded end game content. That's blissfully naive.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimas12 View Post
    Yes! Return sv to ranged, but...
    Return enh to how it was in mop, unholy to cata, frost dk to cata, blood dk to wotlk times, fury warr to cata, arms to mop, feral to wotlk times as well...
    Do you people not understand that if blizz reverted sv to ranged, it would still not be the same spec it was simply because of the insane outrage it would cause in other class communities...
    Do you people not understand that we generally support people of outher specs wanting their favourite playstyles back too?

Also, Survival was changed to a much greater and more notable degree to every spec you mentioned. This is just another false equivalency.

I love survival im playing it, stop trying to make us who enjoy it lose it punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Forget it. If they were going to remove melee-SV, now was the perfect time to do it. Considering the abysmal failure of the spec in legion they had two choices; scrap it or go forward with it and sink more time into it. They made a conscious decision to move forward with it. Now, they will sink even more time into creating melee SV, and the chances of them bringing back ranged SV dropped to zero. Extremely inplausible they will remove melee SV in the future after having reworked it twice (speculation beyond 9.0 is pointless). They will never bring back ranged SV, any chance for that has flown out of the window.
    Were you saying the same about melee Hunters as of 6.0 when Hunters had been purely ranged for multiple expansions?

If it can abruptly change in the melee direction, it can abruptly go back as well. ESPECIALLY since melee Survival hasn't been around for nearly as long and has also been an infamous failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I love survival im playing it, stop trying to make us who enjoy it lose it punk
    Refer to my response to @derpkitteh. You gleefully supported those who enjoyed ranged Survival losing their spec. Don't dish it out when you can't take it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    The proportion of a class that is casual and doesn't raid at all is a common denominator for all classes. You are effectively banking on Survival in particular having a massive pool of casual players out there that for some reason doesn't show up in any recorded end game content. That's blissfully naive.
    If you have accrete stats to show what spec people use while leveling world questing pvping ect, show them. It’s not a raid heavy spec sure but that in no way means more people are defending it then playing it or that people soly play the spec they raid as.

Deleted
    Also, Survival was changed to a much greater and more notable degree to every spec you mentioned. This is just another false equivalency.
    Really? Are you sure? BLood turned from dps to tank, rune system butchered, unholy turned from plaguemaster into skeleton summoner. enh turned from slower pace, hard hitting spec into spam spam spam spam spec that feels like you are doing nothing at all (even though you are)

Do you people not understand that we generally support people of outher specs wanting their favourite playstyles back too?
    That's bullexcrements and you know it. If people like you ran the game, WoW would not have lived past TBC (maybe wotlk) due to never changing and not trying new styles out

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i say either keep it melee or make BM melee and survival about traps.

Hunters SHOULD have a nelee spec where we fight alongside our pets ala rexxar or many classic pet master types

No. Plenty of people are enjoying the melee aspect of a Hunter... as it was previously all the specs were pretty indistinguishable from each other prior to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    No. Plenty of people are enjoying the melee aspect of a Hunter... as it was previously all the specs were pretty indistinguishable from each other prior to Legion.
    Seeing how I liked the kiting and dot aspect of SV over the turret blow up aspect of MM it's comments like this that make me hope they delete the melee spec altogether....

Quote Originally Posted by anonimas12 View Post
    Really? Are you sure? BLood turned from dps to tank, rune system butchered, unholy turned from plaguemaster into skeleton summoner. enh turned from slower pace, hard hitting spec into spam spam spam spam spec that feels like you are doing nothing at all (even though you are)

That's bullexcrements and you know it. If people like you ran the game, WoW would not have lived past TBC (maybe wotlk) due to never changing and not trying new styles out
    Blood didn't go from dps to tank, that was before the specs changed to how they are now. people tanked as all 3 specs of dk. Also, you can make minimal changes and honestly, play the way you want and like. The problem is not that they changed the spec, the problem is that they changed it entirely and gave no similar option. Peoplr can argue it was too much like MM all they want, that is their opinion. My opinion is that I can't stand mm since it became a caster and I played sv even before that.hell give me throwing weapons and instant abilities with a decently non boring rotation that isn't reliant on a pet and I'll be fine with that.. he'll it could be sub par on damage and I would still play it over bm, mm, melee, or a mage class.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Seeing how I liked the kiting and dot aspect of SV over the turret blow up aspect of MM it's comments like this that make me hope they delete the melee spec altogether....
    Would making BM a melee spec [which, honestly, makes a whole lot more sense] instead make you feel any better?

