Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the model size mean nothing in wow, its only blizzard mental masturbation about how a race need five quest story to be introduced; there is no actual limitation that prevent Vrykul or Ogre to be playable only blizzard stubbornly denying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Ogres and Vrykul to the Alliance!

Deleted
    i hope one day we will

but according to blizz allied races development, they will be just reskined humans with tauren skeleton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    i dont get all the size thing as well, the size in this game always has changed based on the gameplay needs. IF you are playable you can't be 500 mt tall of course, but you can still be big enough the dwarf any other race (like taurens or trolls).
    Plus, yes i want ogre so badly, but i almsot lost hope on that
    What's the point of shrinking Vrykul? It's their main feature, they're giants. Make them small and they are just boring vikings. They wouldn't be all that different from playing a human.

If I had to guess or make a wish, I'd prefer it if the Vrykul got the full "New race"-treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrinomicon View Post
    i hope one day we will

but according to blizz allied races development, they will be just reskined humans with tauren skeleton

Kinda redundant when the Vrykul already have a unique skeleton from both humans and Tauren...

And yes, Allied races are effectively "sub-races", AKA slight variations from current races. Duh?
    Which is why the Vrykul would be better served by becoming a new race rather than an Allied race.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-13 at 11:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This is the second time you quote that "lore", would be nice to provide a source to support your claim. Preferably something that is still official, not some non-canonical RPG book or a tweet some dev made 6 years ago on a Sunday before coffee. For now, the game represents them as huge - and not just the model which can vary between trash mobs and dungeon bosses, but also the buildings, which are a lot more exact.

Yes, in the end Blizzard will do what it sees fit, but that also includes not adding them as a playable race, or giving you a reasonable compromise in the Kul Tirans.
    in game model or gameplay mechanics don't always provide canon source in things like appearance, size or features, exemple of all the races who have females but don't have a model ingame, playable characters ARE shrunk down for gameplay reasons. Many times my orc and taurens characters are smaller than npcs humans or elves. it will not be the end of the world if your vrykul not be colossal

About lore, the thing who rly brake yours legs, or mine, depend of what blizzard decide to go, there is not lore source who said their size exactly, like they said with ogres, so they can do what they want in the end, if they say vrykuls are just 6 feet we would need to swallow.

But there is lore about how tall they should be, Caerne said vrykuls are like humans, if humans are larger as taurens, thats actually the only source we have.

Taking that taurens have 10 feet, and ogres 8 feet, and they are rly big too, im counting on vrykuls being 9 or 8 feet as well, so again, if they ever become playable they will be tauren-szie without problem

and kultiras are not a reasonable compromise, they are the fat retarded version of vrykul,

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    in game model or gameplay mechanics don't always provide canon source in things like appearance, size or features, exemple of all the races who have females but don't have a model ingame, playable characters ARE shrunk down for gameplay reasons. Many times my orc and taurens characters are smaller than npcs humans or elves. it will not be the end of the world if your vrykul not be colossal

About lore, the thing who rly brake yours legs, or mine, depend of what blizzard decide to go, there is not lore source who said their size exactly, like they said with ogres, so they can do what they want in the end, if they say vrykuls are just 6 feet we would need to swallow.

But there is lore about how tall they should be, Caerne said vrykuls are like humans, if humans are larger as taurens, thats actually the only source we have.

Taking that taurens have 10 feet, and ogres 8 feet, and they are rly big too, im counting on vrykuls being 9 or 8 feet as well, so again, if they ever become playable they will be tauren-szie without problem

and kultiras are not a reasonable compromise, they are the fat retarded version of vrykul,
    I waited for your reply, man, and you gave no source, only head canon.

When your orc and tauren characters are smaller than npc humans and elves, it's not your characters being shrunk, it's the npcs being buffed up to reflect their importance and make them more visible. That's gameplay. But if you go around any city and deal with any trash mobs, unless they are elites, bosses or quest npcs, they will all have the same size as a player characters. Go stand next to an orc guard in Orgrimmar, it's the same size as your orc.

You have no solid argument at all with the size, but I would have gladly waved it away if vrykul at least had anything interesting and new to bring to the table. But they don't. They are a daft race that simply takes away characteristics from others. They are warmongers like the orcs, bigger than the tauren, have a death cult like the forsaken, are savage and ancient like the trolls, rude and snarling like the worgen, and they look like humans with dwarf beards. It's too bad they aren't smart or pretty, or they would have been the all in one race, like mixing all the ice cream flavors into one.

As a giant NPC race, that works, but not if they were playable. They would suck the identity of other races like a boring human-looking void, and they would look retconned and gimpy while doing it... don't even want to imagine it!

The only thing I sympathize with is the appeal of the viking theme, but Kul Tiras does look a little Scandinavian (even though more modern), especially Stormsong Valley, so it may scratch that itch too. Be happy with what you get I guess?

The only thing I sympathize with is the appeal of the viking theme, but Kul Tiras does look a little Scandinavian (even though more modern), especially Stormsong Valley, so it may scratch that itch too. Be happy with what you get I guess?
    Kul Tiras is Slavic-themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Kul Tiras is Slavic-themed.
    Well, the Rus people were vikings.

But I see more of a mix of Denmark/Holland/Iceland/Greenland, with a few Scandinavian mountains in the background. A few of the screenshots there reminded me of Northrend.

Well, the Rus people were vikings.

