Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I wouldn't say that Sylvanas looks dumb just for being honest, mostly because her honesty brings a few decent arguments, the kind of arguments Garrosh wasn't capable or never cared about to bring on his table. And yes, I believe Saurfang really pissed her off for some reason, apparently the only one trait he shared with Garrosh, aka the obsession over "honor in battle".

Yet her reasoning is overall more convincing, grounded and pragmatic compared to Garrosh's idealistic nonsense. That means she could manage to get a following Garrosh could have never hoped to get.

I would usually agree, the dialogues this time however are way better written than I expected, which makes me just only slightly hopeful.

She has kind of a point though, the surfacing of Azerite was meant to change Azeroth's future one way or another. After all, the Alliance never shown a recognizable dislike regarding superweapons, only when these couldn't be controlled and endangered their own people's lives.
    Her reasons might make more sense than Garrosh's warmongering chest-thumping, but her actual plan is moronic as fuck. She purposefully ignites a war that would heavily compromise (if not outright give up) the valuable territory in northern EKs, which hold two important Horde races. She then assumes that the Alliance will just give up Kalimdor (what, does she want to just exterminate the Night Elves?) or won't be able to attack over the seas, or will just leave her be once the initial fighting is done and Kalimdor is secured. She also seems to assume the races of the Horde will just go along with it, despite four of them not being based in Kalimdor at the time of her statement (assuming Nightborne and Highmountain have already joined). Basically it's a massive gamble taken in haste for gains that are both distant and fairly marginal. The Horde stands to lose far more than it stands to gain in this war of hers.

Her putting Saurfang back in his place is fine, albeit taunting him about his son is kind of uncharacteristically hostile for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You're betting on Blizzard being original and slightly competent. Are you sure you want to do that?
    Heeeh I doubt I would bet more than 10 cents over it. But if the risk is mere disappointment (something Blizzard made us used about) I'll try to face it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    considering that the last expression of racism in warcraft were the genocide of belf in dalara, attempted genocide of darkspear of garrosh and the suicide charges of forsaken veterans, im pretty sure that is pretty dangerous
    Maybe the Darkspear shouldn't have rebelled?

- - - Updated - - -

Heeeh I doubt I would bet more than 10 cents over it. But if the risk is mere disappointment (something Blizzard made us used about) I'll try to face it.
    Best of luck then, I'm just hoping we can at least get the silver lining of a segue into WotLK II after this nonsense.

Saurfang almost seems blinded by this idea of a honorable death. At some point Sylvanas is just fed up. Maybe that's what he wants to talk about with Anduin? That he sees a common ground they could build upon?
    The only way I see as viable would him be just warning Anduin that this war will not end with one side winning or losing. It will be a mutual destruction if they continue like that. No cooperation, no plots or coups - writing it that way would destroy his character. Come on, he's a grizzled veteran who has seen too many deaths of his ppl. He lost his son. Just let him go to Valhalla in a blaze of glory, Blizzard.

Deleted
    Hihi found this on wowhead:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Horde right now *giggles*

Tbh Sylvanas is right to call out the "victory or death" mentality. She does know all about dying for a noble cause and look what happened.

And she does seem to have warmed up to the Horde a bit, I guess we'll have to see if that was genuine or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Maybe not a complete 180, but something is happening to her. She says, that she wants the Horde to prosper on Kalimdor. How does that match up with "there are not her people, her people are in the Undercity"? She talks about how "their children" will think about the war, fully knowing, that her people can't bear children. She says, that "this Horde" is worth saving, and not just the Undercity or her Forsaken.
    Again though, is something happening to her? From "Before the Storm:"

For her part, she did not have much interested in the Horde as a whole, although she took great pains never to let her true feelings show. She had led the Horde to a seemingly impossible victory, and for now, at least, it looked as thought its members were solidly with her.
    Good.
    I mean we have a snippet of her inner thoughts suggesting that she's actively hiding her true feelings. I suppose it's possible, but why, at this point, should we override inner monologue, in favor of public statements made during battle? Especially when we have a quote implying her public statements and actions don't match her private thoughts.

Dude pls. Don't even start it. We've all been thru that too many times already. Your favorite Warchief is Garrosh, mine is Vol'jin, let's focus on something more relevant now. Namely, BBQ at Dolanaar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Her reasons might make more sense than Garrosh's warmongering chest-thumping, but her actual plan is moronic as fuck.
    Well her plan is pretty ambiguos anyway, since we went from "a long planned attack on Stormwind" to "Kalimdor conquest" despite having her own capital in the fucking Eastern Kingdoms. I'll probably wait more info to see if there's truly some sense in it or Blizzard is really suffering a "try hard" syndrome with this storyline.

