Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I feel the OP, I like challenges and generally don't enjoy over gearing content, so I did a experiment and only invited people +/-5 ilvl of the rewards. So a +10 I would only invite 910-920 ilvl. I did this 3 times and finished all 3 keys in time and had fun doing so because it wasn't a push over. Though I had to kick people out because they didn't think it's worth it gemming/enchanting your gear, so you always have to double check.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    940 at this point is literal skank level, irrespective of what level key. My rogue is 940 ilvl, its the worst geared char of all 12 I have due to simply not having the time to actually play it, I rarely do m+ for a weekly on it and if I do its literally whatever I can get accepted into for the weekly essence. If I actually decided "hey, I want to play this and start raiding heroic for fun" then I'd commit more time to it.

So that's all there is to it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Nobody said that they are.

I am just pointing out that the people who continually parrot "Make your own group" have pretty close to no idea what they are talking about. Making your own group only works in certain circumstances - basically if you have a key that doesn't suit the affixes of that particular week then nobody is going to bother joining it, since it's very easy to pick and choose the easiest dungeon for that week and only apply to those keys.

Making your own group worked fine when people were spamming M+ nonstop for AP. But at this stage in the expansion people are basically just looking to complete their weekly +15 as smoothly and easy as possible. If you have a 15 key of anything you'll fill the group really fast. But if you've got +13 fortified Arcway or Halls or something you might as well not even bother because nobody is interested in running a long difficult dungeon when you can just apply to whatever Upper Karazhan group shows up on Fortified week.

My advice to OP would be to look for groups with lower keys who say they are "pushing". If you get into that low key and +3 it and do a good job, you will more than likely be invited to stay to do the next key they get as well.
    Weird how my 885 freshly boosted warlock had zero issue putting a group together and getting up to a +8 completed.

Putting together your own group works just fine, it's not going to instantly get bombarded with high levels players waiting to vault you up onto their shoulders and drop you off in front of a chest- but it can happen if you're patient.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    How about Blizzard comes up with a less asinine way to get gear than relying totally on the goodwill of strangers?
    It's always been like this, and this iteration is much better than oQueue or Open Raid. Blizzards iteration of a group finder is find, you're limited to asking for people with progress/gear equal to your own.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2018-02-14 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I am just pointing out that the people who continually parrot "Make your own group" have pretty close to no idea what they are talking about. Making your own group only works in certain circumstances - basically if you have a key that doesn't suit the affixes of that particular week then nobody is going to bother joining it, since it's very easy to pick and choose the easiest dungeon for that week and only apply to those keys.

Making your own group worked fine when people were spamming M+ nonstop for AP. But at this stage in the expansion people are basically just looking to complete their weekly +15 as smoothly and easy as possible. If you have a 15 key of anything you'll fill the group really fast. But if you've got +13 fortified Arcway or Halls or something you might as well not even bother because nobody is interested in running a long difficult dungeon when you can just apply to whatever Upper Karazhan group shows up on Fortified week.
    Yep, they can apply to all the preferential dungeons and never get in. So yeah, if you have a crappy key you might have to wait longer or pick among people with less gear / no m+ score etc. who already got declined everywhere else, but in general getting into a group is much much harder than getting people into your group. There's overabundance of players queuing and I ask myself why, because everyone can get their own key and they don't deplete, therefore aren't a rare commodity at all.

Last week was grievous / sanguine / fortified and in both halls of valor +10 (low key) and arcway +16 (key above 15) I had more people queuing up than there were spots. Multiple times more. Not even mentioning that for anything 15 and thereabouts people will try to link me stuff ranging from keystone master to mythic argus achievements, m+ score and random other reasons why should I pick them over someone else. And I don't even write in description anything fancy that could give them any impression it's a good group or something, like the groups that write "smooth run" or "need big dick dps". So I don't think it's some unusual occurrence that you get people queuing up or that my groups are in any way better than all other randoms.

Deleted
    No one good enough would do something lower than 15 no reason for it .

How about Blizzard comes up with a less asinine way to get gear than relying totally on the goodwill of strangers?
    They have, they give you the option to make your own group >.> Easy.

You want an mmo, but you also want it to force hand-holdy interactions that remove the little socialization left?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    No one good enough would do something lower than 15 no reason for it .
    By good enough do you mean geared enough or skilled enough?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    And this is such a shitty elitist mentality that is driving new players away. If someone new to the game dings 110 and then goes on to gear up, he will see that a +10 should be appropriate for his ilvl (910). But then, he cannot find a group because of elitists like you and just quits because this community is toxic as hell. I think addons like raider.io should be banned.

I completely get being picky for challenging content, like a 20+, but for a +10 that you will roflstomp anyway? Please.
    FOR YOU MR DUMB WE CAN check your progress and m+ ladder on BLIZZ armory but you are too stupid to realize it RAIDER.IO is using THEM LUL.

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2018-02-14 at 06:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is an way to get geared without relying on strangers

Either:
    Get some FRIENDS
    or
    Join an semi-decent guild
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    DO YOU KNOW WHAT MEANS MMORPG DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS GUILD google it you lazy --.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Every single person on this board has gear over/under geared stories.