But I see more of a mix of Denmark/Holland/Iceland/Greenland, with a few Scandinavian mountains in the background. A few of the screenshots there reminded me of Northrend.
    That's reaching, especially looking at Tiragarde Sound and Drustvar. The former feels like St. Petersburg while the latter looks like something taken straight out of the Witcher. They look decidedly East Slavic.

Either way, people want vrykul because they're Norse-themed half-giant barbarians, which are pretty iconic in sword and sorcery. While it may not appeal to you, it appeals to many others and they would add much needed diversity within the Alliance.

Depends on how good the KT animations and everything are but I wouldn’t mind seeing KT humans instead of vrykul as an allied race. Can’t do both would feel too similar imo but KT humans look pretty cool so it depends on how we get them.

Either one would work for me though I like both.

7+ Year Old Account
    I waited for your reply, man, and you gave no source, only head canon.
    sigh

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vrykul

Vrykul appear as very large and muscular humans
    Cairne Bloodhoof (who had never seen one in person) described them in the following way: "They looked like humans—if humans were larger than tauren and sometimes had skin that was covered in ice, or made of metal or stone.
    When your orc and tauren characters are smaller than npc humans and elves, it's not your characters being shrunk, it's the npcs being buffed up to reflect their importance and make them more visible. That's gameplay.
    But if you go around any city and deal with any trash mobs, unless they are elites, bosses or quest npcs, they will all have the same size as a player characters. Go stand next to an orc guard in Orgrimmar, it's the same size as your orc.
    not always, sometimes normal and common npcs are way to big in comparison of your normal playable character, go to mulgore with a tauren and see the difference, they are shrunk down.

You have no solid argument at all with the size, but I would have gladly waved it away if vrykul at least had anything interesting and new to bring to the table. But they don't. They are a daft race that simply takes away characteristics from others. They are warmongers like the orcs, bigger than the tauren, have a death cult like the forsaken, are savage and ancient like the trolls, rude and snarling like the worgen, and they look like humans with dwarf beards. It's too bad they aren't smart or pretty, or they would have been the all in one race, like mixing all the ice cream flavors into one.
    As a giant NPC race, that works, but not if they were playable. They would suck the identity of other races like a boring human-looking void, and they would look retconned and gimpy while doing it... don't even want to imagine it!

taurens are supposed to be the giant race too, see how much people give a damn about, people will be fine.

Either way, people want vrykul because they're Norse-themed half-giant barbarians, which are pretty iconic in sword and sorcery. While it may not appeal to you, it appeals to many others and they would add much needed diversity within the Alliance.
    The problem is, the Orcs are WoW's "barbarian" race. You take something away from them if you make an Alliance race with a similar theme. And you take away from the Tauren if they aren't the largest race anymore. Humans are already over represented in WoW, we don't need to have even more options for barbarian humans, tribal humans and gigantic humans. The Alliance already has a naturalistic race in the Night Elves and a savage and brutal one in the Worgen.

*Snip*
    You gave me a quote which says they are larger than Tauren. That was never in dispute, as that is how they are portrayed in game. In any case, I'm not going to take this discussion any further, since I am going to sleep.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-02-14 at 12:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You gave me a quote which says they are larger than Tauren. That was never in dispute, as that is how they are portrayed in game. In any case, I'm not going to take this discussion any further, since I am going to sleep.

to a tauren who never saw then in person, so he would not have the exactly heights, he also talk about the frost vrykuls, who would be probably bigger. than normal vrykul
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-14 at 01:26 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    What's the point of shrinking Vrykul? It's their main feature, they're giants. Make them small and they are just boring vikings. They wouldn't be all that different from playing a human.
    Their model is not even the same as humans.. These wow vikings already have lore from northrend and now legion and are pretty unique, I always found them much more interesting then humans in the first place.

If you realy feel that way then you are to late , because void elves with *the same* argument fills in that spot already.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-02-14 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    OP - There no way we will ever get race that can be DK/Paladin/Shama/Druid at same time.
    Tauren? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

what, no, i already told you, if a giant race ever enter the horde will be ogres
    Tauren? o.O

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

Tauren? o.O
    again

happy now?

7+ Year Old Account
    That's reaching, especially looking at Tiragarde Sound and Drustvar. The former feels like St. Petersburg while the latter looks like something taken straight out of the Witcher. They look decidedly East Slavic.

I want Vrykul because they closest thing to old human Arathi culture - you know all this warrior/barbarian/tribal stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Visage of the Vrykul toy would be a good size to make playable vrykul. Large enough to be distinguished by every race on the Alliance, while being small enough to fit through most doors.
    https://imgur.com/a/413o7
    They need to fit through every door, not most doors. If it's taller than a Tauren/NE, not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Vrykul as big as tauren would be fine imo.
    This argumement is brought uo everytime and i personaly started to see it as a bad/ whiny thing now tbh.
    So tiny vrykul. Again, what is the point then? Slightly-taller humans?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    They need to fit through every door, not most doors. If it's taller than a Tauren/NE, not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

So tiny vrykul. Again, what is the point then? Slightly-taller humans?
    They are related, same can be said about all kinds of elves. They are unique and being large is part of their character as a whole, but there are couple other subgroups which are smaller, but still look like Vrykul. Both male and female that have unique model which doesn't share skeleton with human models and on top of that have their own culture and doings since Wrath. It's not onlly being large, it's their whole kit that is interesting.
    Besides people like them, they can figure something out