Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

Now people that said slyvanas and horde did not attack first could finally shut it!

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read the comment section to the very topic you've posted.

Regardless, we won't be able to see the whole picture unless we get sights (or complete mono-/dialogue) of both sides.
    For the burning of Teldrassil, I'm on the Alliances' side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    You should read the comment section to the very topic you've posted.

Regardless, we won't be able to see the whole picture unless we get sights (or complete mono-/dialogue) of both sides.
    For the burning of Teldrassil, I'm on the Alliances' side.
    In the battle for Lorederon Dialogue on Alliance side,

"Today, we will claim our victory over the Eastern Kingdoms and take back that which was stolen from us so long ago.
    We stand as one to fight for those who were lost at the battle for Teldrassil - for the families who have lost their homelands.
    That despicably cowardly act of war, made it clear that we must fight for the survival of our next hundred generations."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281843/b...-and-lordaeron

Definitely seems like Sylvanus struck first, but expecting to lose UC?
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Seriously, Sylvanas is just evil as fxxk. She always is.

You dont play UD for love and peace. The foundamental story of Forsaken since vanilla is about spreading plague to the whole Azeroth, infecting and killing all living things, and making them undead. Plotting, scheming, horrible tests on living beings, that is the Forsaken.

There are no needs to defend Sylvanas or her intention or whatever. Just accept that and be a happy undead.
    Last edited by somebodyz; 2018-02-14 at 01:34 AM.

i like being the bad guy

get over it snowflakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas. Not Slyvanas or Sylvanus!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. I see that one way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyz View Post
    Seriously, Sylvanas is just evil as fxxk. She always is.

You dont play UD for love and peace. The foundamental story of Forsaken since vanilla is about spreading plague to the whole Azeroth, infecting and killing all living things, and making them undead. Plotting, scheming, horrible tests on living beings, that is the Forsaken.

There are no needs to defend Sylvanas or her intention or whatever. Just accept that and be a happy undead.
    A lot of Forsaken are actually highly-esteemed magisters. You ever been to the mage hall? Forsaken is about SURVIVAL. Hence the whole undead thing...

Regardless, Alliance already decided to attack the Horde in Silithus, so the whole who started what is moot. The event is already in game on live servers, nothing to guess at.

"So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
    Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."

Yep. She is all chirpy little bitch.
    Now i believe Saurfang defeat is just plan to defect.

The forsaken are about self preservation not really conquering and expanding, research into plague was to be used defensively and against the scourge. Southshore was bombed to claim Hillsbrad and in a certain light could be seen as a defensive move, reinforcing the home line. Gilneas the plague was used as a last ditch attempt at making it unlivable to claim some sort of victory over the steadily mounting losses in that war. Wrathgate was a plot from within the forsaken rank unknown to Sylv, and it sounds like its going to be the same shit with this Undead Council who dont want the forsaken to be around anymore, but to have them be the spark that starts the battle of Teldrassil feels a bit wrathgatey/twilight cultey to me.

And all of that aside, the alliance did start attacking the horde in Silithus instead of trying to form a joint research division or something dedicated to titan magics, which seems strange and alittle shoehorned, about as shoehorned as Alleria's (and the void elves) banishment from Silvermoon

Armory^

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    "So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
    Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."

Yep. She is all chirpy little bitch.
    Now i believe Saurfang defeat is just plan to defect.
    I've seen this movie before. He'll turn up later in the expansion and lead a rebellion against a N'zoth aligned Sylvanas.

Cata was so bad Blizzard skipped right from Wrath 2 to MoP 2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think Blizzard's writers are making a game of it at this point. "What is the most over-the-top evil thing we can have Sylvanas do that her fanboys will still try to defend?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I think Blizzard's writers are making a game of it at this point. "What is the most over-the-top evil thing we can have Sylvanas do that her fanboys will still try to defend?"
    In this very thread we already have somebody who say bombing land with plague was a moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    The forsaken are about self preservation not really conquering and expanding, research into plague was to be used defensively and against the scourge. Southshore was bombed to claim Hillsbrad and in a certain light could be seen as a defensive move, reinforcing the home line. Gilneas the plague was used as a last ditch attempt at making it unlivable to claim some sort of victory over the steadily mounting losses in that war. Wrathgate was a plot from within the forsaken rank unknown to Sylv, and it sounds like its going to be the same shit with this Undead Council who dont want the forsaken to be around anymore, but to have them be the spark that starts the battle of Teldrassil feels a bit wrathgatey/twilight cultey to me.

And all of that aside, the alliance did start attacking the horde in Silithus instead of trying to form a joint research division or something dedicated to titan magics, which seems strange and alittle shoehorned, about as shoehorned as Alleria's (and the void elves) banishment from Silvermoon
    As i said in other thread - if N'Zoth was caught up fucking Sylvanas in the ass people would defend her that he just tripped on her and it all is just huuuuge misunderstanding

Sylvanas is saying if they DON'T destroy the Alliance, the children of Horde will curse their names. And she isn't talking literal fire here. We already know Zul burns Teldrasil with his mysterious improvised burning of Stormwind powers he demonstrates shortly after.

It is possible she wanted to take Teldrassil, but instead it got burned down. And we don't know why yet. Perhaps her Azerite War Machine was more effective than planned. Maybe the Night Elves burned it in spite, or grave error. Maybe it was Old Gods. We'll see...eventually.

I like that Nobbel is right there for lore answers already.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sylvanas is saying if they DON'T destroy the Alliance, the children of Horde will curse their names. And she isn't talking literal fire here. We already know Zul burns Teldrasil with his mysterious improvised burning of Stormwind powers he demonstrates shortly after.
    No. She didn't say shit about destroying the Alliance. She specifically talks about SEPARATING the Horde and Alliance with an Ocean. Not "Let's burn down the Alliance!" or "Let's destroy Stormwind!" or "Let's slaughter all the humans and raise them as shambling corpses!"

Let's wall off Kalimdor in an Unassailable kingdom and have peace because the Alliance can all live "Over There" and we'll live "Over Here"

Don't know -WHAT- the fuck you're reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    It is possible she wanted to take Teldrassil, but instead it got burned down. And we don't know why yet. Perhaps her Azerite War Machine was more effective than planned. Maybe the Night Elves burned it in spite, or grave error. Maybe it was Old Gods. We'll see...eventually.

I like that Nobbel is right there for lore answers already.
    Christie Golden's tweet implies that the Datamined text isn't actually what's happening, but just a small piece.

I think we're still in a situation where a third party is actually responsible for Teldrassil's burning, and Sylvanas's intent was to push the Nelves off Kalimdor, rather than slaughter them. This will be the first WoW novel I buy and read the day it's released.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Did that bitch just threaten Saurfang!?

100% confirmed we are killing her, and not a moment too soon.