Argument isn't to remove melee survival. It is to give us a similar play style to the ranged survival. Hard casting stationary abilities is for mage classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Would making BM a melee spec [which, honestly, makes a whole lot more sense] instead make you feel any better?
    No, because people like bm as ranged with a pet I'm sure. I honestly would love ranged with a pet that isn't reliant on the pet like the other 2 specs used to be (pet was roughly 12% of your damage on any given raid fight as sv and mm).
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

No. Plenty of people are enjoying the melee aspect of a Hunter.
    Less than 2% of hunters are playing Survival now.

When survival was ranged it was close to 40% at some points. Not only that, but the total class population decreased significantly when Ranged survival was removed. A fair percentage of the hunter player base abandoned the class altogether when survival went Melee.

"Plenty" more people enjoyed playing survival when it was ranged than the pitifully tiny amount of people who enjoy it now.

You think it seems fair to screw them over?

If they (melee SV) are ok with people that lost stuff they enjoyed or taking away others enjoyment fuck em delete the melee spec and SV altogether.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-02-14 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Less than 2% of hunters are playing Survival now.

When survival was ranged it was close to 40% at some points. Not only that, but the total class population decreased significantly when Ranged survival was removed. A fair percentage of the hunter player base abandoned the class altogether when survival went Melee.

"Plenty" more people enjoyed playing survival when it was ranged than the pitifully tiny amount of people who enjoy it now.
    It doesn't help they released Surv busted and wouldn't even acknowledge that Mastery was completely bugged until they dropped a patch. People did not want to dedicate time to a broken class. They need to take better feedback but that feedback also needs to be more than people saying "delete melee hunter".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyaxe2018 View Post
    They need to take better feedback but that feedback also needs to be more than people saying "delete melee hunter".
    It doesn't though, really. Nobody wanted Melee hunter. Nobody plays melee hunter. People abandoned not only the spec, but the entire class when SV was deleted.

The game has 12 other Melee DPS specs, but only 2 ranged weapon specs. Delete melee hunter, bring back a spec that uses bows. It's really extraordinarily simple.

The less than 0.2% of the entire player population that actually plays Survival can just reroll or quit.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-14 at 07:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It doesn't though, really. Nobody wanted Melee hunter. Nobody plays melee hunter. People abandoned not only the spec, but the entire class when SV was deleted.

The game has 12 other Melee DPS specs, but only 2 ranged weapon specs. Delete melee hunter, bring back a spec that uses bows. It's really extraordinarily simple.

The less than 0.2% of the entire player population that actually plays Survival can just reroll or quit.
    I wanted meele hunter so speak for your self.

The game has 11 other range specs and only one with a pet and meele, just reroll or quit.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-02-14 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Forgot about warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wanted meele hunter so speak for your self.

The game has 8 other range specs and only one with a pet and meele, just reroll or quit.
    Pretty much, they botched round one and just need to fix it. There is already 2 range weapon specs for hunter, if people are unhappy with them that is not an issue with surv.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyaxe2018 View Post
    Pretty much, they botched round one and just need to fix it. There is already 2 range weapon specs for hunter, if people are unhappy with them that is not an issue with surv.
    Neither of them played like Ranged SV, (granted hearing some of the complaints and the revert to mop stuff in the class design section on the official forums they don't play like they used to either) but if that's the best you can do go play a DK with a pet and let SV have their ranged back if that's your argument, there was already a melee with a pet right........ it all plays the same right.........