Her putting Saurfang back in his place is fine, albeit taunting him about his son is kind of uncharacteristically hostile for her.
    Oh boy, I wouldn't really say that. Sylvanas tries her best to sound "reasonable" but pissing her off warrants bitterness shot from a very sharp tongue. Since Sylvanas is usually shown to care about her public image, it seems she really lost her shit there.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Oh boy, I wouldn't really say that. Sylvanas tries her best to sound "reasonable" but pissing her off warrants bitterness shot from a very sharp tongue. Since Sylvanas is usually shown to care about her public image, it seems she really lost her shit there.
    I do agree that Sylvanas isn't one to shy from shooting back (be it words or arrows) if she is pissed off. However, did Saurfang presumably idea of going for a honorable death, maybe plus the fact that they are losing the battle for Lordaeron and maybe his questioning of her strategies, piss her off that much? She was calm enough to hide her thought even when he was implicitly threaten her earlier in the BtS preview.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Sylvanas' - and consequently Nathanos' - exotic sense of humour should be the stuff of proverbs among the Horde now. It seems becoming undead has it's own benefits. I loved Nathanos lines from Stormwind scenario. And now ppl are shocked of her way at Saurfang. We have Baine for 'coool' and nice lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck then, I'm just hoping we can at least get the silver lining of a segue into WotLK II after this nonsense.
    damned monkeys that dont want be obedient!

If we find out Sylvanas intentionally put her own capital under attack abandoning that war theater and focusing on united Kalimdor for Horde instead, I will Nazi salute her.

/s just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    damned monkeys that dont want be obedient!
    They're literally obligated to obey the Warchief according to the Blood Oath of the Horde, which they all gladly swore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I do agree that Sylvanas isn't one to shy from shooting back (be it words or arrows) if she is pissed off. However, did Saurfang presumably idea of going for a honorable death, maybe plus the fact that they are losing the battle for Lordaeron and maybe his questioning of her strategies, piss her off that much? She was calm enough to hide her thought even when he was implicitly threaten her earlier in the BtS preview.
    Well, it seems is pointless to discuss the matter until proper context isn't given.

Oh hey, the Horde proving yet again why they need to be genocided. Noice.

Deleted
    Again though, is something happening to her? From "Before the Storm:"

I mean we have a snippet of her inner thoughts suggesting that she's actively hiding her true feelings. I suppose it's possible, but why, at this point, should we override inner monologue, in favor of public statements made during battle? Especially when we have a quote implying her public statements and actions don't match her private thoughts.
    I just don't think it matches up. She could have struck Stormwind or collapsed Ironforge, but she chose the target, that is the closest to Orgrimmar and most of the Horde. She isn't stupid, she knows, that the Alliance will strike against the Undercity first in the case of war. She wanted to strike at Stormwind in "Before the Storm", now Teldrassil is the target.

I'm also scepitcal of her, and am intriguied by how her story advances, but she doesn't act like someone who doesn't care for the Horde.

I think it's Saurfang almost wanting to throw lives away in the name of honor, that pisses her off. It's just two viewpoints clashing: She wants to use every weapon at her disposal to save her people, while Saurfang rather fight honorably and takes more deaths, including his own. One who fears death, one who craves it.
    Last edited by mmoc1f722ef552; 2018-02-14 at 01:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, they just make sylvanas do, what Garrosh want to do

With Garroh is totally bad, no one accepted

With sylvanas is all ok lets go for it, because yes

meanwhile fuck Saurfang and his stupid sesnse of honor amright, cause horde and honor don't match

also, making the horde the first agressor because they don't just want to conquer, not defend themselves like Garrosh did

i... rly, i lost my words

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post
    If we find out Sylvanas intentionally put her own capital under attack abandoning that war theater and focusing on united Kalimdor for Horde instead, I will Nazi salute her.

/s just in case.

That would mean Sylvanas didn't only sacrifice her own people but also leavin Silvermoon open and undefended for the Alliance.
    But surely she has just noble intentions, what do two cities full of her people matter, right?

I really love how some horde players are clawing aginst their last straw, trying to make up rediculous reasons to defend that their warchief herself said basically: "yes I am bat shit evil and want to conquer, do war crimes and kill innocents"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, look at the positives: goddamn Azshara could potentially become a thing of the past by the end of 8.0.

WotLK 2 is gonna be a lot more probable if that thing is quickly dismissed.