When MOP was going there were groups for flex that wouldn’t take less than heroic geared players. Everyone wanted the quick face roll attempts at BOA weapons.

When I was doing Warsong rep farms to get people Justicar titles I wouldn’t let them in group unless they were full conquest geared for whatever week we were in a season. Why? I didn’t want a 20 minute 3-2 game I wanted 5 minute farm rep matches 3-0 every time out.

When you want things done quick and dirty you alway overgear for the situation... always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    By good enough do you mean geared enough or skilled enough?
    I mean skilled enough you know limits of your char what you can do.Even with low chars if you are skilled enough anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's been this way since Wrath, even. Back then it was 5k GS for heroic dungeon spam. (Where 5k GS usually involved full T10 and ICC raid gear.)

This is not new whatsoever. It's still just as cancerous as it was back then.
    No it wasn't. 5k was full tier 8. I would know because I was 5.5K at the beginning of ToC and the reason I remember was because, even though I had never been rejected from a PuG cause of gear, it was the first time I had installed gear score and I was well above this imaginary minimum. You only "needed" 5K for the new H dungeons in ICC which was needed because the last dungeon was relatively hard. Shit would always go sideways in a PUG for that dungeon and, like always, the higher the number the better the player.

Really, if you're going to go on a rant, at least know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I barely made it into a +8 last night before reset after getting declined on my 920 feral for a long time and ended up out dpsing everyone easily, plus I have a brez which I did use to save the healer on a silly trash pull. Ilvl aint everything, pull around 1mill st and kno the mechanics and you are 10/10 in my book. I don't care how much dps you have, you can't heal stupid. Anything 940 or higher on a 10 is absolute overkill but the elitist mentality is infallible lol.

I've healed plenty on my MW and get a lot of well geared players dying to first boss in HoV it's pretty funny. I find that if you have the option to tank or heal, do it, cuz you are far more likely to be accepted into a group and that way you know you can carry instead of hoping one of them isn't a complete retard.

I'd put the base req at 4/6 tier and 2 legendaries, LFR or otherwise, cuz I know what dps that should be giving you. (for most specs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I barely made it into a +8 last night before reset after getting declined on my 920 feral for a long time and ended up out dpsing everyone easily, plus I have a brez which I did use to save the healer on a silly trash pull. Ilvl aint everything, pull around 1mill st and kno the mechanics and you are 10/10 in my book. I don't care how much dps you have, you can't heal stupid. Anything 940 or higher on a 10 is absolute overkill but the elitist mentality is infallible lol.

I've healed plenty on my MW and get a lot of well geared players dying to first boss in HoV it's pretty funny. I find that if you have the option to tank or heal, do it, cuz you are far more likely to be accepted into a group and that way you know you can carry instead of hoping one of them isn't a complete retard.
    YOu are more likely to win a war with battalion than just with platoon,You can not say without testing in fight which 1 is more skilled but you can say for sure battalion can outnumber platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Every single person on this board has gear over/under geared stories.

When MOP was going there were groups for flex that wouldn’t take less than heroic geared players. Everyone wanted the quick face roll attempts at BOA weapons.

When I was doing Warsong rep farms to get people Justicar titles I wouldn’t let them in group unless they were full conquest geared for whatever week we were in a season. Why? I didn’t want a 20 minute 3-2 game I wanted 5 minute farm rep matches 3-0 every time out.

When you want things done quick and dirty you alway overgear for the situation... always.
    yup and when you overgear, you go with other overgeared people.

doesn't really matter OP wasted his time crying on mmo-c how everyone is bad and he's the dogs bollocks on his 920 instead of making his own group acted like a tool (who knew swearing twice in the title we never saw that coming) and got banned LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Last week was grievous / sanguine / fortified and in both halls of valor +10 (low key) and arcway +16 (key above 15) I had more people queuing up than there were spots. Multiple times more. Not even mentioning that for anything 15 and thereabouts people will try to link me stuff ranging from keystone master to mythic argus achievements, m+ score and random other reasons why should I pick them over someone else
    Yes, it is infinitely easier to get a group for your +15 key, because that is what everyone is looking for. 1 run total to get their max chest for the week and then not have to bother again. It's much tougher when your key is +12 or +13 because nobody is really interested in that level. People gearing up would rather do a lower key, people who are already geared would rather just join a 15 right off the bat.

That is why my advice to OP would be to look for someone who says that they are pushing their key - the best way to get into a high keystone run when your gear isn't that great is to be in the group that pushed that keystone to begin with.

What the shitposters never really take into a account is that the people who complain on the forums about not being able to get into groups don't have a +15 key to advertise. So their groups are taking a hell of a lot longer to form than a group with a +15 key is.

Last week I had +14 Lower Kara (grievous/Sanguine/Fort). I advertised it for at least 45 minutes (minimum ilvl 940, which is 15 ilvls lower than my own ilvl) while doing WQs and not a single person applied in that time. I ended up just joining someone else's +14 which we pushed to +16. I spent way less time getting into a group that way than I did advertising to try to find a group for my own key.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-14 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As seen by how the discussion has turned out into a "mess" as "complaint" thread usually do, then closing it.